Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,259 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2019, 5:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

I did not offer either it was fenty who said I did all I did was ask him a few questions and it snowballed from there.

If I recall correctly he gave you his phone number then when you rang him to ask a few questions he told you off and not to ring him. Is my memory correct?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1000 - 1162
lew chaterleys lover
August 21, 2019, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm sure if there was a post with 96 pages of people largely making negative comments about you, spouting all kinds of theories with absolutely no basis other than their hatred and accusing you of things are completely untrue, that you'd be ok with it and happy to let the lies get repeated so that they are then viewed as a fact and the hatred towards JF gets even stronger. Not to mention the detrimental effect the negativity will take across to the playing side. And if Shutes is reading all this, it probably makes him think twice about wanting to get involved if somebody who tries to do their best albeit, not being all that successful gets treated that way.

Fenty has set the tone for everything at the club, and only his closest sycophants could make a case for him making a success of it.

His decisions affect thousands of fans so obviously if most of those decisions have hindered the club and prevented it from flourishing, there is a price to pay. Had it gone well, he would have accepted the plaudits without a doubt.

His decision to take control was welcomed at the time, and no doubt he received countless thanks but that was the thick end of 20 years ago.

I do agree about the knock on effect of the negativity, but that is one of the main reasons some/most/all supporters want to see a change. We would rather be talking about the team and how it plays, and leave the boardroom stuff to one side but that is impossible until he goes.

The new owners would, as a first step, galvanise the support base with new ideas, new investment and hope of a better future something the current board seem incapable of.
Private Message
Reply: 1001 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 21, 2019, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236

Fenty has set the tone for everything at the club, and only his closest sycophants could make a case for him making a success of it.

His decisions affect thousands of fans so obviously if most of those decisions have hindered the club and prevented it from flourishing, there is a price to pay. Had it gone well, he would have accepted the plaudits without a doubt.

His decision to take control was welcomed at the time, and no doubt he received countless thanks but that was the thick end of 20 years ago.

I do agree about the knock on effect of the negativity, but that is one of the main reasons some/most/all supporters want to see a change. We would rather be talking about the team and how it plays, and leave the boardroom stuff to one side but that is impossible until he goes.

The new owners would, as a first step, galvanise the support base with new ideas, new investment and hope of a better future something the current board seem incapable of.

Like being carried shoulder-high around the pitch at Bournemouth when we had just survived?
Private Message
Reply: 1002 - 1162
Marinerz93
August 21, 2019, 6:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If I recall correctly he gave you his phone number then when you rang him to ask a few questions he told you off and not to ring him. Is my memory correct?

Sounds about right, and when Pete asked him a few challenging questions that didn't conform to the party line, Fenty blocked him.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1003 - 1162
lew chaterleys lover
August 21, 2019, 6:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Like being carried shoulder-high around the pitch at Bournemouth when we had just survived?

Oh don't - that remains my funniest moment in football. Survived the drop into non league due to another club having points deducted and goes on the pitch to accept the plaudits of the plebs, sorry fans. Anybody else would have kept their head down, and got to work straight away to make sure things were different the season after.

Things were different in a way - we got relegated anyway!
Private Message
Reply: 1004 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2019, 6:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

Sounds about right, and when Pete asked him a few challenging questions that didn't conform to the party line, Fenty blocked him.

Seems they don't like facts after all! They're out red-crossing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1005 - 1162
grimsby pete
August 21, 2019, 6:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222

Sort of KM he did give me his number by PM  and sent me a further 2 PM's insisting I call him.

He spent 20 mins telling me what he had done to save town from going into Liquidation as we had a tax bill of over £800,000 and Ramsden who was voted off the board wanted his money back .  With a couple of other debts he put £2 million of his own money in. I did not get much chance of getting a word in but he did say I could call him anytime.

I decided the best way of getting my questions across was by PM which I did.
He was not impressed with my questions and said do not call me again,
So ended our beautiful friendship.
What he meant that I wanted to go 10 rounds with him baffled me.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1006 - 1162
rancido
August 21, 2019, 6:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Still, our predicament could be worse in that we could be in Burys' position!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1007 - 1162
dapperz fun pub
August 21, 2019, 7:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from grimsby pete

Sort of KM he did give me his number by PM  and sent me a further 2 PM's insisting I call him.

He spent 20 mins telling me what he had done to save town from going into Liquidation as we had a tax bill of over £800,000 and Ramsden who was voted off the board wanted his money back .  With a couple of other debts he put £2 million of his own money in. I did not get much chance of getting a word in but he did say I could call him anytime.

I decided the best way of getting my questions across was by PM which I did.
He was not impressed with my questions and said do not call me again,
So ended our beautiful friendship.
What he meant that I wanted to go 10 rounds with him baffled me.

Getting into private messages with a supporter on a fans forum 🙈
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1008 - 1162
Marinerz93
August 21, 2019, 7:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Seems they don't like facts after all! They're out red-crossing.

That's all they have, no counter debate, just spite, take it as a win when they have to resort to that, means you've touched a nerve.

Fenty Apologists

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1009 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.