Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 163 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,107 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
January 8, 2019, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from rancido

I agree that advertising and availability are two different things.The post I replied to was by Arryarry and he specifically mentioned advertising both nationally and internationally which is word specific.

No worries mate. My beef is that the club have got their priorities totally wrong. Without additional investment nothing is ever going to happen re progress off the pitch and the club are doing absolutely nothing proactively about it. It should be priority number one. Everything else discussed around the future of GTFC is just hot air otherwise. Looking at the video again, the only positive message for the club by JF was based around MJ, which is very short termist at best and that is a massive concern for me. When it comes to setting out a future plan for the club JF just looked like a man wallowing around in dead ends because the cash isn't there in my opinion..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 379
SteffiMariner
January 8, 2019, 7:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Proves beyond any doubt that other people are interested in taking the club on.

Be interesting to hear from the other party on what the stumbling block was. I would be amazed if it wasn’t the asking price.

The ground included in the regeneration of Freeman Street would be something marvellous that everyone could get behind. Very sad their appears to be little appetite for it from the board.

I've just posted this, but if someone buys 51% of the shares, they get control of the club, That is the asking price, 51% of shares at the share price. You'd then owe the directors there loans and then you'd be debt free...!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 379
grimsby pete
January 8, 2019, 7:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from rancido

So someone who takes an opposite view to yours about an individual is a " sad git " . The word " bigot " springs to mind.

No the reason I said sad git was because he only posts to defend Fenty which  is  0.11 a day.  over a few years,

You on the other hand  do defend him as well but you do post about other topics apart from Fenty related ones.

I respect your right to have a different view to most on here so I am not a bigot  am I  ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 8, 2019, 7:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The guy is a prize idiot. He doesn't learn. He's done this sort of thing before. All he needed to do was make a brief statement saying there had been interest but nothing came of it because the interested party couldn't demonstrate they had the resources. End.

Regarding 'enabling development' why does he think retail and housing will do the trick if there isn't huge demand for retail and housing? Self-defeating argument there John.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2019, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Proves beyond any doubt that other people are interested in taking the club on.

Be interesting to hear from the other party on what the stumbling block was. I would be amazed if it wasn’t the asking price.

The ground included in the regeneration of Freeman Street would be something marvellous that everyone could get behind. Very sad their appears to be little appetite for it from the board.

I find it a bit crass that the regime with the worst track record in the club’s history feels it has the moral objectivity to vet the next one.
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 8, 2019, 7:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from KingstonMariner
The guy is a prize idiot. He doesn't learn. He's done this sort of thing before. All he needed to do was make a brief statement saying there had been interest but nothing came of it because the interested party couldn't demonstrate they had the resources. End.

Regarding 'enabling development' why does he think retail and housing will do the trick if there isn't huge demand for retail and housing? Self-defeating argument there John.

Would whoever red-crossed this like to say why? What do you disagree with?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 379
rancido
January 8, 2019, 7:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,560
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

No worries mate. My beef is that the club have got their priorities totally wrong. Without additional investment nothing is ever going to happen re progress off the pitch and the club are doing absolutely nothing proactively about it. Everything else discussed around the future of GTFC is just hot air otherwise. Looking at the video again, the only positive message for the club by JF was based around MJ and that is a massive concern for me. Just looked like a man wallowing around in dead ends in my opinion..

I agree and I am as frustrated as you over the direction the club is going. We need new blood on the Board with a forward thinking approach to match our new forward thinking manager and coaching staff. I just don't see how the Board can achieve this. I understand JF wants completely out but is not prepared to write off his " benign" debt or give his shares away and in a way I sort of agree with him. It's easy for some posters to say he should but I wonder how many would do the same in his position. It's very easy to offer advice when you are either not involved or have never been in that situation. All I want is for GTFC to flourish and over 50 years I've seen Chairmen/Boardmembers come and go but all I care about is the clubs' future.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2019, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

I agree and I am as frustrated as you over the direction the club is going. We need new blood on the Board with a forward thinking approach to match our new forward thinking manager and coaching staff. I just don't see how the Board can achieve this. I understand JF wants completely out but is not prepared to write off his " benign" debt or give his shares away and in a way I sort of agree with him. It's easy for some posters to say he should but I wonder how many would do the same in his position. It's very easy to offer advice when you are either not involved or have never been in that situation. All I want is for GTFC to flourish and over 50 years I've seen Chairmen/Boardmembers come and go but all I care about is the clubs' future.

And most of us feel exactly the same way.

It has become the norm for our expectations to be knocked down as soon as we get them built up. As every year passes, the board find new ways of alienating the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 379
headingly_mariner
January 8, 2019, 8:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I've just posted this, but if someone buys 51% of the shares, they get control of the club, That is the asking price, 51% of shares at the share price. You'd then owe the directors there loans and then you'd be debt free...!

Which is completley unrealistic.

That is the maximum asking price for someone who doesn’t want to sell.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 379
Fishy_fishtails
January 8, 2019, 8:09pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from grimsby pete

No the reason I said sad git was because he only posts to defend Fenty which  is  0.11 a day.  over a few years,

You on the other hand  do defend him as well but you do post about other topics apart from Fenty related ones.

I respect your right to have a different view to most on here so I am not a bigot  am I  ?

I didn't realise you are the forum police. 👮‍♂️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.