Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Coronavirus

This thread currently has 383,956 views. Print
347 Pages Prev ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
June 4, 2020, 10:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,631
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Meza

2 A - This is because most warehouses didn't have proper systems in place and operating from an excel spreadsheet (seen it first hand) but you know Boris will get blamed for that the stock in the warehouse was a travesty but we are slowly sorting that out.

5 A - was in Gloucester working onsite, when the covid 19 occurred by the time it was affecting people it was too late to cancel the festival.

A lot on that list is hindsight.  Yes we probably could have done better and so many people EXPECT us to be the leading country but I don't think Boris should be blamed for responsible adults not following the rules (and I don't have a problem, with DC travelling to his mums).

I@ll accept that the failure to prepare was probably more May and Cameron's fault - fundamentally the Conservatives didn't follow through on their own 2016 Exercise Cygnus. But the idea that events like Cheltenham couldn't have been cancelled is barmy. I'm so glad that Mikel Arteta caught Covid. If he hadn't we'd probably had another weekend of football fixtures which would have been disastrous and this is on Boris. He was told that cancelling mass events would have impact on lowering the spread of the disease, but he chose to ignore it.

A lot of this list isn't hindsight, it's genuine incompetence (see carehomes) or a failure to be on top his brief (see shaking hands). I suspect I knew more about the threat of the disease in late February than he did. I mean he couldn't even pronounce Coronavirus at the end of February in his speech on "opening up Britain".

The Dominic Cummings incident was even more ridiculous. He could have kept his man and not undermined the public health strategy. There needed to be an apology, an explanation of extenuating circumstances and Cummings given a warning. Instead because they were too arrogant to hold their hands up and admit an error led to the destruction of their public health message. What type of incompetent fools allow that too happen?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2800 - 3468
Meza
June 4, 2020, 12:34pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from codcheeky

This post sums up your ignorance, we have passed scruffy Italy with flying colours and still have no grip on the virus, if you cannot see Boris and his advisers have failed or don’t want to it’s up to you but the cold facts speak for themselves, couldn’t cancel Cheltenham? Seriously

Really, well when I went it was scruffy (fact) im not saying the Italians themselves are scruffy just the places I visited.   Anyway my opinion is the virus takes those with weak immune systems, I've know many fit people who have nearly died from covid and some that are a health risk (obese) and only had minor symptoms or didn't even know they had it.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2801 - 3468
Meza
June 4, 2020, 12:41pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from horsforthmariner

I@ll accept that the failure to prepare was probably more May and Cameron's fault - fundamentally the Conservatives didn't follow through on their own 2016 Exercise Cygnus. But the idea that events like Cheltenham couldn't have been cancelled is barmy. I'm so glad that Mikel Arteta caught Covid. If he hadn't we'd probably had another weekend of football fixtures which would have been disastrous and this is on Boris. He was told that cancelling mass events would have impact on lowering the spread of the disease, but he chose to ignore it.

A lot of this list isn't hindsight, it's genuine incompetence (see carehomes) or a failure to be on top his brief (see shaking hands). I suspect I knew more about the threat of the disease in late February than he did. I mean he couldn't even pronounce Coronavirus at the end of February in his speech on "opening up Britain".

The Dominic Cummings incident was even more ridiculous. He could have kept his man and not undermined the public health strategy. There needed to be an apology, an explanation of extenuating circumstances and Cummings given a warning. Instead because they were too arrogant to hold their hands up and admit an error led to the destruction of their public health message. What type of incompetent fools allow that too happen?

Yeah whichever way you look at it, I agree some haven't been handled very well.  and im still in shock that the NHS are still using excel spreadsheets this is 21st century.  This shows whats wrong with the NHS to me, I've said to the Mrs (ACP practioner) that I believe companies that have the skillsets in specific areas should be assisting the NHS more like the company I work for we are assisting the London ambulance service installing computers, wifi, getting a warehouse up and running FOC and not just a building with stock.  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2802 - 3468
Squinter
June 4, 2020, 12:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Meza

2 A - This is because most warehouses didn't have proper systems in place and operating from an excel spreadsheet (seen it first hand) but you know Boris will get blamed for that the stock in the warehouse was a travesty but we are slowly sorting that out.

