Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 163 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 60,702 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 9, 2019, 6:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Some person was interested months ago. Then some one decided to dress it up recently as a consortuim. Mike Ashleys brother, sister, dog and probably Aunty May were all offered up as interested parties. Then the best bit Bryan Huxford was being reported as the figurehead.
Then Fenty came and put the record straight and then he was accused of bursting the post Palace enthusiasm .
If thats not needing to get a grip i dont know what is?

Fenty in crooked record saga I can just see the headlines
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 379
1mickylyons
January 9, 2019, 6:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Yesterday`s statement was all too predictable and in my opinion the timing was NO accident? Mr Fenty loves the limelight and once Swin posted last week about him being AWOL it was only ever going to be a matter of time before he reared his head.Voila the fans are buzzing the team`s playing well a possible sale in the background and a Saturday home game vs lowly opposition with offers on to boost the gate.A suitably timed grenade chucked over the fence into a box of fireworks sit back and *BOOM* works every time. I have no problem with Mr Fenty`s statement other than the timing it could have waited til next Monday and it actually says very little it just seems to jab away at things he doesn`t like? Sadly as long as Mr Fenty holds sway over this football club it`s going nowhere positive that much is clear and has he kills our dreams one by one he just erodes that will to support a little bit more. FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 379
WetFlannel
January 9, 2019, 7:25am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Not a fan of Fenty and would love a viable party to come in. However as a concept I don’t mind him being interested in the vision of prospective owners. It does show he cares about the club and wants to make sure the club isn’t in the wrong hands. The problem is that Fenty’s idea of a correct vision seems like it might be very myopic- there’s a difference between making sure the person actually cares about what happens to the club and saying ‘we must have a new stadium at PP, I must be kept as a director and our away kit must contain lime green’. Since none of us have any idea what he’s asking of investor I feel like we have to err on the side of caution and trust him for now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 379
rancido
January 9, 2019, 8:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from grimsby pete

No the reason I said sad git was because he only posts to defend Fenty which  is  0.11 a day.  over a few years,

You on the other hand  do defend him as well but you do post about other topics apart from Fenty related ones.

I respect your right to have a different view to most on here so I am not a bigot  am I  ?

It could be said that a person who trawls through another persons' posts and analyses their total contents is a " sad git "

I don't always defend him and have said on numerous occasions on here that I want him gone. Unfortunately, until a credible alternative comes along then we are stuck with him

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 379
Tommy
January 9, 2019, 9:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from rancido

It could be said that a person who trawls through another persons' posts and analyses their total contents is a " sad git "

I don't always defend him and have said on numerous occasions on here that I want him gone. Unfortunately, until a credible alternative comes along then we are stuck with him

In Pete's defence though, It's quite easy to notice there are a few posters who always pop up on here to post in defence of the board (or individuals within it) and never have any input towards any football related discussion.

Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with them doing that. It just could maybe lead to assumptions about who they might be. And it's clearly noticeable with some posters, without having to trawl through their post history.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 379
Grim74
January 9, 2019, 10:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Fishy snowflakes complain Fenty and the board are quiet regarding takeover rumours, Fenty comes out and quashes all the BS rumours then confirms that the club is still open for offers. Then predictably the fishy snowflakes default to abuse mode... good old Fishy.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 379
RoboCod
January 9, 2019, 10:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Then predictably Grim74 defaults to 'snowflake/Daily Mail' mode... good old Fishy....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 379
1mickylyons
January 9, 2019, 11:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
Fishy snowflakes complain Fenty and the board are quiet regarding takeover rumours, Fenty comes out and quashes all the BS rumours then confirms that the club is still open for offers. Then predictably the fishy snowflakes default to abuse mode... good old Fishy.

Quashed the rumours or fanned the flames? Can I just ask you what do you make of the timing of yesterday`s statement and do you not agree it would have been better served put out after Saturday`s home game?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 379
Grim74
January 9, 2019, 11:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
Then predictably Grim74 defaults to 'snowflake/Daily Mail' mode... good old Fishy....

I don’t read the Dail Mail!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 379
Grim74
January 9, 2019, 11:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Quashed the rumours or fanned the flames? Can I just ask you what do you make of the timing of yesterday`s statement and do you not agree it would have been better served put out after Saturday`s home game?

Makes no difference the man can’t win, he was being berated on here and social media for not commenting on the BS rumours, I for one wanted to hear what the board had to say in response and  I appreciate he has now put the rumours to bed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.