Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 251 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,109 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
January 10, 2019, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 115
If the club has just about zero assets but they have debts of £2000000 [benign loans] then surely the club is worthless so the shares in something worthless must also be worthless ????
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 379
chipsandgravy
January 10, 2019, 4:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Isnt it about time we put this to bed. If we keep this conjecture up i fear we could end up with another statement and all hell would be let loose on here.
Let it go back to radio silence and us contentrating on the team. I feel safe there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 379
Ipswin
January 10, 2019, 4:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Isnt it about time we put this to bed. If we keep this conjecture up i fear we could end up with another statement and all hell would be let loose on here.
Let it go back to radio silence and us contentrating on the team. I feel safe there.

That's fine until the next losing run then everyone turns on Fenty again

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2019, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Nothing changes does it?

There has been some interest - all we needed was to know that this has now gone away not that the players' showers now have hot water.
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 379
chipsandgravy
January 10, 2019, 4:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

Next losing run....havent you heard were not having one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 379
lew chaterleys lover
January 10, 2019, 4:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from denni266

So he has 3 mill invested in the club ,, peanuts in football terms , and with only 43% he can be out voted , not likely but possible.

Grudgingly, I have to say Mr Fenty has played a blinder. For such a small* amount, most of which he expects to get back anyway, he has held complete sway at a professional football club for the best part of two decades. Completely in charge of the club from top to bottom, and able to use it as he so wishes; not a bad gig if you could afford it at the start. He put the money in initially when nobody else would if I remember correctly, and again kudos for that.

He has seen off anyone who threatened his total control and allowed the fans, who obviously love the club, to finance the majority of it over the years whilst himself making minimal (at best) improvements on and off the field.

* in professional football terms.

Private Message
Reply: 225 - 379
Bigdog
January 10, 2019, 5:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from golfer
If the club has just about zero assets but they have debts of £2000000 [benign loans] then surely the club is worthless so the shares in something worthless must also be worthless ????

As of May 2018, the club was worth minus 600k taking into account the "benign" loan, so yes, as it stood then, the shareholders (including JF) on paper in pure numerical terms would be facing paying a potential investor around 25p per share held (not receiving £1 per share) as a contribution towards paying JF his loan off and get the club back to exactly where the club would be worth on the balance sheet without the loans if the deal were to be equitable, and that's not including the necessary cost of upgrades at BP in the very near future too. It underlines how much a potential investor would have to "waste" before ever investing positively in the club if they had to pay the 1.8m loan off and buy the 2.25m shares at face value and take on the burden of BP. The accounts and JF's stranglehold are seriously fooked up in pure numerical terms. Proper little black hole bunker JF has built for himself and the future prospects of the club.

Not only is JF demanding investors pay a substantial amount to get the club back to zero just to gain control, they need to prove additional funds for investment in a new stadium and a vision for the future. He will then walk away with his cash back in full, having cost the club 3m for leading us back into the Conference and never having provided a vision himself. Seriously fooked up state of affairs when you look at the proposition in pure numerical terms in my opinion..

I'm all for the current board ensuring that potential investors prove that they have the funds to take the club forward, but JF seriously has to consider the true value of what he is selling (and hopefully he will be taking this into account) rather than insisting on them paying for a worthless and punitive financial barrier before ever being able to allocate funds for physical investment..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2019, 5:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

So let's not stop now then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 379
rancido
January 10, 2019, 5:28pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,566
Gold Stars: 96

The problem with this thread and others like it is that they just go round in circles and we are still none the wiser. Obviously this is a message board and all topics should be discussed but any thread involving JF inevitably goes in one direction and that is that he should go. I agree with this wholeheartedly but he will only go when the conditions suit him and that, in all fairness businesswise, is not an unreasonable position to hold. He has made it absolutely categorically clear that he wants out and is slowly loosening his dealings with the club. All we can hope is that some kind of deal acceptable to him comes soon otherwise this whole saga will just keep going on and on and on.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 10, 2019, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Bigdog

As of May 2018, the club was worth minus 600k taking into account the "benign" loan, so yes, as it stood then, the shareholders (including JF) on paper in pure accounting terms would be facing paying a potential investor around 25p per share held (not receiving £1 per share) as a contribution towards paying JF his loan off and get the club back to exactly where the club would be worth on the balance sheet without the loans if the deal were to be equitable, and that's not including the necessary cost of upgrades at BP in the very near future too. It underlines how much a potential investor would have to "waste" before ever investing positively in the club if they had to pay the 1.8m loan off and buy the 2.25m shares at face value and take on the burden of BP. The accounts and JF's stranglehold are seriously fooked up in pure accounting terms. Proper little black hole bunker JF has built for himself and the future prospects of the club.

Not only is JF demanding investors pay a substantial amount to get the club back to zero just to gain control, they need to prove additional funds for investment in a new stadium and a vision for the future. He will then walk away with his cash back in full, having cost the club 3m for leading us back into the Conference and never having provided a vision himself. Seriously fooked up state of affairs when you look at the proposition in pure accounting terms in my opinion..

Is that why we've got an accountant as a director?

I've said (ad nauseam I know) that the loans make the club a worthless investment proposition but never before has a completely devalued club looked such bad value.
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.