Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 37 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,215 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 19, 2019, 8:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from rancido
[/b]

What's stopping you contacting some " budding journalist " ?

I don't know any budding journalist hence my post on here, my post highlights the fact I don't know any budding journalist otherwise I would have contacted them and no need to post what I said about a budding journalist, I know someone on here interviewed Fenty when he was sat on his pool table so thought maybe that chap would pick up on it, I can't remember who it was, maybe you remember who that was if not, I guess you can consider your question answered.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 940 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2019, 8:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

Delete my post(s) if you wish Rob after all no fornicator will believe it isn't down to John Fenty anyway, everyone wants it to be his fault for holding things up

Funny that, because i always thought if you acted like a cok o' the walk, fell out with everyone, and tried to bully people into not saying anything critical about you, you would be very popular and everyone would trust you. Imagine.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 941 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2019, 8:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235

This is beyond farcical.

Were any checks carried out before Fenty took charge, and what did they show? That he had enough money for the purchase I presume?

A lot of good that did.

What followed was the worst period in our history,six years in non-league with a trip to Guisley as the highlight, chronic lack of investment and PR disaster heaped upon PR disaster.

Thank God for those checks to ensure the clubs future is assured in the "short to medium term".

That’s the thing though. JF has had his time, he’s had his fun and, as I stated in my deleted post, he’s squeezed the life out of the the club. Without the unbelievable loyalty of the fans, God knows where we would be.
Private Message
Reply: 942 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2019, 9:03pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Shutes was never called a "tyrekicker" by JF. I have removed any post suggesting that this was ever the case. If someone can provide a link showing that he did indeed say or write this then I will put them back.

If someone complains about a post (and yes they have) and we think they have a case to answer then we will remove it. Removing these posts is not quashing "freedom of speech". You can express opinions but can't present facts that are not proven.

Did he not refer to tyre kickers in his last interview about the takeover bid?

Disclaimer: The above question is a question, and is most definitely not a statement purporting to be fact from anyone who might be in the know, or a bloke down the pub, whether or not such an alleged conversation with person or persons or bloke down the pub known to the poster, real or imagined, whether or not such alleged fact was later discovered to be a fact or not except insofar as such an alleged or real fact was already in the public domain at the time the said statement of claimed fact was made.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 943 - 1162
Ipswin
August 19, 2019, 9:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Funny that, because i always thought if you acted like a cok o' the walk, fell out with everyone, and tried to bully people into not saying anything critical about you, you would be very popular and everyone would trust you. Imagine.

Too deep for me pal

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 944 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2019, 9:06pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Too deep for me pal

Nobody believes you're thick Swin.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 945 - 1162
Ipswin
August 19, 2019, 9:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Nobody believes you're thick Swin.

Either I'm thick or your post is a riddle. Are you referring to me or Fenty?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 946 - 1162
GrimRob
August 19, 2019, 9:58pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113

Did he not refer to tyre kickers in his last interview about the takeover bid?

Disclaimer: The above question is a question, and is most definitely not a statement purporting to be fact from anyone who might be in the know, or a bloke down the pub, whether or not such an alleged conversation with person or persons or bloke down the pub known to the poster, real or imagined, whether or not such alleged fact was later discovered to be a fact or not except insofar as such an alleged or real fact was already in the public domain at the time the said statement of claimed fact was made.

He certainly used the phrase but as I recall it was in relation to previous (unnamed) people who had tried to get involved, not the present negotiations.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 947 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 19, 2019, 10:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

He certainly used the phrase but as I recall it was in relation to previous (unnamed) people who had tried to get involved, not the present negotiations.

He did use the phrase and then said something along the lines of “I’m not saying that about Tom”...as I recall.
Private Message
Reply: 948 - 1162
RichMariner
August 19, 2019, 10:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
The crux of the matter is this:

Would you want John Fenty negotiating anything on your behalf?

He's broadly employed people who led this club into its darkest times and then failed to look after or build upon anyone who has remotely come close to bucking that trend. He's shown poor judgment in both the short term and long term.

It puts him in an unenviable position; a position he's put himself in. Damned if he does (sell), damned if he doesn't. I don't really have any sympathy for him.

I just wish he'd stop demanding his money back. Collectively we've all put more money into this club than Fenty has. Imagine if we all started demanding it back.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 949 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.