Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

This thread currently has 14,023 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
June 12, 2021, 7:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19

It is not a strange comment at all. You posted an article that you tagged a "fair summary." I suspected it was from a publication that supported your view. You now say it was gleaned from the laughably named Independent, which is fair enough as they support your viewpoint. If I was you I would do the same.

I don't agree with it so posted a marker to a different summary, one which I do agree with. Neither of us is right or wrong and we will obviously disagree with our respective pieces, but it is important both summaries are pointed out in the balance of fairness.

Ah I see.
Once again obsessed with a supposed "viewpoint" but cannot explain what's wrong with the article.
Brilliant.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 161
lew chaterleys lover
June 12, 2021, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium

Ah I see.
Once again obsessed with a supposed "viewpoint" but cannot explain what's wrong with the article.
Brilliant.

That's easy! I don't agree with any of it. I do, however, agree with the John Humphrys article which explains in detail and far more eloquently than I could why people like me and him do not want footballers to take the knee; he also takes the time to explain that does not make us closet racists or uncaring individuals, simply that we would prefer racism tackled with real action rather than meaningless gestures.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 161
Stadium
June 12, 2021, 9:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19

That's easy! I don't agree with any of it. I do, however, agree with the John Humphrys article which explains in detail and far more eloquently than I could why people like me and him do not want footballers to take the knee; he also takes the time to explain that does not make us closet racists or uncaring individuals, simply that we would prefer racism tackled with real action rather than meaningless gestures.

Thanks for your honesty.

It harms no one, insults nothing and does not interfere with the rhythm of the game

Disagreeing with all above says it all really.

"why people like me and him do not want footballers to take the knee"

Nothing to do with you & entirely the footballers choice actually.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 161
Azimuth
June 12, 2021, 9:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Stadium

Thanks for your honesty.

It harms no one, insults nothing and does not interfere with the rhythm of the game

But if they choose not to conform or kneel they are branded racist in some peoples mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 161
Grimsbynewhope
June 12, 2021, 9:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
If kneeling is such a meaningless gesture why does it upset you so much. The thing about racism is even the racists are to embarrassed to admit what they really believe, they hide behind any reason but the truth

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 161
VinnyGTFC
June 12, 2021, 9:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Some of this thread shows how pathetic some of you are. If players want to take the knee or don't want to take the knee so what. Get out of your socially backward views and neolithic attitudes and let people do what they feel is right. 5 seconds of taking a knee so what. Grow up.
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 161
LH
June 12, 2021, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Tweet 1403804301453971456 will appear here...
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 161
lew chaterleys lover
June 12, 2021, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium

Thanks for your honesty.

From the John Humphrys piece - so why won't some people applaud the taking of the knee.   "I suspect that many resent being forced to prove they are decent human beings, that don't have a racist bone in their bodies. They resent having to answer the are you with us or against us challenge. And why should they?

Quite simply, because they believe the way they lead their lives answers that question for them. They want to be judged by their deeds and not on their words.

There is something else too. They  suspect that taking the knee is more about showing support for the organisation behind the gesture, than it is about showing respect for people with black skin.They do not want to support BLM, a movement with its roots in America, whose founders have admitted they want to destroy capitalism and defund the police.

They reject the idea that racism is the only legitimate prism to view the world; they don't like to see statues pulled down buildings renamed, heroes shamed and feeling like they should apologise for having a white skin.

They don't like being told - if you are with us you should applaud those who take the knee. If you're not with us, you are a racist. They are pretty good at spotting virtue signalling when they see it, and it makes them very uneasy.

So they don't applaud, and they don't boo; instead they just try to get on with their lives..."

I could not have put it better myself, and these are some of the reasons I am against taking a knee.

Your "harms no one, insults nobody" is your way of trying to paint anybody who doesn't support it in a bad light - just as Mr Humphrys said.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 161
mariner91
June 12, 2021, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Pointless piece as nobody has said "if you are with us you should applaud". It's the booing that people take issue with. Classic Daily Mail tactic, to not give anything like the actual facts/counter argument in order to make a completely irrelevant comparison.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 161
Grimsbynewhope
June 12, 2021, 9:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
I don’t have a problem with anyone who doesn’t believe in talking the knee, just don’t boo people who do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.