Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

This thread currently has 13,953 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
June 10, 2021, 7:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,978
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Yoda
Croatia have announced they will not take the knee, good on them.
I hope they smash our woke losers.
Does anyone know where you can buy a Croatia shirt.?

What are you scared of?

What worries you about a group of people giving a demonstration of their anti-racist views & solidarity with people who continue to suffer daily racism and discrimation?

I have a theory that some white people who grew up in poverty, who didn’t do very well at school, who left with little or no qualifications and have spent their lives moving between poorly paid jobs and being unemployed’s only solace in life was the thought “well at least I’m not black”.

But suddenly the majority of people in the country want everyone to be treated equally and not based purely on the colour of their skin. But that would suddenly leave those sad, bitter white people who have done nothing with their lives and only sense of pride was in “not being black” at the bottom of the ladder.

I’m not suggesting for a moment that you fall into that category, but I am interested why some people are so angry and scared about a diverse group of 26 successful young Englishmen making a stand against racism.

After all if it’s okay for you to spout your opinions on this message board why is it not okay for the England football team to show their opinion on racism and discrimation in this country by taking the knee?

It seems that freedom of speech only matters when you agree with what the other person/people are saying.

I am genuinely interested what makes people so angry and want to boo taking the knee. I am fortunate that I received a very good state education and went to a Grammar School, but other than it shows the person is racist I can’t think of a good reason why people object to taking the knee.

And that question is open to anyone opposed to taking the knee, why are you so angry at the idea of treating people equally?

Oh and I don’t want that pathetic excuse that BLM are all Marxists.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 161
pizzzza
June 10, 2021, 7:14am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
FFS, here we go again. I get that we should not censor debate but please, whether you like it or not, keep all the "taking the knee" stuff on the one thread so the board does not get clogged up with multiple threads on the same subject.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 161
aldi_01
June 10, 2021, 7:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

What are you scared of?

What worries you about a group of people giving a demonstration of their anti-racist views & solidarity with people who continue to suffer daily racism and discrimation?

I have a theory that some white people who grew up in poverty, who didn’t do very well at school, who left with little or no qualifications and have spent their lives moving between poorly paid jobs and being unemployed’s only solace in life was the thought “well at least I’m not black”.

But suddenly the majority of people in the country want everyone to be treated equally and not based purely on the colour of their skin. But that would suddenly leave those sad, bitter white people who have done nothing with their lives and only sense of pride was in “not being black” at the bottom of the ladder.

I’m not suggesting for a moment that you fall into that category, but I am interested why some people are so angry and scared about a diverse group of 26 successful young Englishmen making a stand against racism.

After all if it’s okay for you to spout your opinions on this message board why is it not okay for the England football team to show their opinion on racism and discrimation in this country by taking the knee?

It seems that freedom of speech only matters when you agree with what the other person/people are saying.

I am genuinely interested what makes people so angry and want to boo taking the knee. I am fortunate that I received a very good state education and went to a Grammar School, but other than it shows the person is racist I can’t think of a good reason why people object to taking the knee.

And that question is open to anyone opposed to taking the knee, why are you so angry at the idea of treating people equally?

Nail and head…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 161
GrimRob
June 10, 2021, 7:59am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
I've never been a fan of singing allegiance to the UK monarch at the start of England games but it's never stopped me supporting England.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 161
TAGG
June 10, 2021, 8:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
FFS not again.
Could we move this thread to please.
Enough is enough.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 161
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 10, 2021, 8:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from TAGG
FFS not again.
Could we move this thread to please.
Enough is enough.

To please who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 161
supertown
June 10, 2021, 8:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Just to clarify, I don’t care what colour people are I just think taking the knee is problematic,controversial and unnecessary. Achieved nothing but further problems
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 161
aldi_01
June 10, 2021, 8:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GrimRob
I've never been a fan of singing allegiance to the UK monarch at the start of England games but it's never stopped me supporting England.

Always been part of my argument…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 161
golfer
June 10, 2021, 8:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
I'm not one little bit racist but it's being rammed down our throats - nearly everytime you turn the TV on there is a non-white facing you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 161
Mayaman
June 10, 2021, 9:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,393
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from GollyGTFC

What are you scared of?

Good post but you might want to change some of your wording so that the people you talk about can actually understand it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 161
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Croatia refuse to take the knee in Euro’s

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.