Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 380 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 60,705 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
January 9, 2019, 11:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from KingstonMariner
The other thing he mentioned is that the prospective buyers didn't demonstrate the vision for the club. Wonder what that means even.

So that's two conditions:

Price - what do you want John?
Vision - what do buyers need to do, how is this judged?

According to JF's statement on the back page of todays GET  - " They ( the interested parties) seriously wanted to move forward but, at the same time, they weren't providing us with the proof of funds, and the necessary business case for taking the club forward".

I think that explains why the Board rejected the approach. Under those circumstances I think any responsible " custodian " of a football club would have come to the same conclusion.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 379
1mickylyons
January 9, 2019, 12:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,262
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from rancido

According to JF's statement on the back page of todays GET  - " They ( the interested parties) seriously wanted to move forward but, at the same time, they weren't providing us with the proof of funds, and the necessary business case for taking the club forward".

I think that explains why the Board rejected the approach. Under those circumstances I think any responsible " custodian " of a football club would have come to the same conclusion.

This is true but pointing out the obvious two sides to every story. All well and good people saying yesterday`s statement has quashed all these rumours but it hasn`t at all because we only have one version. I surely can`t be alone in wanting to know who where the interested party/parties and why did they not pursue after showing interest in buying GTFC? Clearly something is stopping potential buyers/investors from coming forward and the only 2 who have been brought in and put some money in very quickly left why was that,what went wrong there please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 379
GrimRob
January 9, 2019, 12:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
If someone is going to buy GTFC then at least make it easy for potential buyers to find out about it. Pay to have GTFC as the top search result in Google for the exact term: "football club for sale uk". It'll cost peanuts because nobody else is bidding on that search term. If I type that organic searches appear for Thurrock, Hednesford and so on but we could be above them all.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 192 - 379
lew chaterleys lover
January 9, 2019, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,549
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from GrimRob
If someone is going to buy GTFC then at least make it easy for potential buyers to find out about it. Pay to have GTFC as the top search result in Google for the exact term: "football club for sale uk". It'll cost peanuts because nobody else is bidding on that search term. If I type that organic searches appear for Thurrock, Hednesford and so on but we could be above them all.

Its because he doesn't want to sell.

If you were selling your car you wouldn't just tell the people on your contact list.

He may sell if someone unsolicited came along and agreed to every condition, including paying off all his benign loans, but he knows there is virtually no chance of that happening and is quite happy to sit tight hoping Michael Jolley can dig him out of a whole, while he himself continues to offer next to nothing.

He will continue to get all the benefits whilst the fans finance the club.  
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 379
Swansea_Mariner
January 9, 2019, 1:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,386
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from rancido

I must have missed the current compelling business case developed by the board to take us forward, when was that put in place before or after 3 relegations and multiple failed relocation efforts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 379
grimsby pete
January 9, 2019, 2:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from rancido

It could be said that a person who trawls through another persons' posts and analyses their total contents is a " sad git "

I do not have to trawl through anybodies posts mate,

All we need is a Fenty video or statement and I comment on it and by magic fishy fairytail pops up to reply to my posts.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2019, 2:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

If you read what I said, I wasn't questioning the conclusions (I don't want the club sold to just any Tom, male private or Harry). I was questioning the terms.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2019, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I must have missed the current compelling business case developed by the board to take us forward, when was that put in place before or after 3 relegations and multiple failed relocation efforts?

The search for the missing fagpacket starts again.....
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 379
arryarryarry
January 9, 2019, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I fully agree, when has John Fenty and the board come out with a commitment and proof of funding going forward?
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 379
Rob_in_Grimsby
January 9, 2019, 5:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from arryarryarry

I fully agree, when has John Fenty and the board come out with a commitment and proof of funding going forward?

The club and the Trust do that exercise every year by setting a playing budget and how that budget is going to be paid and a guarantee of who will put in any shortfall if the projections fall short.
Just because hey dont post the figures on here does not mean it does not happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.