5 A - was in Gloucester working onsite, when the covid 19 occurred by the time it was affecting people it was too late to cancel the festival.

A lot on that list is hindsight.  Yes we probably could have done better and so many people EXPECT us to be the leading country but I don't think Boris should be blamed for responsible adults not following the rules (and I don't have a problem, with DC travelling to his mums).

I don't buy into this "hindsight" at all.  Boris had the knowledge of what was happening in Italy and Spain to see exactly what was going to happen in the UK, yet he did NOTHING at all about it.  Its no coincidence that Tewksbury has one of the highest infection rates in the country after Cheltenham.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2803 - 3468
Limerick Mariner
June 4, 2020, 2:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Squinter

I don't buy into this "hindsight" at all.  Boris had the knowledge of what was happening in Italy and Spain to see exactly what was going to happen in the UK, yet he did NOTHING at all about it.  Its no coincidence that Tewksbury has one of the highest infection rates in the country after Cheltenham.  

The Johnson Cummings plan is closing in on total UK WW2 civilian deaths at 67,500 - already well past the 1940-41 Blitz numbers - some achievement...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2804 - 3468
forza ivano
June 4, 2020, 5:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,184
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Squinter

Good point.much was made at the time of our 3 to 4 week advantage we had over Italy.The trouble was we did diddly squat during that period.

One other thing that I hadn't fully appreciated till last night.It all coincided with us leaving the E.U. on 31 January.very noticeable gungho speeches on us going it alone, Britain is best etc etc and lo and behold we decide to take our own individual course, almost like the virus would only affect Johnny foreigner, and here was our opportunity to show Britain is Best, and we don't take any lead or advice from those inferior Europeans. summer up by sunak promising in the Budget speech that the u.k. would have a world leading response to Covid .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2805 - 3468
aldi_01
June 4, 2020, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
There’s two, may be three types of people during all this...

Those that can see the failure of previous Tory governments to prepare and the sheer arrogance, cluelessness and completely flipping atrocious response to the whole coronavirus issue from the current ruling party has seen such a high death rate...

They are seemingly those that literally refuse to look at it pragmatically and sensibly, choosing to believe the nonsense bluster from an incompetent leader, choosing instead to adopt a nonsensical nationalistic view that we know best and keep calm and carry on balderdash...whilst choosing to bang a pan in celebration of a health service that has been chronically underfunded by a series of governments and completely mismanaged...

There are also those that just don’t give a a excrement either way and are currently sat in a queue for chicken nuggets and are just waiting for it all to blow over and just don’t enter debate.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2806 - 3468
thefish
June 4, 2020, 8:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from aldi_01
There’s two, may be three types of people during all this...

Those that can see the failure of previous Tory governments to prepare and the sheer arrogance, cluelessness and completely flipping atrocious response to the whole coronavirus issue from the current ruling party has seen such a high death rate...

They are seemingly those that literally refuse to look at it pragmatically and sensibly, choosing to believe the nonsense bluster from an incompetent leader, choosing instead to adopt a nonsensical nationalistic view that we know best and keep calm and carry on balderdash...whilst choosing to bang a pan in celebration of a health service that has been chronically underfunded by a series of governments and completely mismanaged...

There are also those that just don’t give a a excrement either way and are currently sat in a queue for chicken nuggets and are just waiting for it all to blow over and just don’t enter debate.

So... would you like a box of six or a full dozen sir?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2807 - 3468
aldi_01
June 4, 2020, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from thefish

So... would you like a box of six or a full dozen sir?

6? After this long I want to share boxes of twenty please kind sir...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2808 - 3468
Limerick Mariner
June 4, 2020, 10:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Any road up never mind Johnson and Cummings - Fenty - when are you going to the GTFC face masks out...no new stadium yet no face masks...sack the Board.

I've seen these...https://www.saracens.com/saracens-face-coverings/...from a cheating relegated rugby club but look well designed. And on ebay you can buy one of these...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADU.....8:g:t7gAAOSwNG5e2P6X nice that we get a mention before St Mirren and Notts County don't figure...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2809 - 3468
347 Pages Prev ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Coronavirus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.