Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Jesus Christ

This thread currently has 17,450 views. Print
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
February 22, 2021, 12:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

Up to a point I agree, but then you have private practice a paid for service which goes directly to the consultant. Also it is finding it harder to get a NHS dentist but private dental health care is easy  obtainable.

So any private practitioner is doing it solely for greed and not, perhaps, because they disagree with the system in which they would be forced to work under for the NHS?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 364
Rick12
February 22, 2021, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Sandford1981

Carl Rogers did more than employ techniques. His existence and work  was entirely based upon and dedicated to his beliefs. Incidentally he was a very spiritual person too and combined different religious philosophies alongside more empirically testable psychological principles.
Person centred counselling is based upon a holistic approach that looks well beyond the presenting symptoms and treats a person as a whole rather than 1 aspect of them.
Yes valid points. I note as well that Carl Rodgers was once an atheist but then became agnostic so credit to him. All Iam saying is warmth of  soul goes a long way to healing people and if health professionals have some sort of belief in the divine they take it up a notch.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 364
ginnywings
February 22, 2021, 1:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Wow! The God delusion is strong.

I'm out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 364
Sandford1981
February 22, 2021, 1:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Rick12
Yes valid points. I note as well that Carl Rodgers was once a atheist but then became agnostic so credit to him. All Iam saying is warmth of  soul goes a long way to healing people and if health professionals have some sort of belief in the divine they take it up a notch.

I studied Carl Rogers and person centred counselling for 2 years at university. Hence my indignation that somehow a psychologist and counsellor cannot be spiritual too. Rogers was all of those things. There are a great many parallels between his counselling philosophy and religious principles from different persuasions too.

Most of the counsellors I have worked with, been taught by or have encountered have very deep spirituality. Most combine several different strands of counselling and psychology to most effectively treat their clients. A high majority of them also get paid to do their work which allows them to provide for themselves and their families alongside carrying out free work for charities and organisations.

Does counselling work for some?
Definitely.
Does it work for all?
Definitely not.

In this sense then, it is very similar to religion and religious spirituality.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 364
DB
February 22, 2021, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Les Brechin

Ooops, I might have put this on the wrong thread.  

You could always post  'What a friend we have in Jesus'

Just a thought

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 364
DB
February 22, 2021, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

So any private practitioner is doing it solely for greed and not, perhaps, because they disagree with the system in which they would be forced to work under for the NHS?

I never said or insinuated that. I was merely making an observation from your earlier post.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 364
Les Brechin
February 22, 2021, 1:32pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,716
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from DB

You could always post  'What a friend we have in Jesus'

Just a thought

Well he's never bought me a bloody pint!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 364
mariner91
February 22, 2021, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from DB

I never said or insinuated that. I was merely making an observation from your earlier post.

Then what point do you think you were trying to make? Private practice doesn’t go directly to the consultant or clinician either, it’s insanely ignorant to think that. You said it’s easier to find a private dentist than an NHS one when challenged that healthcare workers don’t do it solely for the money, are you suggesting that this is evidence that they only do their job because they want cash?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 364
Sandford1981
February 22, 2021, 1:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Les Brechin

Ooops, I might have put this on the wrong thread.  

Not seen this previously. Brilliant Les!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 364
DB
February 22, 2021, 2:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Then what point do you think you were trying to make? Private practice doesn’t go directly to the consultant or clinician either, it’s insanely ignorant to think that. You said it’s easier to find a private dentist than an NHS one when challenged that healthcare workers don’t do it solely for the money, are you suggesting that this is evidence that they only do their job because they want cash?

I know of a dental case where a person was charged about £250 NHS. Same practise, same dentist and same dental work done privately was listed at about £1,700? So what was the extra £1,350 being charged for?

Mariner as much as I respect your views I opened this thread to be about Jesus Christ. We seem to have diversified massively from it so I will not be answering any more of your questions on this thread on the NHS etc. If you wish to open your own thread on your topic then I will willingly discuss it their.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 364
37 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jesus Christ

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.