Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 113 Guests

Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC

This thread currently has 19,132 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Spurn boy
July 15, 2023, 3:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from gytone
I reckon next summer could see the roof of the main stand and possible extension being implemented, she almost said as much in her interview, also thought I read about some grants being available next summer.

I’m not sure if the Government Levelling up fund is available for football/ sports clubs but is available for cultural and community organisations, Blundell Park with its town location is definitely a community asset and maybe that’s what she was referring to.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 170
promotion plaice
July 15, 2023, 3:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,077
Gold Stars: 198

Ground improvements:

Putting the temporary bar back in the entrance to the Findus would help, the queues in the lower bar are horrendous at half-time.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 170
jimgtfc
July 15, 2023, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,090
Gold Stars: 45

They've said multiple times for now we are staying at BP and are looking at possible ways of investing in BP

Yeah I know, but they say that without really saying anything at all. Will we just keep replacing seats and painting the numbers for the next few years? I might sound ungrateful I know, and I really am grateful for everything they’ve done for this club, I’d just like to hear a tangible long term plan, like we’re looking at options for replacing the main or the findus or whatever. I don’t understand why it has to be all hush hush, same with the training ground.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 170
sonofmadeleymariner
July 15, 2023, 5:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from jimgtfc

Yeah I know, but they say that without really saying anything at all. Will we just keep replacing seats and painting the numbers for the next few years?

For the time being I think so. I think it was on the DN podcast they said at the back end of last season something along the lines of that there wasn't really the funding for a new ground at present and along with them both saying for a while that BP was enough for the time being I think we'll just see more investment in what we've got. Especially with what ls being spent on the training ground as well.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 170
LocalLadGTFC
July 15, 2023, 5:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,224
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from jimgtfc

Yeah I know, but they say that without really saying anything at all. Will we just keep replacing seats and painting the numbers for the next few years? I might sound ungrateful I know, and I really am grateful for everything they’ve done for this club, I’d just like to hear a tangible long term plan, like we’re looking at options for replacing the main or the findus or whatever. I don’t understand why it has to be all hush hush, same with the training ground.

At the fans forum I believe Andrew went a bit more in depth about what they're doing and the plans and I imagine with his background he's probably at the forefront of any discussions. Given he's the quieter of the 3 on social media etc is probably why it's an issue that's not really addressed as much as the others.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 170
The Caterham Mariner
July 15, 2023, 5:39pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8

They've said multiple times for now we are staying at BP and are looking at possible ways of investing in BP

Ok  We're staying I can live with that so future improvements /investment / developements are
needed for BP  Please.
UTM 2023--24.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 170
ginnywings
July 15, 2023, 6:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jimgtfc

I think it's because they are not going to announce what they would like to do, only what they are going to do once it's beyond certain.

The training ground is the priority, and won't be cheap, but they won't announce their plans until all the contracts and permissions are done and dusted.

I think once the training ground is squared away, they will concentrate on the future of BP. Sort the playing side first, then develop the ground into a fit state to showcase what will hopefully be a much more talented and competitive team.

The alternative is plans that never come to fruition, and we all know how frustrating that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 170
It Bites
July 15, 2023, 7:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
It's all not good enough really . Look at Scunthorpe, they've closed , opened and closed their academy. They've moved to Ilkeston and back again . They're building a new ground, ready in 2 years , funded   by an enabling development and government money .

Our owners have laid some seed and fixed a bog
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 170
Mappers
July 15, 2023, 7:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from It Bites
It's all not good enough really . Look at Scunthorpe, they've closed , opened and closed their academy. They've moved to Ilkeston and back again . They're building a new ground, ready in 2 years , funded   by an enabling development and government money .

Our owners have laid some seed and fixed a bog

Christ don't give that cult following anymore ammo ,they will be saying we are envious of their primary non-funder next !
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 170
It Bites
July 15, 2023, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mappers

Christ don't give that cult following anymore ammo ,they will be saying we are envious of their primary non-funder next !

😂😂😂😂 Sorry mate
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 170
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ground Improvements - Well done GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.