Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 384,879 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
May 28, 2020, 10:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from barralad

I am by no means a fan of the SNP and certainly not Ian Blackford but the bloke had to stay behind in London due to Parliamentary business outstanding. It wasn't for three days. Then he went home to Skye ensuring that he isolated from his family when he got there because of the prevalence of Covid in London. Every M.P. in the country returned home. What was he supposed to have done in your view?
As for Kinnock and the other fella not bothered if they throw the book at them..

He (Blackford) did the common sense thing then.

So did Cummings when looking for child care for his 4 year old, especially when faced with a media scrum outside his house day and night.
Private Message
Reply: 2700 - 3468
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 28, 2020, 11:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555

He (Blackford) did the common sense thing then.

So did Cummings when looking for child care for his 4 year old, especially when faced with a media scrum outside his house day and night.

There was no media scrum outside of Cummings’ house on 27 March. Most people were observing the lockdown due to almost 800 hospital C-19 related deaths on that date. It was nearing the peak of the pandemic in London. Most sensible people were indoors observing the government guidance.

His wife was feeling ill yet had no C-19 symptoms. Cummings returned home to check on Mrs Wakefield and then headed back into work the same day, seemingly unconcerned his wife and himself might have C-19. Cummings then got home after a hard day at the coal face and bundled his 4 y/o son and ‘ill’ wife into a Discovery for a 5 hour trek up the A1 just to go to his Mother’s birthday party.

Then Cummings and Wakefield concocted a series of lies and fiction to try to cover it up.

Indefensible.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2701 - 3468
lew chaterleys lover
May 28, 2020, 11:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237

There was no media scrum outside of Cummings’ house on 27 March. Most people were observing the lockdown due to almost 800 hospital C-19 related deaths on that date. It was nearing the peak of the pandemic in London. Most sensible people were indoors observing the government guidance.

His wife was feeling ill yet had no C-19 symptoms. Cummings returned home to check on Mrs Wakefield and then headed back into work the same day, seemingly unconcerned his wife and himself might have C-19. Cummings then got home after a hard day at the coal face and bundled his 4 y/o son and ‘ill’ wife into a Discovery for a 5 hour trek up the A1 just to go to his Mother’s birthday party.

Indefensible.

To be fair I think you know more about what the Cummings family did and didn't do than the Cummings family themselves.

He did what he thought best at the time, and you are just summising the rest. He has not been hounded out thank goodness, but there are reports that he will quit at the end of the Brexit transition period which makes sense. I take my hat off to him to standing up to the vilification he has received over Brexit and taking a car journey.
Private Message
Reply: 2702 - 3468
promotion plaice
May 28, 2020, 11:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

As I suspected it eventually would, political points scoring has now taken over in this tragic pandemic, shame.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2703 - 3468
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 28, 2020, 11:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555

To be fair I think you know more about what the Cummings family did and didn't do than the Cummings family themselves.

He did what he thought best at the time, and you are just summising the rest. He has not been hounded out thank goodness, but there are reports that he will quit at the end of the Brexit transition period which makes sense. I take my hat off to him to standing up to the vilification he has received over Brexit and taking a car journey.

I am not surmising. My post was based on his version of the events. I agree it sounds so implausible that it makes no sense whatsoever.

Why on earth would you take an ill wife (who Cummings had diagnosed as having C19 despite not showing the two main symptoms) and a 4 year old on a 5 hour car journey, apparently without stopping for fuel, toilet breaks and rests (bear in mind he drove up at the end of a long and stressful day at work and didn’t arrive in Durham until midnight-ish).

Nobody else in the country would have done that.

It is a pack of lies.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2704 - 3468
Boris Johnson
May 29, 2020, 4:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4

I am not surmising. My post was based on his version of the events. I agree it sounds so implausible that it makes no sense whatsoever.

Why on earth would you take an ill wife (who Cummings had diagnosed as having C19 despite not showing the two main symptoms) and a 4 year old on a 5 hour car journey, apparently without stopping for fuel, toilet breaks and rests (bear in mind he drove up at the end of a long and stressful day at work and didn’t arrive in Durham until midnight-ish).

Nobody else in the country would have done that.

It is a pack of lies.

who flipping cares, intercourse off and be judge and jury somewhere else you boring little illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2705 - 3468
aldi_01
May 29, 2020, 7:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
This thread is comedy gold...people sharing facts and being called boring or liars. Politicians who’ve blatantly lied to the public being defended in the name of queen and country and blind nationalism.

Conservative leaning people hating on the the government, conservatives finding it impossible not to stick up for a government they can see is making fools of themselves but imposing the mantra of ‘must not criticise’.

We’ve got people desperately trying to remove the politics from a highly political situation.

You’ve got the odd chap using nonsense, meaningless barbs like ‘loony lefty’ and then every now and again there’s just some random retort like the one above because they can see their argument is weak. They’ve given up or they just don’t know.

What a time to be alive.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2706 - 3468
codcheeky
May 29, 2020, 7:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from aldi_01
This thread is comedy gold...people sharing facts and being called boring or liars. Politicians who’ve blatantly lied to the public being defended in the name of queen and country and blind nationalism.

Conservative leaning people hating on the the government, conservatives finding it impossible not to stick up for a government they can see is making fools of themselves but imposing the mantra of ‘must not criticise’.

We’ve got people desperately trying to remove the politics from a highly political situation.

You’ve got the odd chap using nonsense, meaningless barbs like ‘loony lefty’ and then every now and again there’s just some random retort like the one above because they can see their argument is weak. They’ve given up or they just don’t know.

What a time to be alive.

We also have the Prime Minister refusing to let the chief medical officers answer questions on Cummings actions for fear they may tell the truth about the damage he has done to public trust
Private Message
Reply: 2707 - 3468
aldi_01
May 29, 2020, 8:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Forgot that...how could I forget the scientists...those pesky fornicators and their evidence and research and facts...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2708 - 3468
codcheeky
May 29, 2020, 8:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,262
Gold Stars: 31
South Korea have just closed 200 schools again because they have 79 new cases nationwide, we had over 2000 new cases yesterday alone and that is only confirmed cases, this rush to pretend everything is nearly ok is not going to end well, new announcements and a rush to introduce a track and trace system that is clearly nowhere near ready to try and remove the Cummings affair from the news is madness. Many on here just seem to want to believe anything that comes from a blue tongue, we have failed, failed and are failing again to do what is best.
Private Message
Reply: 2709 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.