Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC

This thread currently has 19,121 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
July 17, 2023, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ska face
A good source has told me that moving walkways are to be installed at the front of each stand so that early-leavers don’t linger around blocking everyone’s view.

Do they have the “Barnet” reverse gear functionality -  for when we are 3-1 down against mediocre opposition with a panicking defence when we pull one back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 170
GollyGTFC
July 17, 2023, 6:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from forza ivano

I really don't think it's in Andrew & Jason's nature to do Anything 'half baked'!

Didn't Debbie say in her interview that grants were becoming available next year, so it made sense to delay the major works by a year.
It all sounds very interesting if the stuff about an extension is valid. Also the poster who said about them wanting to see if the massive STH sales were a flash in the pan, sounds very 1878!

Premier League solidarity payments to the EFL are increasing and the PL wants the increase to be directed towards infrastructure projects rather than just going on increased wages for players. I'm guessing JS & AP are hoping for a structure to be put in place that will deliver the new training ground and make a new stadium viable in their heads.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 170
Mappers
July 17, 2023, 6:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Premier League solidarity payments to the EFL are increasing and the PL wants the increase to be directed towards infrastructure projects rather than just going on increased wages for players. I'm guessing JS & AP are hoping for a structure to be put in place that will deliver the new training ground and make a new stadium viable in their heads.

That's their hope and it would be great ,but I'm  sure clubs will find loopholes to chase the dream and spunk it away on player salaries .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 170
Heisenberg
July 17, 2023, 6:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,065
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Mappers

That's their hope and it would be great ,but I'm  sure clubs will find loopholes to chase the dream and spunk it away on player salaries .

Loopholes should result in points deductions on this one. That money HAS to be used on infrastructure. Football is on a slippery slope, and using the EPL money wisely can start the fixing process. Losing their confidence could f#ck things up forever for ‘the likes of Grimsby’.

I have no doubt we’ll do the right thing, but someone’s bound to mess it up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 170
Southwark Mariner
July 17, 2023, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Perhaps they meant a more permanent division of the Osmond in favour of home fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 170
Norseman
July 17, 2023, 11:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
I know money is tight but would have been nice for all toilets to be upgraded ,hot water and electric handryers .It is 2023
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 170
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 18, 2023, 12:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +846
Gold Stars: 117
If they know the grants are to be available next year (is that January or the start of next season?) then they could fence the gap off between the Pontoon and Main, and start building something now. As long as the upfront costs are covered by 1878, they will get their monies back

The only things that would need a temorary home would be the announcers box, and the Match Commander/Police Box. A two storey temporary structure could easily be erected either between the Lower and Pontoon or Lower and Osmond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 170
GYinScuntland
July 18, 2023, 1:28am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Oly1987
We have room within the stadium could we not work round piece by piece? So start by building a completely new stand in the corner of the main/pontoon connecting to the pontoon, then working our way across the main stand closing off sections with the new build offsetting the lost seats while we work, with the end result being a new enclosed stand running around 3 sides of the pitch with an overall net increase in capacity?

I'm absolutely sure that many years ago Notts County rebuilt their ground in the close season. If not all the ground, I'm sure it was three of the sides.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 170
lukeo
July 18, 2023, 5:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Total guess but IF they're revamping / rebuilding the main stand it wouldn't suprise me if they extend it to the police box. That'd give us an extra couple hundred seats and providing they update the roof situation a couple hundred extra non restricted seats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 170
fishboyUTM
July 18, 2023, 7:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
It's videos like these that make me so grateful Fenty has gone. And Jason and Andrew are our owners. Their team headed by Debbie are in a different world to what we had before. That man wasted 17 years of my time and passion, I can't wait to see us fly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.