Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC

This thread currently has 19,148 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc_chris
July 17, 2023, 1:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
I took my girls on the tour of BP the trust offered earlier in the year, and the tour guide mentioned there were plans to extend the Main Stand in the summer. I don't honestly know his name but I'm 99.9% sure he was a Trust Committee Member and so I took it as having a little more knowledge than your average without taking it as gospel fact.

I'm having a wonder and putting 2+2 together with a variety of answers, one of which being that if they've opted to look at ST sales this summer and see if it wasn't a promotion spike that happened last year before deciding whether to amalgamate necessary works alongside an extension or some other major development of the Main.

If this guy was 'in the know' of an extension that didn't come to fruition then perhaps it's a bit of leakage of conversations that are taking place with recognition of the increasing need, without it being fully rubber stamped.

Could be a million and one explanations to what is actually happening and I suppose we'll know for certain next summer when the work is carried out but I'm hopeful that something exciting will be on it's way next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 170
1mickylyons
July 17, 2023, 1:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
The big thing with a revamped Main stand offering decent views is fans relocating from other stands and a further uptake on Season Ticket sales. The main stand whilst not having the elevated view of the Upper is a closer to the pitch and usually several degrees warmer 😀.
I really hope to see this I think  can only be a positive for the club and another indicator of progress off the field from 1878.Hopefully the steadfast support from the fans over there reign gives them confidence that the greater together message goes both ways and is getting through.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 170
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 17, 2023, 2:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
After nigh on 20 years of promise after promise, I’d like to think that no news is good news and that until everything is signed off and 100% guaranteed, it’s only then that we will find anything out.

There’s been way too many arguments and vitriol passed due to the false plans and pie in the sky dreams from Timmy tyre kicker and his chums that if something is going to be done by 1878 then I’d think it’s more than likely going to happen.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 170
Heisenberg
July 17, 2023, 2:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
An extension to a decrepit fire hazard?! I would doubt it. Full demolition and an extended replacement including tying-in with the pontoon by way of a filled corner is required.

I know money is a huge issue, but these sticking plasters have got to stop. I’d rather they do nothing than do something half baked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 170
Quagmire
July 17, 2023, 2:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Daft question but .... is it in danger of becoming a listed building which would hamper any improvements or halt demolition?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 170
MuddyWaters
July 17, 2023, 3:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Heisenberg
An extension to a decrepit fire hazard?! I would doubt it. Full demolition and an extended replacement including tying-in with the pontoon by way of a filled corner is required.

I know money is a huge issue, but these sticking plasters have got to stop. I’d rather they do nothing than do something half baked.

For what it’s worth, I was told that the major works should have happened this summer but something bureaucratic got in the way.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 170
Oly1987
July 17, 2023, 3:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
We have room within the stadium could we not work round piece by piece? So start by building a completely new stand in the corner of the main/pontoon connecting to the pontoon, then working our way across the main stand closing off sections with the new build offsetting the lost seats while we work, with the end result being a new enclosed stand running around 3 sides of the pitch with an overall net increase in capacity?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 170
arryarryarry
July 17, 2023, 3:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
After nigh on 20 years of promise after promise, I’d like to think that no news is good news and that until everything is signed off and 100% guaranteed, it’s only then that we will find anything out.

There’s been way too many arguments and vitriol passed due to the false plans and pie in the sky dreams from Timmy tyre kicker and his chums that if something is going to be done by 1878 then I’d think it’s more than likely going to happen.

I think it was Chairman Bill Carr that made the first announcement of a new ground.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 170
ska face
July 17, 2023, 4:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,666
Gold Stars: 847
A good source has told me that moving walkways are to be installed at the front of each stand so that early-leavers don’t linger around blocking everyone’s view.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 170
forza ivano
July 17, 2023, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,210
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Heisenberg

I really don't think it's in Andrew & Jason's nature to do Anything 'half baked'!

Didn't Debbie say in her interview that grants were becoming available next year, so it made sense to delay the major works by a year.
It all sounds very interesting if the stuff about an extension is valid. Also the poster who said about them wanting to see if the massive STH sales were a flash in the pan, sounds very 1878!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.