Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 274 Guests

Town are above Scunny in the League

This thread currently has 82,658 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
December 22, 2019, 7:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from paramariner
Think you're right Stevie,  the strike was a great finish, he was the difference between the team's. I disagree that we " might have won 1-0 if we had him, I think you would have been well beaten but hey ho.  Also surprised he's at a small club and could perform at a higher level.  However, the man has no class at all as a person. He came off the pitch and though I hadn't said a word to him, shouted in my face "your team is excrement". Even you as an Iron supporter should find that unprofessional.

And do you think home supporters wouldn't have give him or scunny dogs abuse if town had won??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 452
Northbank Mariner
December 22, 2019, 7:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Stadium

Quite embarrassing asking the moderator to close this down.
I'd have at look at the site rules here https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1377632884/ & maybe reflect on those.
Seems like you want the" banter" to be one way only??

I've no issue with banter stadium but when personal insults are thrown in it's not appropriate....I've been guilty of it, I'll put my hand up to that...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 452
Stevie Cammack
December 22, 2019, 7:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I've no issue with banter stadium but when personal insults are thrown in it's not appropriate....I've been guilty of it, I'll put my hand up to that...

I reckon its you and only you actually Steffi.  Bit rich to then go crying to teacher about it......

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 452
HertsGTFC
December 22, 2019, 7:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,877
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Stevie Cammack

I'm sure all he heard prior to giving a bit back was 'jolly well played Kevin'.   .  I'd wager a quid to a pinch of dust he got more than he gave yesterday.

I never have a problem with players giving it some back - Billy Sharp got some stick from some clowns when he came back to Scunny with Donny - the same clowns were than up in arms when he gave them some after planting an inevitable winner in the onion bag.  

Listening  between the lines to Hurst on RH last night I’d suggest Von Veen would be looking for a move if he gets to 20 goals this term. He’s clearly half decent but if reports are to be believed high maintenance like Hamill and the other kid who’s sat rotting in the EFL Trophy squad, I guess that’s what you get when you overpay reasonable lower league players to stay plying their trade in crummy backwaters.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 452
Stevie Cammack
December 22, 2019, 7:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Listening  between the lines to Hurst on RH last night I’d suggest Von Veen would be looking for a move if he gets to 20 goals this term. He’s clearly half decent but if reports are to be believed high maintenance like Hamill and the other kid who’s sat rotting in the EFL Trophy squad, I guess that’s what you get when you overpay reasonable lower league players to stay plying their trade in crummy backwaters.

Aye Kev will be on his way soon enough.  Not exactly a 'Team' man from what I understand.

If only you could attract someone to notch once in a blue moon to your own "crummy backwater", eh Hertsy Baby?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 452
Stadium
December 22, 2019, 7:26pm
Champagne Drinker

Just move on then & don't request the moderator to be involved for no reason.
If they thought abuse had been given you would have received a warning.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 452
Northbank Mariner
December 22, 2019, 7:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Stadium

Just move on then & don't request the moderator to be involved for no reason.
If they thought abuse had been given you would have received a warning.

Is that fence giving your ar$e splinters,??...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 452
Stadium
December 22, 2019, 7:31pm
Champagne Drinker

Is that fence giving your ar$e splinters,??...

Sometimes you just cant help some people.........

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 452
Stevie Cammack
December 22, 2019, 7:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
You are the gift that keeps on giving Northbank "The names Steve" Mariner.  

From "I'll go face to face with you" iPads-at-Dawn Keyboard Warrior, to "Mods lock up this nasty thread" snowflake cry-baby.  

Was that you after Kevs goal from the Smiths?  'Hold me back Stewards'!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 452
Marinerz93
December 23, 2019, 2:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Stevie Cammack
I know its 15 years since you finished above us.  I can't be bothered to research the points you make - When I started following the Iron in 87, we were the poor relations.  And now, we are not.  Its not a blip.  

Its not got much to do with Wilko's / Swanny, Steve Wharton had us sailing nicely along prior to their arrival.  Still, if you want to paint us as some Oil-money type nkotb, crack on if it makes you feel better.

Thanks for keeping this trending as instructed.  

I don't need to do anything to make me feel better as I feel great, I don't feel sad or lonely enough to go on a rivals board touting for friends, unlike you sad sacks. So sad you don't even see what is right in front of you.

A bit rich then Scunt, quoting facts that only portray you in a good light rather than the truth, we've only dropped like a stone since the current board have held onto the club like a limpet, other than that Scumthorpe was were players and managers we either didn't want or they needed game time went, Scunthorpe has always been the grave yard of Lincs, the place even stinks like rotting corpses.

There's no oil money, but to make out you are operating within your means is ridiculous, the minute Swanny and uncle Steve call it a day you are fcuked. Stick your head between your legs and kiss your bottom goodbye.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 452
46 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.