Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 261,200 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
August 21, 2019, 9:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm sure if there was a post with 96 pages of people largely making negative comments about you, spouting all kinds of theories with absolutely no basis other than their hatred and accusing you of things are completely untrue, that you'd be ok with it and happy to let the lies get repeated so that they are then viewed as a fact and the hatred towards JF gets even stronger. Not to mention the detrimental effect the negativity will take across to the playing side. And if Shutes is reading all this, it probably makes him think twice about wanting to get involved if somebody who tries to do their best albeit, not being all that successful gets treated that way.

Who is this poor misunderstood man you talk about? Saint John of Humberston? John has brought a lot of it on himself through our playing record on the pitch under his tenure and by his own attritional actions against the fans and crass decisions . A charge sheet that is so long for which he still remains unapologetic, yet fans have remained remarkably loyal to their team under the circumstances. Typical of you to move the gateposts to label any criticism of JF as pure hatred. It would be just as easy and simplistic to say that JF has hatred for us fans. The fans love this club, they want better for it after 20 years of utter shite. They are desperate for a positive change and due to the original length of this thread, want to discuss it. They do not hate JF per se, but they hate what he's done to the club. It's his record, he's going to have to face up to it one day, not try and airbrush it away like a tinpot dictator through censorship. And as for Shutes reading this.. I'm sure he's intelligent enough to work out that fans' relationships are different with each owner because an individual owner will be their own man, operating their own way with different outputs, relationships and results. Just chuck in a fan smear as well why don't you to stir up a spurious reason for Shutes to not get involved..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 970 - 1162
arryarryarry
August 21, 2019, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm sure if there was a post with 96 pages of people largely making negative comments about you, spouting all kinds of theories with absolutely no basis other than their hatred and accusing you of things are completely untrue, that you'd be ok with it and happy to let the lies get repeated so that they are then viewed as a fact and the hatred towards JF gets even stronger. Not to mention the detrimental effect the negativity will take across to the playing side. And if Shutes is reading all this, it probably makes him think twice about wanting to get involved if somebody who tries to do their best albeit, not being all that successful gets treated that way.

I doubt if there is more than a handful who may hate JF. Most are just drunk off at the way this club has been run.

Even you who clearly loves JF cannot dispute that the last 16 years or so have likely been the worst since the war.

Private Message
Reply: 971 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 21, 2019, 10:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
How many times do you need to be told Pen Penfras?
Nobody hates JF. They respect his efforts but they have resulted in the worst period in the club’s history.

What purpose do you serve by suggesting that fan unrest will put off Mr Shutes who I’m sure is intelligent enough to realise that GTFC have some of the most loyal fans in the country?

Do you really expect the recent description of the fan base by Mr Dale to be forgotten so quickly?

I’m sorry if you’re offended by opinions that don’t tally with your own but the past 15 years have been a shitshow. Nothing less.
Private Message
Reply: 972 - 1162
rancido
August 21, 2019, 11:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from ska face
Absolutely unhinged behaviour.

Can we have this thread pinned so whenever rancido or the other apologists ask “why would anyone possibly want a new owner” we can link directly to here?

Trawling through message boards late at night to see what people might, or might not, be saying about you. Seek help.

Why I've been singled out is strange but what is an " apologist "? If you care to read all my posts on the subject of JFs' tenure of the club then you will see, that on many occasions , I've stated he needs to go and we need fresh direction from the top. The points that I will endorse about JF is that when he took over he loaned the club a not unconsiderable amount of money to rectify a problem created by the previous administration. Nobody else on the Board at that time was willing to do this and nobody knows what state the club would have been if he hadn't stepped in. It's easy to quote other clubs that, because of financial incompetence, went into administration and came out of it ok. Every case is different and we could have easily become a Chester or Darlington as opposed to a Bournemouth or Rotherham.
The other point about JFs' tenure is him wanting his benign loans back , which I think isn't unreasonable but is of course  directly the opposite view of some posters. It is also worth pointing out that a previous director had loaned the club money and when he left the club he immediately wanted his loan back regardless of what damage it would do to the club. Sadly we hear very little of this and some posters conveniently sweep this under the carpet even though JFs' loans were in part to cover that.
It seems that because I don't constantly berate JF and treat him like " the anti Christ" then I must support him, which is untrue. But I fail to see how these constant attacks on him are in any way constructive. I'm a Mariner , like I would imagine all the posters on here are, and all I want is what is best for the club. In that context I think we should look forward to a new future under a new regime and not keep constantly muck raking the past like it is some form of catharsis or blood letting exercise.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 973 - 1162
jock dock tower
August 21, 2019, 11:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I think Rob was right to archive some of the posts. Looking in on it every day or so you see the same arguments, day after day, after day - just worded slightly differently. In short, it has probably become the most mind numbingly and banal thread I can ever remember on here. So why do I keep checking it every day? In the vain hope that I might just see the answer that I want to see. It's compelling in that way, but not for anything else.

