15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Simon
July 11, 2023, 4:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
Crazy idea - rip down the Findus, expand it outwards into the car park, make it wider so it goes to the Ponny and the Osmond, stick some huge sparkly new changing rooms at basement level on that side with a basement car park for the club officials and then have a stonking great hospitality set up, along with club shop and more food/drink outlets across ground floor and 2nd (or even a third tier!). Solves the changing room issues, the corporate issues, the land issues (maybe) and creates more seats in general. All the money making bits taken care of in this 1st phase means it can pay itself off quicker and then allow a rebuild of the next stand in turn etc

Bring on the red crosses!

Between Blundell Avenue & Neville Street there are 20 houses, at an inflated price of £100,000 per property thats a huge parcel of land for two million pounds. Could build an amazing stand on there to redevelop the main stand to give us everything we need capacity wise, in time develop the Osmond stand and eventually fill in the pontoon corners

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 148
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 11, 2023, 4:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Simon

Between Blundell Avenue & Neville Street there are 20 houses, at an inflated price of £100,000 per property thats a huge parcel of land for two million pounds. Could build an amazing stand on there to redevelop the main stand to give us everything we need capacity wise, in time develop the Osmond stand and eventually fill in the pontoon corners

All it needs is 20 people to give up their family homes. And planning permission to flatten them.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 148
diehardmariner
July 11, 2023, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from Gaffer58
Will anyone in the lower leagues sell out their grounds when the new TV package for league clubs starts in a season or 2. Isn’t there a proposal that all games will be televised but will be pay to view. If this is correct apart from your absolute hard core of fans who must be at the game I can see the majority watching from home, especially on a cold wet Tuesday night in December.

By which theory football attendances in this country would be decreasing as more and more football is available on TV.

However...

[img]https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/grattnengleague.gif[/img]

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengleague.htm

We're now at post-WWII levels of average attendances across the top four divisions of the English game, despite having more TV on offer than ever before.  In the fourth tier it's at levels last seen consistently in the late 1950's, again absolutely sod all on offer on the box then, both in terms of football in general.

Football is an anomaly.  Despite an ever growing and increasingly saturated entertainment market, with increased demands on our wallets and attention, attendances at football games continue to grow.  

I think once the new deal comes in it might have the potential to impact on the odd Tuesday night game in shite November conditions.  But the majority of games won't be affected at all, if anything it's gaining more exposure for the game (at all levels) which seems to be helping in increasing gate receipts.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 148
DB
July 11, 2023, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
Like many others, I have accepted that we will not move from BP unless a sugar daddy appears. So we are left with the redevelopment of BP. which will take money and time.

Given that 1878 have said the main development is the new training ground, I think we will have to wait longer than we think for the redevelopment of BP.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 148
lew chaterleys lover
July 11, 2023, 5:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DB
Like many others, I have accepted that we will not move from BP unless a sugar daddy appears. So we are left with the redevelopment of BP. which will take money and time.

Given that 1878 have said the main development is the new training ground, I think we will have to wait longer than we think for the redevelopment of BP.

Probably we will but we will need extra seats in the meantime, and even if we know the direction of travel it would be exciting.

The only substantial changes I have seen in 60 years is the Findus stand being built and the change to all seater.

Well overdue a revamp!
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 148
Poojah
July 11, 2023, 5:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,752
Gold Stars: 1,509

Probably we will but we will need extra seats in the meantime, and even if we know the direction of travel it would be exciting.

The only substantial changes I have seen in 60 years is the Findus stand being built and the change to all seater.

Well overdue a revamp!

Meanwhile in Nottingham…

https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/status/1677384435111436292

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 148
Theimperialcoroner
July 11, 2023, 6:36pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Poojah

Imagine the day when the announcements in the Pontoon don’t sound like they are being delivered underwater.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 148
toontown
July 11, 2023, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from aldi_01
I

I’d imagine that many a discussion has taken place regarding a redevelopment of BP, and whilst some armchair experts seem to obsess over BP being knackered and seem to have some insider made up knowledge about safety certificates etc, I think there’s genuine suggestions probably being made about BP.

I don't think you need to be an armchair expert or have made up insider knowledge to know BP is a bit knackered, the main stand in particular- stockwood is on record as having said its been assessed and HAS to have 300k spent on it, there's no choice. That sounds like a safety certificate issue to me, or maybe EFL standards that have to be reached, which is effectively the same thing.

We can only go on for so long tarting up the main stand - at some point we have to either move or, much more likely, rebuild it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 148
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 11, 2023, 6:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from toontown

I don't think you need to be an armchair expert or have made up insider knowledge to know BP is a bit knackered, the main stand in particular- stockwood is on record as having said its been assessed and HAS to have 300k spent on it, there's no choice. That sounds like a safety certificate issue to me, or maybe EFL standards that have to be reached, which is effectively the same thing.

We can only go on for so long tarting up the main stand - at some point we have to either move or, much more likely, rebuild it.

you say it HAS to be done but the club decided not to do it in the end and I presume they still got the certificate,

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 148
lew chaterleys lover
July 11, 2023, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

you say it HAS to be done but the club decided not to do it in the end and I presume they still got the certificate,

Let's hope that means they have a longer term plan for it then in the pipeline.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 148
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Show us the money

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.