Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,240 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2019, 7:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

Sort of KM he did give me his number by PM  and sent me a further 2 PM's insisting I call him.

He spent 20 mins telling me what he had done to save town from going into Liquidation as we had a tax bill of over £800,000 and Ramsden who was voted off the board wanted his money back .  With a couple of other debts he put £2 million of his own money in. I did not get much chance of getting a word in but he did say I could call him anytime.

I decided the best way of getting my questions across was by PM which I did.
He was not impressed with my questions and said do not call me again,
So ended our beautiful friendship.
What he meant that I wanted to go 10 rounds with him baffled me.

Must have been in his Boxing Metaphor Period, because he also offered to go tot-to-toe with anyone ahead of the Infamous Fans' Forum  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1010 - 1162
TownSNAFU5
August 21, 2019, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Our position could be worse - we could be Bury.  This is true.  On the other hand we could be
Bounemouth.  Just for the sake of balance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1011 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 21, 2019, 7:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,961
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from grimsby pete

Sort of KM he did give me his number by PM  and sent me a further 2 PM's insisting I call him.

He spent 20 mins telling me what he had done to save town from going into Liquidation as we had a tax bill of over £800,000 and Ramsden who was voted off the board wanted his money back .  With a couple of other debts he put £2 million of his own money in. I did not get much chance of getting a word in but he did say I could call him anytime.

I decided the best way of getting my questions across was by PM which I did.
He was not impressed with my questions and said do not call me again,
So ended our beautiful friendship.
What he meant that I wanted to go 10 rounds with him baffled me.

Obviously we wouldn't have been liquidated. We might have ended up in administration, but clearly that's a very different proposition. Especially as points deductions weren't introduced until season 2004/05 in response to the Leicester City farce. When Fenty took over there were no sporting sanctions for "insolvency events". We should have gone into adminstration the day after ITV digital folded. When is a CVA ever rejected. Even Bury FC have one agreed with their creditors.

Fenty made a huge mistake in 2002. He loaned GTFC £650,000 through his business to repay Dudley Ramsden and co. In an instance he became the biggest potential financial loser if GTFC went into administration and the only sensible way out was to continue to loan more money to protect the money he had already loaned the club.

I think we're the only club still in a mess because of ITV digital. Well, not because of ITV digital. Because how our owner reacted to ITV digital failing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1012 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2019, 8:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Obviously we wouldn't have been liquidated. We might have ended up in administration, but clearly that's a very different proposition. Especially as points deductions weren't introduced until season 2004/05 in response to the Leicester City farce. When Fenty took over there were no sporting sanctions for "insolvency events". We should have gone into adminstration the day after ITV digital folded. When is a CVA ever rejected. Even Bury FC have one agreed with their creditors.

Fenty made a huge mistake in 2002. He loaned GTFC £650,000 through his business to repay Dudley Ramsden and co. In an instance he became the biggest potential financial loser if GTFC went into administration and the only sensible way out was to continue to loan more money to protect the money he had already loaned the club.

I think we're the only club still in a mess because of ITV digital. Well, not because of ITV digital. Because how our owner reacted to ITV digital failing.

I suppose that first mistake was understandable for someone who loves the club.

It's the rest of the way he conducted things that is the issue.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1013 - 1162
psgmariner
August 21, 2019, 8:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I don’t think you can saving us from admin was a huge mistake. Admin isn’t a silver bullet and it means a lot of people you owe money to don’t get paid. I’m glad we’ve never gone down that route.

Private Message
Reply: 1014 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 21, 2019, 8:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner
I don’t think you can saving us from admin was a huge mistake. Admin isn’t a silver bullet and it means a lot of people you owe money to don’t get paid. I’m glad we’ve never gone down that route.

How many penny's in the £1 did GTFC get from ITV digital when they went out of business. Zero. I appreciate it's not nice, but the club was clearly insolvent after ITV digital.

We've not gone down that route. But there are countless clubs who have gone down that route since ITV digital and have gone on to have great success. I can think of 1 club who went on to win the Premier League & another club who were in admin 3 times in less than 15 years and are now as established Premier League club.

There were 10 EFL clubs who went into administration between ITV digital collapsing in May 2002 & the end of 2003. They all survived. They all still exist.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1015 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 21, 2019, 8:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Correction: Bournemouth were only in admin twice. In 1997 & 2008.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1016 - 1162
jamesgtfc
August 21, 2019, 9:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
There is the knock on effect of administration on the many local businesses a football club uses.

Yes, we may be at the bottom end of the league but we got into debt, owed people money and did the decent, honorable thing by paying the money back.

What I will say though is that with better management at the top, I believe we could have paid our debt back and been on a better footing a long time ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1017 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 21, 2019, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jamesgtfc
There is the knock on effect of administration on the many local businesses a football club uses.

Yes, we may be at the bottom end of the league but we got into debt, owed people money and did the decent, honorable thing by paying the money back.

What I will say though is that with better management at the top, I believe we could have paid our debt back and been on a better footing a long time ago.

Or alternatively, the knock on effect of years of poor results could be even worse? Hindsight is a wonderful thing that none of us are born with and we all make mistakes- what sets some apart is to admit they have got things wrong rather than arrogantly berating anyone who disagrees.
Private Message
Reply: 1018 - 1162
chaos33
August 21, 2019, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Marinerz93

That's all they have, no counter debate, just spite, take it as a win when they have to resort to that, means you've touched a nerve.

Fenty Apologists

Forgive me whilst I guffaw at the monumental irony of you posting that whilst recalling all your posts on the brexit threads! 🥴

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1019 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.