Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 276 Guests

Town are above Scunny in the League

This thread currently has 82,657 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
January 4, 2020, 5:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Time for a quick bump. Two points behind , two games in hand and a better goal difference.  Claret and blue wizards looking at a black and white sports car approaching in the rear view mirrors at high speed.

Not sure about the  better goal difference but yeah.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 452
lukeo
January 4, 2020, 6:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,317
Gold Stars: 140
move out of the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 452
promotion plaice
January 4, 2020, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I see another "Hurst out" thread has surfaced on the Scunny forum, a couple of posts from it...

"We’ve missed our chance – Hurst should have been gone weeks ago and we should have Holloway here rather than him been at the Cods, at least he would have injected some passion into the place.

If anyone listened too him on Hullberside after the Cods game he was absolutely gushing with pride. However I fear he would not have fitted the
mould here and conflicted with the hierarchy."

and

"According to Mr Swann Mr Hurst is going nowhere, as a result the gates will go nowhere added to the fact with more over complication our league position will do much the same.

Listen to Ian Holloway – energetic, enthusiastic, passionate
Listen to Paul Hurst – he makes Jeremy Corbyn look a born leader !"

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 452
Northbank Mariner
January 4, 2020, 9:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from promotion plaice

I see another "Hurst out" thread has surfaced on the Scunny forum, a couple of posts from it...

"We’ve missed our chance – Hurst should have been gone weeks ago and we should have Holloway here rather than him been at the Cods, at least he would have injected some passion into the place.

If anyone listened too him on Hullberside after the Cods game he was absolutely gushing with pride. However I fear he would not have fitted the

and

"According to Mr Swann Mr Hurst is going nowhere, as a result the gates will go nowhere added to the fact with more over complication our league position will do much the same.

Bet Stevie Cammack didn't compose those lines!!😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 452
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2020, 9:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Natural order is resuming and quickly , roll on our takeover of the tin shed 👊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 452
Poojah
January 4, 2020, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499

and

I’m not one to judge managers on their post-match interviews - Buckley’s were usually terrible but the football was alright. However, it was hard not to notice the difference in style, outlook and approach when Holloway followed Hurst this evening.

Hurst was, as ever, in some no man’s land between grey and beige whilst Holloway was positively psychedelic in comparison, darting off on random tangents and just generally full of enthusiasm.

Incidentally, it occurred to me while listening to the post-match interview that Marcus Bignot played much of his career under Holloway (he signed him twice, in fact). It seems really obvious now that his attempted persona was just a really poor impression of the man himself.

This may yet work out horribly, who knows, but Ian Holloway is nothing if not unique. Accept no imitations.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 452
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2020, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227

and

I love the way the deluded f***rs think it’s their divine right to have a manager with real pedigree who engages positively with everyone he comes across and has ambition to take everyone involved with his club forward ....... and is willing to spend some of his own money ......... just like the bloke in charge down the road at GTFC 😂😂😂😂😂

They’re all bell choppers !!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 452
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 10:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Scunthorpe don't have the history -Bill Shanklys boot room et al, the pedigree, the partisan support to make a true football man be swept away and instantly fall in love with them.

Think Cammack will be hiding under a rock for a while 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 452
denni266
January 4, 2020, 10:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Was on way home when Hurst came on the radio. I am suprised my radio never turned its self off he is so drab and boring . lots of words and nothing said
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 452
Rik e B
January 4, 2020, 10:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from Poojah

Buckley’s.....the football was alright. .

Alright?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 452
46 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.