Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

This thread currently has 14,024 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
June 12, 2021, 4:51am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
It's not hard to see how this pans out.
England kneel while Croatia don't, boos ring out and the commentators inform us the Croats are being rightfully derided by the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 161
Rick12
June 12, 2021, 7:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Wish some people would have more of a constructive argument with each other .Way to get through to most is with respect/love and open dialogue alongside discipline  . Ive seen this works from my job with youngsters who have had it hard in life.

From having lived in London most of my life you do get pockets of subtle even overt racism sometimes towards black people and other minorities but thats not to say black/Indian people are without flaws. Ive witnessed horrendous bullying / mockery from some sections of these groups as well as white people which has damaged victims enormously. Having said that Ive also met some very nice people from black/Indian/Somalian /English white/Irish travellers etc . Point is there is good and bad in every race/peoples.  Deep down we all need to continue working on ourselves as none is perfect and impose  discipline where others are affected negativity otherwise things will never change.  Bit like football is in many ways .Always room for improvement.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 161
lukeo
June 12, 2021, 7:55am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I love you all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 161
Rick12
June 12, 2021, 8:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from lukeo
I love you all
Good to hear Lukeo  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 161
lew chaterleys lover
June 12, 2021, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium
From elsewhere:

There is no rational argument against taking the knee. It harms no one, insults nothing and does not interfere with the rhythm of the game. The England players work in multicultural dressing-rooms. They understand better than dogwhistling Tory MPs and booing bigots that talent, application and intelligence are not linked in any way to ethnicity or colour. Football grounds should be places that force you to think about your attitude to race. The makeup of the teams should challenge preconceptions.

Unlike the Conservative MPs and their allies. Only a fool could believe the crank theories that they have dredged up to confuse the public. The same goes for the booing supporters, who claim they are protesting against Marxism. They are beyond parody but too many are treating them seriously.

The racists cannot any longer display NF flags and call players despicable names with impunity. They have had to become creative but their warped logic is beyond absurd.

England and the FA cannot back down. You either confront racism or tacitly condone it. The country should be proud of its team and ashamed of some of its elected representatives.

Nice summary.

A much better summary can be found in an article by John Humphreys in today's Daily Mail.

I don't know how to post the article on here, so if anybody could that would be a help so we can compare and contrast.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 161
Grimsbynewhope
June 12, 2021, 1:24pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
Anyone believing they can get an even and balanced view from the daily malice, sorry mail, is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 161
rancido
June 12, 2021, 1:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96

A much better summary can be found in an article by John Humphreys in today's Daily Mail.

I don't know how to post the article on here, so if anybody could that would be a help so we can compare and contrast.

You left yourself wide open there, LCL! The Daily Mail seems to be the most hated newspaper on this site but I read it and don't care what other people on here think. I agree, I read the article and agree with John Humphreys' views on the subject.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 161
Grimsbynewhope
June 12, 2021, 1:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
Personally I tend to avoid any left or right wing newspapers. People who read either or take their news from social media generally have made their mind up before reading, they just want their views confirmed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 161
Humbercod
June 12, 2021, 1:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from rancido

You left yourself wide open there, LCL! The Daily Mail seems to be the most hated newspaper on this site but I read it and don't care what other people on here think. I agree, I read the article and agree with John Humphreys' views on the subject.

I agree! I know Britain’s newspapers are in decline but it’s funny how the worst selling and by a huge margin (the Guardian) begging for donations is the fishy go to for many 🤷‍♂️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 161
lew chaterleys lover
June 12, 2021, 2:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Grimsbynewhope
Anyone believing they can get an even and balanced view from the daily malice, sorry mail, is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I was expecting this kind of hackneyed response which is partly why I put the Daily Mail.

Where did you think Stadium got his oh so neutral take on the matter?! I was evening it up.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 161
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.