Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 301 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,123 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
January 8, 2019, 6:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from rancido

So how is he supposed to say the club is up for sale? Surely there is no better way than on the clubs' official website? Maybe you think he should put an ad in the Classified Ads in the Financial Times -" League 2 football Club for sale, all interested parties contact GTFC , Blundell Park, Grimsby".

Some posters on here question why he put out this statement. Surely the fact that this " rumour " is rife all over the town and is the subject of this thread is justification enough. Perhaps he should have said nothing and loads of fans would have thought it was a reality only to find out months down the line that it was just a " rumour " perpetuated by a load of people who know absolutely nothing about what is going on.

The thing is Rancido, you've replied to me but I didn't mention the rumours once. My point was about other matters. A simple two lined statement re the "takeover" may have sufficed instead of a 14 minute video covering other aspects like the new stadium etc.

The club desperately needs new investment to take a step forward, even JF admits that, yet the biggest challenge of new funding that faces our club in having a brighter future is not being actively addressed by the club, that is my whole point, all we got is a running commentary of negativity and that's not going to get the job done. There just seems to be no awareness or urgency at all on the club's part. How many years of inactivity have to drift on before fans like you wake up and smell the coffee ignoring the absolute bigger picture while fussing over trivialities? And I'm pleased you're not anything to do with club PR if you think a video on the official club website is "no better way" in advertising putting the club up for sale..

Some fans are seriously sleepwalking hand in hand with JF..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 379
arryarryarry
January 8, 2019, 6:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from rancido

So how is he supposed to say the club is up for sale? Surely there is no better way than on the clubs' official website? Maybe you think he should put an ad in the Classified Ads in the Financial Times -" League 2 football Club for sale, all interested parties contact GTFC , Blundell Park, Grimsby".

Some posters on here question why he put out this statement. Surely the fact that this " rumour " is rife all over the town and is the subject of this thread is justification enough. Perhaps he should have said nothing and loads of fans would have thought it was a reality only to find out months down the line that it was just a " rumour " perpetuated by a load of people who know absolutely nothing about what is going on.

Really?

Just how widely read is the club's website?

Surely if he is serious about selling the club then it should be nationally or even internationally advertised.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2019, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
“There is no silver bullet for relocation – we haven’t got huge demand for housing, we haven’t got huge demand for retail, and they are the two vehicles that broadly football clubs are raising funds from to be able to relocate.”

Really could have fooled me I thought there was a MASSIVE demand for housing.

Spot on.

We need three million new homes in the next 20 years according to reports today.

One other thing, whilst he was busy availing us of some facts, why was there no mention of Extreme?
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 379
grimsby pete
January 8, 2019, 6:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
For those on here in sound mind and don't want to waste 15 minutes of your life Listening to a load of woffle,

We are no nearer to getting a new stadium than we were 2 years before Great Coates was first mentioned..

Plus

We are no nearer of saying goodbye to Fenty than we were 18 years ago.

We are stuck with him and Blundell Park for the foreseeable.

On the plus side we have a great manager and a set of players to be proud of.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 379
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 8, 2019, 6:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
“There is no silver bullet for relocation – we haven’t got huge demand for housing, we haven’t got huge demand for retail, and they are the two vehicles that broadly football clubs are raising funds from to be able to relocate.”

Really could have fooled me I thought there was a MASSIVE demand for housing.

I thought his reference to these were that the sale of the BP site would not bring in any significant funds because of these factors but I may have misinterpreted his comments.

Does not tally with my mate was told by a fellow Director so will have to revisit that one. I know many are desperate for change but I would concur that we do not want a new owner a la Bolton or Chesterfield, however, how much money does the buyer have to be willing to invest?

Assume buying the club will cost at least £3M if all debts/ shares are purchased at full value, plus JF is looking for investment once in place but to what level? He also states Trust members attended this meeting so not sure if they could throw further light on what size wallet any purchaser requires?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 379
SteffiMariner
January 8, 2019, 6:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Spot on.

We need three million new homes in the next 20 years according to reports today.

I would expect those 3 million homes are for areas that have investment, i.e. London, Birmingham, Manchester and not Grimsby. With knocking down all the flats, how many people have become homeless or were the empty properties in the town just utilised? The fact a four bed detached house in the area goes for less than £200K and the area has below average earnings would suggest that there isn't a need for housing in the area, which would be needed to help fund this development.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 379
Fishy_fishtails
January 8, 2019, 6:44pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete
For those on here in sound mind and don't want to waste 15 minutes of your life Listening to a load of woffle,

We are no nearer to getting a new stadium than we were 2 years before Great Coates was first mentioned..

Plus

We are no nearer of saying goodbye to Fenty than we were 18 years ago.

We are stuck with him and Blundell Park for the foreseeable.

On the plus side we have a great manager and a set of players to be proud of.

Waffle.
Doesn't really affect you though does it? Seeing as you don't attend home games?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 379
RoboCod
January 8, 2019, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Waffle.
Doesn't really affect you though does it? Seeing as you don't attend home games?

Thanks for the warning

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 379
rancido
January 8, 2019, 7:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

Really?

Just how widely read is the club's website?

Surely if he is serious about selling the club then it should be nationally or even internationally advertised.

Maybe you can correct me on this but I have never known a club that was up for sale ( and there have been many over the last few years) advertise that the club was for sale either nationally or internationally. It's a known fact that Hull are up for sale but have you seen any adverts? All I've seen about this is interviews by the media with the owner.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 379
chipsandgravy
January 8, 2019, 7:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
What a massive overaction yet again to a fairly inocuous statement. Same people that overacted to someone who had clearly too much time on the hands and created a spoof takeover bid story. Then perpetuated by every man and his dog who knew someone that had "heard the same" which then finally ended up in the media. Now Fenty has gone and "burst the balloon" by clarifying the issue.
Some need to get a grip and get back to simply supporting our brilliant manager and team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.