Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,260 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 21, 2019, 1:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Isn't this a classic case of the Irresistible Force versus the Immovable Object?
Private Message
Reply: 990 - 1162
Rik e B
August 21, 2019, 2:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
What a joke. Free speech is dead and we live under a tyrannical dictatorship that's views us measly peasants with disdain. And now one of the knights of Fenty's round table is basically blaming us for everything from Hursts departure (Nothing to do with the grand sum of investment in infrastructure to make us being competitive in the Football League being a new porta cabin and promises of extra coaches broken) to any proposed takeover faltering.

Absolutely nothing to do with Fenty wanting his millions back of course.

Fenty done a great job under his watch he states in the press, anyone out of the thousands of other onlookers who believes anything different about the last twenty years is clearly just a toxic cretin who needs to SHUT UP!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 991 - 1162
Marinerz93
August 21, 2019, 2:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rik e B
What a joke. Free speech is dead and we live under a tyrannical dictatorship that's views us measly peasants with disdain. And now one of the knights of Fenty's round table is basically blaming us for everything from Hursts departure (Nothing to do with the grand sum of investment in infrastructure to make us being competitive in the Football League being a new porta cabin and promises of extra coaches broken) to any proposed takeover faltering.

Absolutely nothing to do with Fenty wanting his millions back of course.

Fenty done a great job under his watch he states in the press, anyone out of the thousands of other onlookers who believes anything different about the last twenty years is clearly just a toxic cretin who needs to SHUT UP!!

Do you want to be invited into the boardroom with pages and pages of your comments printed off, because that's what will happen  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 992 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 21, 2019, 3:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ska face

wow, what a pile of steaming self-pitying garbage, absolute fantasy land stuff.

That thread was about 6-weeks worth of discussion about what a takeover could/would look like, the stadium, the wider regeneration of the town, who Tom Shutes is, what he does, where his money comes from, if he has any money, what his intentions are, what the club could achieve, the council, the East Marsh, communities, ABP, The Trust, Freeman Street, the EFL, windfarms, the Ice House and many other things.  

Team Fenty can say what they like basically. The proof of what people really said has been hidden away now, so it's basically write your own narrative.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 993 - 1162
ginnywings
August 21, 2019, 3:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Marinerz93

Do you want to be invited into the boardroom with pages and pages of your comments printed off, because that's what will happen  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 994 - 1162
Rik e B
August 21, 2019, 3:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
I already did get an invite the other year when I finally had had enough and vented spleen lol. Funny thing is I vehemently defended him for years and always try to be positive and optimistic as much as possible. Long since reached breaking point with the current regime though, even totally blanking out reading about things for a period around the time of the Woodhouse saga as was so sick of getting wound up by debacle after debacle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 995 - 1162
Rik e B
August 21, 2019, 3:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
At least I didn't get offered to go a few rounds with him though... 👀🥊👊🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 996 - 1162
Marinerz93
August 21, 2019, 4:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rik e B

you could name your gloves - The right glove could be called the truth and the left glove called the facts, Fenty be like

and Fenty's Pen friend and other apologists can write the match report

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 997 - 1162
grimsby pete
August 21, 2019, 4:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rik e B

I did not offer either it was fenty who said I did all I did was ask him a few questions and it snowballed from there.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 998 - 1162
GollyGTFC
August 21, 2019, 4:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,979
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Bigdog

And then after that, in his own words.. from 2010 to 2016, the club lost out on more tham 3m by dropping into non-league, and probably even more ruinous, a new generation of football fans and players alike who just look on us as a struggling EFL club that could be non-league at the end of any given season. This untold cost has probably hurt us even more when it comes to player and manager recruitment as well as local kids growing up and supporting someone else..

It's shameful and more so because through his own ignorant frustrations he's been so belligerent and disrespectful with just about every key stakeholder the club has, especially its primary source of income, the fans..

It's time to draw a line as soon as possible and have a fresh start. I wish I could keep my trap shut and be more patient and tolerant like some, but I can't, I haven't got it in me, I've just had enough of a Fenty run GTFC..

Exactly. I didn't even touch on lost revenue from our relegation or untapped revenue from the club's out of date practices. I think the difference between L2 & NL is circa £1m, but there's a one off parachute payment of £500k. So, there's £5.5m that Fenty's reckless running of the club has cost us.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 999 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.