Just Back

This thread currently has 11,828 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 1, 2023, 9:35am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Four of the last five goals we’ve conceded have been caused by midfielders not tracking their runners and defenders not spotting the danger and shifting across to cover to protect our goal.

I know Hurst signed these players. I know he trains them every week. But the players have to take some responsibility themselves.

Swindon’s first goal - how can Efete not realise there is a massive gap between him and Rodgers? I know the two of them are playing out of position but it’s basics. Why has no midfielder followed the runner - again!

The second goal - yes, I know Waterfall’s turned slowly and what pace he has appears to have disappeared. But why has our midfield just allowed Cain to stand 10 yards behind them. Why aren’t Rodgers and Efete covering Waterfall when they know he’s short of pace and they can see there is a midfield runner?

They had a warning in the first half when Andrews got caught the wrong side of Cain and there was a huge gap between our non-existent midfield and our defence.

I realise Maher and Conteh missing is huge. But the same thing happened last week when Holohan couldn’t be arsëd tracking his man or bothering to run back (twice).

All this talk of our problems upfront - it’s our defensive work in midfield that’s worrying me more.

100% agree. Swindon had huge amounts of space in midfield and very little challenge when they were on the ball.

I know Holohan isn`t everyone`s cup of tea but he does some of the grunt work here to close down space and get a challenge in.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 125
October 1, 2023, 9:42am
Guest User
Quoted from denni266

Absolutley spot on .... And why cannot people see what is going on. Why do people just be happy with survival , And on two wins every 10 games aint going to achieve survival. He has wasted out little football fortune and we have gone backwards.. Listen to his interview after the game ,, He is lost struggled to find the words and what to say, He may be a safe pair of hands in none league but he is not a football league manager .Stop looking up the road and worrying about them, look at us take your blinkers off.. But no too many cannot see past their noses and when someone points out whats happining all the can do is call you from a pig to a dog and kiss hurst rear end .

Says the football expert.............

Reply: 71 - 125
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 1, 2023, 10:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555

100% agree. Swindon had huge amounts of space in midfield and very little challenge when they were on the ball.

I know Holohan isn`t everyone`s cup of tea but he does some of the grunt work here to close down space and get a challenge in.

Apart from last week, which is why Hurst dropped him 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 125
Trevor Whymark
October 1, 2023, 10:47am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
Gold Stars: 9
Speaking to Swindon fans they said they were hoping for final whistle it was to tense for them Grimisby played well  should have come out with the points the pressures  of football .Be carefully what we wish for  Holloway comes to mind We playing football a few injuries but those last away games  of seen notts county Bradford Swindon  Even wrexham to a point   our football just needs a finish how missed those goalmouth scambles  at Swindon  look different team with Rose playing
Totally different love them hate them good to get a drummer always keeps spirts up  maybe we could Pyke to do it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 125
GollyGTFC
October 1, 2023, 10:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
We've been worked out. Everyone in the division knows how to beat us. Outnumber us in central midfield which forces our wingers back and nullifies them to a big extent and leaves Rose isolated.

I was convinced during pre-season that we would line up in a 4-3-3 / 4-1-4-1 with an anchor (Conteh) in central midfield and a player either side of them. To 4-2-3-1 formation we are attempting to play is useless because we get overrun in central midfield than exposes our centre-backs and also because we don't have anyone to play in the number 10 role who is anywhere near competent enough to play that role.

I go to football in the hope that we play well and win matches. But more important than that is that I am entertained. The truth is this season the football has been turgid and entertainment almost non-existent.

And people are rightly asking serious question about whether PH can take us where we want to go. We can all accept poor form and defeats as long as we can see signs of improvement and see where we are heading and that their is a footballing plan to take us forward.

But the recruitment has been patchy. We are still weak in central midfield despite having one of the very best in the division at our disposal and there is a serious lack of goals in the team. And then there's the goalkeeper issue, We have 2 great prospects who will have very good careers, but neither are at the level of Crocombe at the monent even if both will end up having better careers than him.

Most successful teams having a solid spine. We have glaring weaknesses all over our spine.

This could be a very long season spent looking over our shoulders worrying about the bottom 2 team only being 8-10 behind us.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 74 - 125
denni266
October 1, 2023, 11:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from 123614

Says the football expert.............

Well thanks for that . I try my best . One think for sure is the way things are  they are not working are they ??????
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 125
Nutsy
October 1, 2023, 11:17am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
I really think we need two up top. I am not a traditionalist by any means, but Conteh and Holohan with Clifton and Eisa out wide will prevent us getting run ragged in midfield and also help in attack and defence.

Wilson and Rose up top would help create something and test defences
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 125
Rick12
October 1, 2023, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I'd get off social media then. It's just toxic. Pure negativity.

You can say that again mate. Across the board though on online social media . Some give it Billy big Bollox yet in real life have balls the size of peanuts.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 125
ginnywings
October 1, 2023, 12:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

And the same guys burying their head in the sand rather than face reality....
Crewe put 3 past Wrexham, Colchester put 4 past Notts, Sutton put 5 past Swindon...
For all those saying we've had a tough start, I'm not buying that, no game should be seen as "I'll take a draw" from team X, as seen above 3 of those teams have conceded 12 goals against other opposition, they've conceded 3 against us!!...
We've dropped 12 points from winning positions this season, won the grand total of 2 games out of the last 13, its simply not good enough, and if you're happy to accept that, that's your choice, but I know I certainly am not.

Wrexham were down to 10 men early, but still managed a draw. Colchester actually scored 5, but conceded 4, so tight game, and Swindon never conceded 5 against Sutton as they are unbeaten all season.

We have had a tough start; that can't be denied.

On your last point, that you are not going to accept it. What are you going to do other than accept it? I'm curious. Yourself and Denni seem to think that other fans are happy with the way things are going, but we're not. This happy clapper bollox is just that; bollox.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 125
October 1, 2023, 12:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266

Well thanks for that . I try my best . One think for sure is the way things are  they are not working are they ??????

No they are not, but I prefer to reserve my opinion on our Manager till the end of the season, not 10 games in.

Reply: 79 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.