Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 115 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,272 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
January 8, 2019, 8:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200

BREAKING NEWS.........the new stadium is never going to happen while Mr Fenty is in charge  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 379
SteffiMariner
January 8, 2019, 8:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Actually, you don't need to buy 51% of the shares, what you need to do is align yourself with Mike Parker and The Trust and you only need 13.92% more shares for you to have a controlling interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 379
grimsby pete
January 8, 2019, 8:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

I didn't realise you are the forum police. 👮‍♂️

No I am not but we have Lincoln fans on here who post more than you,

Why dont you come on and talk about how good the team are playing and what a good manager Jolley is becoming,

Plus the new signings there is more to this board than Fenty,

Come back and do that and I will be more civil with you until then good bye..

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 379
Fishy_fishtails
January 8, 2019, 8:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete

No I am not but we have Lincoln fans on here who post more than you,

Why dont you come on and talk about how good the team are playing and what a good manager Jolley is becoming,

Plus the new signings there is more to this board than Fenty,

Come back and do that and I will be more civil with you until then good bye..

I think you're getting a little too obsessed with this forum again Pete. I don't have to post what you want me to, I post what I feel is necessary. Who cares how many times I post?? I don't come on here everyday unlike some people and if i was to say my thoughts on the manager and players I would be typing for a very long time (in a good way) I have nothing but admiration for the manager and the players and the way the team is developing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 379
mariner91
January 8, 2019, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,744
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I find it a bit crass that the regime with the worst track record in the club’s history feels it has the moral objectivity to vet the next one.

Quite. Like the McCann's telling someone they wouldn't make a suitable baby sitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 379
arryarryarry
January 8, 2019, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

Maybe you can correct me on this but I have never known a club that was up for sale ( and there have been many over the last few years) advertise that the club was for sale either nationally or internationally. It's a known fact that Hull are up for sale but have you seen any adverts? All I've seen about this is interviews by the media with the owner.

Perhaps adverise is the wrong word but certainly make people who may be interested in a League 2 club aware it is for sale, which still comes back to my point that just mentioning on the club's website isn't really doing that to the wider world.
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 379
arryarryarry
January 8, 2019, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from chipsandgravy
What a massive overaction yet again to a fairly inocuous statement. Same people that overacted to someone who had clearly too much time on the hands and created a spoof takeover bid story. Then perpetuated by every man and his dog who knew someone that had "heard the same" which then finally ended up in the media. Now Fenty has gone and "burst the balloon" by clarifying the issue.
Some need to get a grip and get back to simply supporting our brilliant manager and team.

I haven't read every post on here so apologies if this is taken out of contest.

Whilst there have been several claims of takeovers in the offing not sure how you can claim there has been a spoof takeover bid when John Fenty has just stated there was one.
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 8, 2019, 9:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from SteffiMariner
Actually, you don't need to buy 51% of the shares, what you need to do is align yourself with Mike Parker and The Trust and you only need 13.92% more shares for you to have a controlling interest.

You still wouldn't control the club whilst it owes Fenty in the region of £2m.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 8, 2019, 9:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Would whoever red-crossed this like to say why? What do you disagree with?

Still the muppets* keep silent.

* that's a kind word for the sad little twerps

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 379
ginnywings
January 8, 2019, 9:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chipsandgravy
What a massive overaction yet again to a fairly inocuous statement. Same people that overacted to someone who had clearly too much time on the hands and created a spoof takeover bid story. Then perpetuated by every man and his dog who knew someone that had "heard the same" which then finally ended up in the media. Now Fenty has gone and "burst the balloon" by clarifying the issue.
Some need to get a grip and get back to simply supporting our brilliant manager and team.

So what part of JF saying that there was an interested party 2 or 3 months ago, who made an offer to take the club forward a spoof? Who's bubble has been burst exactly, apart from the long suffering fans? There were negotiations, some folk heard about them, and they came into the public domain. That is not the definition of a "spoof rumour".

All we have ever had and still have is the usual, "nothing to see here" statements. We have no idea why those overtures were rejected. JF may have asked for 20 million and that the new owners had to don lederhosen and ginger wigs to all home games. Or the supposed new regime may have offered 10 quid and second hand sideboard. Nobody knows apart from those involved. What we do know is that someone was interested because JF says so. Get a grip indeed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.