Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,245 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 21, 2019, 12:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm sure if there was a post with 96 pages of people largely making negative comments about you, spouting all kinds of theories with absolutely no basis other than their hatred and accusing you of things are completely untrue, that you'd be ok with it and happy to let the lies get repeated so that they are then viewed as a fact and the hatred towards JF gets even stronger. Not to mention the detrimental effect the negativity will take across to the playing side. And if Shutes is reading all this, it probably makes him think twice about wanting to get involved if somebody who tries to do their best albeit, not being all that successful gets treated that way.

The post above should be removed, Pens run dry has no proof what some posters have said is lies, also don't see that wanting someone out of the club who has been a lead weight around the clubs neck as hatred.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 980 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 21, 2019, 12:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Fenty doesn't deserve another penny of his "benign" loan back. The debt was his choice and was directly to do with the incompetent way the club was run. The debt was incurred under his watch and with him having a virtual dictatorship over the club as Chairman & majority shareholder.

Between May 2006 & May 2010 the club's net debt rose from £1,043,362 to an eye watering £2,888,077 in just 4 years. A rise of £1,844,715. Fenty is responsible for that. He ran the football club in such a reckless way. He appointed 4 shite managers after Slade, he allowed panic signings at huge cost & he paid off players and managers contracts.

The fact that Fenty takes £200,000 for the club each year is a disgrace. We're still paying the price for those terrible years. How far would another £4,000 a week added to our budget go?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 981 - 1162
Bigdog
August 21, 2019, 12:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Fenty doesn't deserve another penny of his "benign" loan back. The debt was his choice and was directly to do with the incompetent way the club was run. The debt was incurred under his watch and with him having a virtual dictatorship over the club as Chairman & majority shareholder.

Between May 2006 & May 2010 the club's net debt rose from £1,043,362 to an eye watering £2,888,077 in just 4 years. A rise of £1,844,715. Fenty is responsible for that. He ran the football club in such a reckless way. He appointed 4 shite managers after Slade, he allowed panic signings at huge cost & he paid off players and managers contracts.

The fact that Fenty takes £200,000 for the club each year is a disgrace. We're still paying the price for those terrible years. How far would another £4,000 a week added to our budget go?

And then after that, in his own words.. from 2010 to 2016, the club lost out on more tham 3m by dropping into non-league, and probably even more ruinous, a new generation of football fans and players alike who just look on us as a struggling EFL club that could be non-league at the end of any given season. This untold cost has probably hurt us even more when it comes to player and manager recruitment as well as local kids growing up and supporting someone else..

It's shameful and more so because through his own ignorant frustrations he's been so belligerent and disrespectful with just about every key stakeholder the club has, especially its primary source of income, the fans..

It's time to draw a line as soon as possible and have a fresh start. I wish I could keep my trap shut and be more patient and tolerant like some, but I can't, I haven't got it in me, I've just had enough of a Fenty run GTFC..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 982 - 1162
ska face
August 21, 2019, 12:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm sure if there was a post with 96 pages of people largely making negative comments about you, spouting all kinds of theories with absolutely no basis other than their hatred and accusing you of things are completely untrue, that you'd be ok with it and happy to let the lies get repeated so that they are then viewed as a fact and the hatred towards JF gets even stronger. Not to mention the detrimental effect the negativity will take across to the playing side. And if Shutes is reading all this, it probably makes him think twice about wanting to get involved if somebody who tries to do their best albeit, not being all that successful gets treated that way.

wow, what a pile of steaming self-pitying garbage, absolute fantasy land stuff.

That thread was about 6-weeks worth of discussion about what a takeover could/would look like, the stadium, the wider regeneration of the town, who Tom Shutes is, what he does, where his money comes from, if he has any money, what his intentions are, what the club could achieve, the council, the East Marsh, communities, ABP, The Trust, Freeman Street, the EFL, windfarms, the Ice House and many other things. Frankly, Fenty was a bit of an afterthought and even got plenty of praise and “thankyous” from fans for what he has done, all until the last week or so. To reduce all that down to it being a Fenty-bashing thread is wrong, for a start, insulting to the fans and quite perfectly encapsulates the problem here - one man’s ego.

Not everything is about John Shelton Fenty, believe it or not. Sometimes the world turns and not a single person outside his house gives a second thought to John Fenty, as crazy as that might sound to his gardener, or whoever you are.

It may not have been Fenty who complained to Rob, doesn’t make any difference. This is a space for fans, where people should feel comfortable discussing their views on what is effectively an expensive, time-consuming hobby. The constant surveillance, the feeling that Big Brother (literally at times, on here) has his eye on you and you might get invited in for a cosy chat in the boardroom is oppressive and smacks of someone either paranoid or obsessed with control. The fans are regularly criticised, without basis, by club officials on much larger platforms than this with absolutely no opportunity for a right of reply, and even here people can’t speak their mind for fear of who’s watching. It wouldn’t be as much an issue if figures at the club, or associated with, didn’t come on here to argue and wind fans up when it suits them, but coming on here to “set the record straight” isn’t engagement in any meaningful sense.

As for the “negative effect on the playing side” - don’t talk out your bottom. A slack handful of people on a forum moaning about a person that inspired widespread protests INSIDE THE GROUND in the last few years will have zero impact on the players, as you know. But it’s telling that you try pin blame on the fans yet again, for results going badly or a deal falling through. The fans have copped the blame for almost everything in recent years, yet those in the boardroom and sat in the club offices always come up smelling of roses. Sorry for getting us relegated to the conference, everyone.  I’d also like to apologise for voting for the inclusion of Championship youth teams in a competition for League 1 & 2 teams, whatever was I thinking?

If Shutes was reading that, I imagine he’d take great comfort in knowing that there are a huge number of people who care passionately about wanting to see the club moving in the right direction and becoming a positive focal-point for a community that has been dumped on for decades. I imagine he’d also be reassured by the fact that people supporting this club have stuck by it through its darkest days, and still hold out hope for a better future. It was a 96-page “come and get me” plea to anyone interested in working with the fans to drag this club into the future and give us something to be proud of again, and a warning that the fans aren’t mugs and won’t accept the same treatment we’ve had for the last decade.
Private Message
Reply: 983 - 1162
barralad
August 21, 2019, 1:02pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I haven't been on here very much lately but I cannot see the 96 page thread. Has it been deleted?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 984 - 1162
grimsby pete
August 21, 2019, 1:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad
I haven't been on here very much lately but I cannot see the 96 page thread. Has it been deleted?

Its been moved Ian to a place where only mods can read it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 985 - 1162
barralad
August 21, 2019, 1:12pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from grimsby pete

Cheers Pete..shame really..

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 986 - 1162
gytone
August 21, 2019, 1:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
It is a shame, 96 pages  gone. I like many others had a vision of Shutes coming in backed by money,not only building a stadium to be proud of, but also having a hand in a regeneration of a town that's badly in need of it. . It may still happen but longer it goes on the more i fear it won't happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 987 - 1162
1mickylyons
August 21, 2019, 1:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from barralad

In summary a brief glimmer of hope surfaced that Fentys reign of terror was coming to an end via Shutes and Co just prior to the Season starting .Nothing much happened and hundreds of people hoping for change shrugged there shoulders and carried on supporting the team. A few specualted as to why said change hasn`t happened GrimRob intimated they should sort of shutup and the rest you`ve read.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 988 - 1162
1mickylyons
August 21, 2019, 1:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from grimsby pete

GTFC Boardroom?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 989 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.