Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 319 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,114 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
January 8, 2019, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Waffle.
Doesn't really affect you though does it? Seeing as you don't attend home games?

AND he rears his ugly head again to support his idol.

As I have said before I bet I have attended more games than you.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 379
forza ivano
January 8, 2019, 7:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
The point is rancido, that as usual his timing is impeccably poor. He says nothing for months and then as someone said, along he comes to burst the bubble of positivity.
A 14 minute video of negativity could've been replaced by a brief statement saying there had been takeover talks but the werent successful and they were still looking for people to take over. He could've then finished by merely saying that constructive discussions were ongoing with the council viz a vis the location for a new stadium.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 379
grimsby pete
January 8, 2019, 7:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

I'm pleased you've wrote and posted this because it saved me the time in doing so. JF cannot do right for doing wrong. Fans/posters on here have been asking for a statement about these rumours, he's done what is asked and it's still not good enough!!

105 POSTS OVER A FEW YEARS AND EVERY ONE TO STICK UP FOR FENTY  sad git !!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 379
Bigdog
January 8, 2019, 7:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

Maybe you can correct me on this but I have never known a club that was up for sale ( and there have been many over the last few years) advertise that the club was for sale either nationally or internationally. It's a known fact that Hull are up for sale but have you seen any adverts? All I've seen about this is interviews by the media with the owner.

Nobody has said adverts Rancido. It's 2019. Hull's availability for sale (as have many other clubs) was seen ubiqitously across many different kinds of media through PR. So many online and physical channels to get messages across without placing an advert.anywhere, which is what I believe the club did and I know for a fact that they haven't updated their prospective investors proposal document for years .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 379
rancido
January 8, 2019, 7:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

The thing is Rancido, you've replied to me but I didn't mention the rumours once. My point was about other matters. A simple two lined statement re the "takeover" may have sufficed instead of a 14 minute video covering other aspects like the new stadium etc.

The club desperately needs new investment to take a step forward, even JF admits that, yet the biggest challenge of new funding that faces our club in having a brighter future is not being actively addressed by the club, that is my whole point, all we got is a running commentary of negativity and that's not going to get the job done. There just seems to be no awareness or urgency at all on the club's part. How many years of inactivity have to drift on before fans like you wake up and smell the coffee ignoring the absolute bigger picture while fussing over trivialities? And I'm pleased you're not anything to do with club PR if you think a video on the official club website is "no better way" in advertising putting the club up for sale..

Some fans are seriously sleepwalking hand in hand with JF..

You will notice that my reply to your post  was as regards the highlighted part - that's why it was highlighted. The reference to rumours was a general comment to many of the posters who will read this post, not specifically at you. They are the ones that keep these rumours going and then get angry with the Club/JF because these rumours are unfounded and he is the one that has squashed them.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 379
HertsGTFC
January 8, 2019, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chipsandgravy
What a massive overaction yet again to a fairly inocuous statement. Same people that overacted to someone who had clearly too much time on the hands and created a spoof takeover bid story. Then perpetuated by every man and his dog who knew someone that had "heard the same" which then finally ended up in the media. Now Fenty has gone and "burst the balloon" by clarifying the issue.
Some need to get a grip and get back to simply supporting our brilliant manager and team.

This..... pointless statement so pointless reacting to it IMHO.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 379
rancido
January 8, 2019, 7:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Nobody has said adverts Rancido. It's 2019. Hull's availability for sale (as have many other clubs) was seen ubiqitously across many different kinds of media through PR. So many online and physical channels to get messages across without placing an advert..

I agree that advertising and availability are two different things.The post I replied to was by Arryarry and he specifically mentioned advertising both nationally and internationally which is word specific.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 379
SteffiMariner
January 8, 2019, 7:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
I might be being a bit thick here, but if someone wanted to buy the club, couldn't they just buy 51% of the shares and there is nothing John Fenty could do about it? Couldn't the Trust actually buy more shares and then they could actually own the club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 379
rancido
January 8, 2019, 7:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

105 POSTS OVER A FEW YEARS AND EVERY ONE TO STICK UP FOR FENTY  sad git !!!!!!

So someone who takes an opposite view to yours about an individual is a " sad git " . The word " bigot " springs to mind.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 379
headingly_mariner
January 8, 2019, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Proves beyond any doubt that other people are interested in taking the club on.

Be interesting to hear from the other party on what the stumbling block was. I would be amazed if it wasn’t the asking price.

The ground included in the regeneration of Freeman Street would be something marvellous that everyone could get behind. Very sad their appears to be little appetite for it from the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.