15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
July 14, 2023, 4:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,726
Gold Stars: 237
Regarding the issue of nearby residents, how anybody could object a new modern tastefully designed and constructed stand when it replaces a hotchpotch collection of rusty iron and rotting timber topped with barbed wire is beyond me.

Assuming we ever get that far I am sure it will be within all the planning laws regarding height etc.and if it is part of a wider stadium re-build it would enhance the area where they live.
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 148
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 14, 2023, 4:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,278
Gold Stars: 306
Regarding the issue of nearby residents, how anybody could object a new modern tastefully designed and constructed stand when it replaces a hotchpotch collection of rusty iron and rotting timber topped with barbed wire is beyond me.

Assuming we ever get that far I am sure it will be within all the planning laws regarding height etc.and if it is part of a wider stadium re-build it would enhance the area where they live.

As mentioned above, people could object based on having their view obstructed (or even changed) or their garden/house being in shade. They could object to the building work. Or the greater footfall on match days.

When one club built a new stand (it might have been Liverpool) it messed up the entire street's TV reception and the club had to pay for all of them to subscribe to Sky to get their TV back.

People will complain about bloody anything, especially when it involves their homes and change.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 148
lew chaterleys lover
July 14, 2023, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,726
Gold Stars: 237

As mentioned above, people could object based on having their view obstructed (or even changed) or their garden/house being in shade. They could object to the building work. Or the greater footfall on match days.

When one club built a new stand (it might have been Liverpool) it messed up the entire street's TV reception and the club had to pay for all of them to subscribe to Sky to get their TV back.

People will complain about bloody anything, especially when it involves their homes and change.

What you say is true, but all objections can be mitigated against with a sympathetic planning application, a lot of goodwill from the owners and a realistic approach from residents.

Assuming all planning criteria is met, and any objections addressed as reasonably as possible even our council should be able to see the benefit for all...

I wonder how many years hence this will still be a Fishy thread?

Private Message
Reply: 142 - 148
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 17, 2023, 6:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178

Probably a firestick and a dodgy iptv download on it

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 148
mimma
July 17, 2023, 7:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
I believe that when the Findus (or whatever it's called today) was built, it messed up TV reception and the club had to install signal boosters to solve the problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 148
diehardmariner
July 18, 2023, 10:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539

I would imagine the major objection for the long-term would the be the impact on daylight, or loss of it, as a result of any new stand.  I would also guess that navigating that would be a piece of urine for a remotely skilled architect.  
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 148
Balthazar Bullitt
July 18, 2023, 12:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from diehardmariner

I would imagine the major objection for the long-term would the be the impact on daylight, or loss of it, as a result of any new stand.  I would also guess that navigating that would be a piece of urine for a remotely skilled architect.  

I don't think it would, unless large parts of it were made of glass. Could create an extra revenue stream by growing tomatoes under it though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 148
Heswall Mariner
July 18, 2023, 12:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +591
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from mimma
I believe that when the Findus (or whatever it's called today) was built, it messed up TV reception and the club had to install signal boosters to solve the problem.

I guess that because our name was/is rarely mentioned on national TV I  remember  that this was discussed on 'Saint & Greavsie' who thought it was a wonderful gesture by the club. - eh?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 148
diehardmariner
July 18, 2023, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

I don't think it would, unless large parts of it were made of glass. Could create an extra revenue stream by growing tomatoes under it though

It wouldn't need to be made of glass.  It would just need to be no higher than what the current height is.  The roof is quite high in the Main Stand when you consider the rows of seats in it, surely a complete rebuild would either have a lower roof with the same depth of seat rows.  Or the same height but better use of the space to create more rows.
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Show us the money

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.