What does Shutes make of it all? Probably not much. I suppose he might have had a look in first time of asking to see what was what and has given it zero thought time since, exactly the same as JF. A public forum is not a policy think tank that the likes of Shute and Fenty take any notice of, but it does keep fans thought fermenting. I live in hope that I will eventually see what I would like out of whatever is going on behind the scenes, but am not going to lose any sleep over it.  UTM.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 974 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2019, 11:38am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
So all that's going to happen Jock is you'll start the same process but you'll be looking at a page with a lower number.

Absolutely meaningless move by Rob to chop this thread up. Why not have done with it and have Fenty approve all posts before they appear on the site.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 975 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 21, 2019, 11:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from jock dock tower
What does Shutes make of it all?

Maybe Shutes has better things to do than spend his time scrolling through posts on the Fishy. You'd have to be quite an insecure type of football club owner to do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 976 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2019, 11:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
PS Welcome to Deutschland 83!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 977 - 1162
mariner91
August 21, 2019, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,246
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from rancido

Why I've been singled out is strange but what is an " apologist "? If you care to read all my posts on the subject of JFs' tenure of the club then you will see, that on many occasions , I've stated he needs to go and we need fresh direction from the top. The points that I will endorse about JF is that when he took over he loaned the club a not unconsiderable amount of money to rectify a problem created by the previous administration. Nobody else on the Board at that time was willing to do this and nobody knows what state the club would have been if he hadn't stepped in. It's easy to quote other clubs that, because of financial incompetence, went into administration and came out of it ok. Every case is different and we could have easily become a Chester or Darlington as opposed to a Bournemouth or Rotherham.
The other point about JFs' tenure is him wanting his benign loans back , which I think isn't unreasonable but is of course  directly the opposite view of some posters. It is also worth pointing out that a previous director had loaned the club money and when he left the club he immediately wanted his loan back regardless of what damage it would do to the club. Sadly we hear very little of this and some posters conveniently sweep this under the carpet even though JFs' loans were in part to cover that.
It seems that because I don't constantly berate JF and treat him like " the anti Christ" then I must support him, which is untrue. But I fail to see how these constant attacks on him are in any way constructive. I'm a Mariner , like I would imagine all the posters on here are, and all I want is what is best for the club. In that context I think we should look forward to a new future under a new regime and not keep constantly muck raking the past like it is some form of catharsis or blood letting exercise.

So let's say Fenty gets every single penny back that he's ever loaned the club and sold all his shares. That would mean it will have cost him literally nothing to have the privilege of running this club for over 15 years. Which I would argue is fair enough if he'd made a decent stab at it but it's been probably the worst period in the club's history.

We dropped in to non-league for 6 years. We have managed a top half finish in the FL once in that time. We have had countless embarrassing episodes from the people running the club. The infrastructure of the club has been left behind due to the facilities being allowed to rot and having nothing spent on them. The fanbase has been consistently put down and let down. And just by allowing the club to drop in to non-league, it would have cost the club a significant amount of money.

If Fenty had any decency or humility he would accept that whilst he's tried his best, he has done a very poor job of running the club. He doesn't though, I can't remember the exact quote but even within the last six months he basically said he thinks he's done a pretty good job which is just mind blowing. The man is hubris personified. The club is not worth very much because of his mismanagement but there is a reason we were favourites for the drop at the start of the season. The cost of repaying 100% of his loans plus buying shares means you'd have to spend around £3million just to acquire the club which is clearly going to be prohibitive when the club frankly doesn't have much going for it. You'd have to have exceptionally deep pockets and a real sense of altruism to spend that sort of money just to acquire a club that has struggled in non-league or the lower reaches of L2 for more than a decade.

He should sell his shares, get some of the loans back but generally when someone has run a business poorly it costs them something. If you buy a car and let it rot by using dodgy parts and employing dodgy mechanics, you can't expect to get back what you bought it for. He should put his ego to the side, accept that he is incapable of taking the club forward and then he could go with some respect and thanks from the fanbase for at least putting himself out there when the club needed someone to step up despite ultimately failing.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 978 - 1162
1mickylyons
August 21, 2019, 12:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Bigdog

Who is this poor misunderstood man you talk about? Saint John of Humberston? John has brought a lot of it on himself through our playing record on the pitch under his tenure and by his own attritional actions against the fans and crass decisions . A charge sheet that is so long for which he still remains unapologetic, yet fans have remained remarkably loyal to their team under the circumstances. Typical of you to move the gateposts to label any criticism of JF as pure hatred. It would be just as easy and simplistic to say that JF has hatred for us fans. The fans love this club, they want better for it after 20 years of utter shite. They are desperate for a positive change and due to the original length of this thread, want to discuss it. They do not hate JF per se, but they hate what he's done to the club. It's his record, he's going to have to face up to it one day, not try and airbrush it away like a tinpot dictator through censorship. And as for Shutes reading this.. I'm sure he's intelligent enough to work out that fans' relationships are different with each owner because an individual owner will be their own man, operating their own way with different outputs, relationships and results. Just chuck in a fan smear as well why don't you to stir up a spurious reason for Shutes to not get involved..

The fans forum showed what the board and friends thought of the fanbase describing it TOXIC and the reason nobody had come in previously caused PH to leave and bullied fellow supporters in relation to the checkatwat. Nick Dale`s comments the other week reinforced that view of what the inner sanctum think. That`s why we need them gone whatever the cost FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 979 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.