Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 168 Guests

Town are above Scunny in the League

This thread currently has 82,713 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
December 22, 2019, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Stevie Cammack
My memory is long enough to remember 15 years of league dominance.  I am merely stating this fact, sorry if it upsets you.  

Oh what fun it is to see The Iron win away, hey!

Adults can generally recall events from 3–4 years old, and have primarily experiential memories beginning around 4.7 years old.

So on that theory you are about 18 or 19 which would explain why you don't even know that Scumthorpe owe their league status to us, we voted you into the league you never earned the right to play in the football league, that is a sad fact for you, sad face.

I'd like you to come back with some facts, since we got you into the league how many seasons have Scumthorpe finished above Grimsby, how many seasons have the scunts spent in what is the Championship compared to Town. I won't hold my breath.

Who is going to fund the Scunts when Mrs Wilkinson is fed up of her husband wasting her money.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 260 - 452
Stevie Cammack
December 22, 2019, 6:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
I know its 15 years since you finished above us.  I can't be bothered to research the points you make - When I started following the Iron in 87, we were the poor relations.  And now, we are not.  Its not a blip.  

Its not got much to do with Wilko's / Swanny, Steve Wharton had us sailing nicely along prior to their arrival.  Still, if you want to paint us as some Oil-money type nkotb, crack on if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for keeping this trending as instructed.  

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 261 - 452
MuddyWaters
December 22, 2019, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Can’t someone shut this showerofshite up?
Private Message
Reply: 262 - 452
Stadium
December 22, 2019, 6:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Can’t someone shut this showerofshite up?

Not if you keep replying to him.
It's not exactly rocket science is it??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 263 - 452
Northbank Mariner
December 22, 2019, 6:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Time for the mods to step in....we all accept constructive criticism of our club,  which at present we thoroughly deserve, but it's been getting personal...from both us and the the other person from down the A180..time to call it evens....oh, and just before I go, look at the header on GET live for the mariners...."the most successful club in Lincolnshire",...a fact that cannot be argued with...I leave it there..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 264 - 452
Stevie Cammack
December 22, 2019, 6:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from paramariner
Think you're right Stevie,  the strike was a great finish, he was the difference between the team's. I disagree that we " might have won 1-0 if we had him, I think you would have been well beaten but hey ho.  Also surprised he's at a small club and could perform at a higher level.  However, the man has no class at all as a person. He came off the pitch and though I hadn't said a word to him, shouted in my face "your team is excrement". Even you as an Iron supporter should find that unprofessional.

I'm sure all he heard prior to giving a bit back was 'jolly well played Kevin'.   .  I'd wager a quid to a pinch of dust he got more than he gave yesterday.

I never have a problem with players giving it some back - Billy Sharp got some stick from some clowns when he came back to Scunny with Donny - the same clowns were than up in arms when he gave them some after planting an inevitable winner in the onion bag.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 265 - 452
Stevie Cammack
December 22, 2019, 6:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Time for the mods to step in....we all accept constructive criticism of our club,  which at present we thoroughly deserve, but it's been getting personal...from both us and the the other person from down the A180..time to call it evens....oh, and just before I go, look at the header on GET live for the mariners...."the most successful club in Lincolnshire",...a fact that cannot be argued with...I leave it there..

Time for the mods to step in - quite right, some block capitals are about to break out here if we don't watch it.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 266 - 452
HertsGTFC
December 22, 2019, 6:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Stevie Cammack
I know its 15 years since you finished above us.  I can't be bothered to research the points you make - When I started following the Iron in 87, we were the poor relations.  And now, we are not.  Its not a blip.  

Its not got much to do with Wilko's / Swanny, Steve Wharton had us sailing nicely along prior to their arrival.  Still, if you want to paint us as some Oil-money type nkotb, crack on if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for keeping this trending as instructed.  

We actually have quite a lot in common you’ve spent a lot of money and are in the 4th Division we’ve spent nothing and are in the 4th Division,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 267 - 452
Stadium
December 22, 2019, 6:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Quite embarrassing asking the moderator to close this down.
I'd have at look at the site rules here https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1377632884/ & maybe reflect on those.
Seems like you want the" banter" to be one way only??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 268 - 452
Stevie Cammack
December 22, 2019, 7:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

We actually have quite a lot in common you’ve spent a lot of money and are in the 4th Division we’ve spent nothing and are in the 4th Division,

Fair one.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 269 - 452
46 Pages Prev ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.