Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town appeal against relegation
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 286 Guests

Grimsby Town appeal against relegation

This thread currently has 29,722 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
goldenfish
May 7, 2021, 9:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +212
Gold Stars: 16
...Both new  and old owners ,all  failed to mention an appeal is in place  , think it should have been declared. Makes us look daft .. wouldn’t back the appeal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 171
promotion plaice
May 7, 2021, 9:07am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

Why not, I think we have a case.

We should just show them a picture of our old manager (Holloway) and they'll probably promote us to the Championship out of sympathy.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 171
Tommy
May 7, 2021, 9:25am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I'd imagine this is the reason Philip Day is hanging around. His legal background and the fact that he's probably been leading on this up to now.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 171
Hagrid
May 7, 2021, 9:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
whilst we maybe have a case, its cluching at straws

We went down as deserved. Would i be grateful if a repireve was granted? of course, but we are where we are by our own decisions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 171
Marinerdeano
May 7, 2021, 9:54am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Promote, don't relegate. 26 team league 2 for one season and 21 team conference to start their season later given that it extends into June this season. Can't see it but...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 171
MarshMariner
May 7, 2021, 9:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
I have been expecting this for months, I suspect the new owners have done some due-diligence, and taken legal advice, which I would personally expect them to do in the interests of the club.  If nothing else some light needs to be shined on the whole National League scandal, and lets be honest there has been no comment from the EFL to date, which I think shows a complete lack of leadership from them.  This will at least force a conversation.

Prior to this, the club clearly wouldn't have acknowledged this in public, as it doesn't show much confidence in the Team and the Manager.

Ultimately we have been terrible this year as a football club, but there are wider considerations around the league we are to be relegated into, which appears to be as badly administered as how our club has been.  You could say a perfect match... However its the fans that suffer as we know.

There was no detail in the newspaper article, however I would envisage, there will be an angle to this, more then it is "simply unfair".  Glad to see we are taking the lead on something that is important and asking relevant questions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 171
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2021, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quite right too. The EFL should have stepped in the minute relegation was scrapped from the NL which has made a mockery of that league this year. Surely the EFL has a duty of care to its members?

They should find a clever way of promoting the NL teams whilst at the same time not relegating teams from the EFL till we get normality back.

Can't we have two extra teams in league 2 next season, then have 3 down in subsequent seasons till it rebalances?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 171
Grimsbynewhope
May 7, 2021, 10:24am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 1
As much as I would love us to retain our place in the league it all feels wrong, we were one of the two worst clubs in the division and if we hadn’t been in the bottom two and any other had been trying this I think we would be complaining it’s not right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 171
pen penfras
May 7, 2021, 10:32am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
It's a bit of double edged sword.

NL wants promotion without relegation. They announced this without FA approval, which is something that is needed.

EFL says if you're not having relegation, then why should we. How can the FA approve it for you but not for us.

But then L2 wants promotion without relegation, which is the same thing they're saying NL shouldn't have. I guess the big difference is that L2 and L1 are both part of the same organisation.

I think the EFL guidelines of not relegating teams without a guaranteed league to play in is the more realistic path. If Covid has another wave and fans aren't allowed in, there's no money and more teams will be unable to play, hence we don't have a guaranteed league to play in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 171
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2021, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Grimsbynewhope
As much as I would love us to retain our place in the league it all feels wrong, we were one of the two worst clubs in the division and if we hadn’t been in the bottom two and any other had been trying this I think we would be complaining it’s not right.

Nobody is doubting we deserve to go down on the pitch, but this is about the league below changing their rules halfway through the season and making their season a mockery. Clubs should not be taking our place in the EFL that have achieved promotion by playing teams who did not give a hoot if they won or lost because they could not be relegated.

It will no doubt be rejected,  but a huge stink should have been made as soon as the NL stopped relegation.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town appeal against relegation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.