Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Les Brechin and 28 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 100.

Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

This thread currently has 14,035 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
June 11, 2021, 7:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from DB

He obviously did as the request was his. He could have said any other name and it would have been ok with me. His choice, not mine.

DB don't keep trying to justify yourself to idiots.
Just tell the Jeremy's to intercourse off.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 161
Stadium
June 11, 2021, 7:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
From elsewhere:

There is no rational argument against taking the knee. It harms no one, insults nothing and does not interfere with the rhythm of the game. The England players work in multicultural dressing-rooms. They understand better than dogwhistling Tory MPs and booing bigots that talent, application and intelligence are not linked in any way to ethnicity or colour. Football grounds should be places that force you to think about your attitude to race. The makeup of the teams should challenge preconceptions.

Unlike the Conservative MPs and their allies. Only a fool could believe the crank theories that they have dredged up to confuse the public. The same goes for the booing supporters, who claim they are protesting against Marxism. They are beyond parody but too many are treating them seriously.

The racists cannot any longer display NF flags and call players despicable names with impunity. They have had to become creative but their warped logic is beyond absurd.

England and the FA cannot back down. You either confront racism or tacitly condone it. The country should be proud of its team and ashamed of some of its elected representatives.

Nice summary.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 161
DB
June 11, 2021, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from TAGG

DB don't keep trying to justify yourself to idiots.
Just tell the Jeremy's to intercourse off.

As in cfffkou or is this a new word for our younger generation?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 161
codcheeky
June 11, 2021, 7:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod

DB....Hi there I’m DB welcome to the neighbourhood my friend.

Sam...Hello my name is Cheteshwar Samson but you can call me Sam.

DB.... Ok Sam it is then.

40 years later ........

Grantley.....Racist😡

You really think he was called Sambo because his unpronounceable name was Samson? Is this parody ?
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 161
Azimuth
June 11, 2021, 8:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Some pretty angry debate here about Croatia's decision whilst completely missing the point that it is entirely their or any other team or individual players free choice to kneel or not, personally I dont care either way and respect the individuals choice and reasons for whatever they do.
We still live in a free society and it is entirely resonable for people to make their own choices and not feel the need to conform or bow to pressure either way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 161
1mickylyons
June 11, 2021, 8:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Stadium
From elsewhere:

There is no rational argument against taking the knee. It harms no one, insults nothing and does not interfere with the rhythm of the game. The England players work in multicultural dressing-rooms. They understand better than dogwhistling Tory MPs and booing bigots that talent, application and intelligence are not linked in any way to ethnicity or colour. Football grounds should be places that force you to think about your attitude to race. The makeup of the teams should challenge preconceptions.

Unlike the Conservative MPs and their allies. Only a fool could believe the crank theories that they have dredged up to confuse the public. The same goes for the booing supporters, who claim they are protesting against Marxism. They are beyond parody but too many are treating them seriously.

The racists cannot any longer display NF flags and call players despicable names with impunity. They have had to become creative but their warped logic is beyond absurd.

England and the FA cannot back down. You either confront racism or tacitly condone it. The country should be proud of its team and ashamed of some of its elected representatives.

Nice summary.

Or of course you could just simply be a football fan who wants to watch football without this sideshow detracting from the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 161
GYinScuntland
June 11, 2021, 8:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from LH
Anyone supporting Croatia over England on here should take a knee. In the balderdash.

Depends if they've got them in the sweepstake. 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 161
Stadium
June 11, 2021, 10:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Or of course you could just simply be a football fan who wants to watch football without this sideshow detracting from the game

Correct as stated in the second line:

"It harms no one, insults nothing and does not interfere with the rhythm of the game"

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 161
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 11, 2021, 10:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from Azimuth
Some pretty angry debate here about Croatia's decision whilst completely missing the point that it is entirely their or any other team or individual players free choice to kneel or not, personally I dont care either way and respect the individuals choice and reasons for whatever they do.
We still live in a free society and it is entirely resonable for people to make their own choices and not feel the need to conform or bow to pressure either way.

The problem I have with Croatia doing this is that they have a huge problem with racism in their country.

Recent bans for swastikas mown into the pitch and racist fan chanting. That’s before we even contemplate the fact they have committed genocidal acts in the past 30 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 161
mariner91
June 11, 2021, 10:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,631
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Gaffer58
Out of interest how many on this board have taken the knee today, if not why not, it always seems to be the poor old (sorry, rich young) footballers/ sportspersons who are expected to show their solidarity with the oppressed etc.

I didn't take the knee today but it wouldn't quite have the same effect when there's only usually me and two others in the room I work in as opposed to being watched by millions of people on TV.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 161
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.