Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,098 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
January 8, 2019, 9:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from SteffiMariner
Actually, you don't need to buy 51% of the shares, what you need to do is align yourself with Mike Parker and The Trust and you only need 13.92% more shares for you to have a controlling interest.

This is where business people look at the lay of the land and realise that to own the club, £2 million pounds of Fenty's benign loan are tied up with the clubs assets leaving you owning the club but not the ground and walk away, a bit like a freehold but not as fun.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 8, 2019, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The other thing he mentioned is that the prospective buyers didn't demonstrate the vision for the club. Wonder what that means even.

So that's two conditions:

Price - what do you want John?
Vision - what do buyers need to do, how is this judged?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 379
Marinerz93
January 8, 2019, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Probably Fenty's best interview, unfortunately there was no real substance apart from woe is me.

What is wrong with Developing PP and using the extra space where the ground would have been to build something that would generate the 7 day income the club needs and then building the new ground at the old flat site that will probably attract regeneration funding + money from the enabling project at PP win win.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 379
moosey_club
January 8, 2019, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Proves beyond any doubt that other people are interested in taking the club on.

Be interesting to hear from the other party on what the stumbling block was. I would be amazed if it wasn’t the asking price.

The ground included in the regeneration of Freeman Street would be something marvellous that everyone could get behind. Very sad their appears to be little appetite for it from the board.

The stumbling block may have been the starting block for all we know, whilst i dont feel the current board are investing enough capital they definately arent running up huge debts either, which is their way of being a good custodian....whoever was interested may have had a very short term boom or bust plan based on financing the club to the hilt.
I really dont want him to sell off to any Johnny come lately with shady finances and zero affinity to the club...that may be fanciful but  my hope would be for someone who has the club at heart to takeover....thats a pretty small pond in reality .....Leicester got lucky to have a foreign owner who saw the bigger picture and has done tons of work in the local area/ community...but again they were in a much more attractive position to attract such an owner.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 379
moosey_club
January 8, 2019, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from KingstonMariner
The other thing he mentioned is that the prospective buyers didn't demonstrate the vision for the club. Wonder what that means even.

So that's two conditions:

Price - what do you want John?
Vision - what do buyers need to do, how is this judged?

I think that means he also wants the buyer to sign up to taking the club to a new home.....which if that is what it means then he is taking the p1ss....he has failed to do that in all his tenure despite it being one of his top priorities, so if he is making that part of a takeover agreement then he is just inserting obstacles.
Any interested party may have their own plan to make BP more viable and forget the move...just because he wants to be the one to deliver a new stadium it doesnt mean thats how someone else may see it.  If they have the cash...proven..and the ties or commitment to safeguard the club then sell and let them get on with it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 379
arryarryarry
January 8, 2019, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings

So what part of JF saying that there was an interested party 2 or 3 months ago, who made an offer to take the club forward a spoof? Who's bubble has been burst exactly, apart from the long suffering fans? There were negotiations, some folk heard about them, and they came into the public domain. That is not the definition of a "spoof rumour".

All we have ever had and still have is the usual, "nothing to see here" statements. We have no idea why those overtures were rejected. JF may have asked for 20 million and that the new owners had to don lederhosen and ginger wigs to all home games. Or the supposed new regime may have offered 10 quid and second hand sideboard. Nobody knows apart from those involved. What we do know is that someone was interested because JF says so. Get a grip indeed.

A theme for Lincoln away?
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 379
chipsandgravy
January 8, 2019, 9:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from ginnywings

So what part of JF saying that there was an interested party 2 or 3 months ago, who made an offer to take the club forward a spoof? Who's bubble has been burst exactly, apart from the long suffering fans? There were negotiations, some folk heard about them, and they came into the public domain. That is not the definition of a "spoof rumour".

All we have ever had and still have is the usual, "nothing to see here" statements. We have no idea why those overtures were rejected. JF may have asked for 20 million and that the new owners had to don lederhosen and ginger wigs to all home games. Or the supposed new regime may have offered 10 quid and second hand sideboard. Nobody knows apart from those involved. What we do know is that someone was interested because JF says so. Get a grip indeed.

Some person was interested months ago. Then some one decided to dress it up recently as a consortuim. Mike Ashleys brother, sister, dog and probably Aunty May were all offered up as interested parties. Then the best bit Bryan Huxford was being reported as the figurehead.
Then Fenty came and put the record straight and then he was accused of bursting the post Palace enthusiasm .
If thats not needing to get a grip i dont know what is?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 379
ginnywings
January 8, 2019, 10:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Some person was interested months ago. Then some one decided to dress it up recently as a consortuim. Mike Ashleys brother, sister, dog and probably Aunty May were all offered up as interested parties. Then the best bit Bryan Huxford was being reported as the figurehead.
Then Fenty came and put the record straight and then he was accused of bursting the post Palace enthusiasm .
If thats not needing to get a grip i dont know what is?

2 months ago, which is when people started to mention it here and elsewhere. We have no idea who the interested parties were, so yeah that part may be fanciful, although we don't know for sure.

Didn't know the Aunty May rumour myself. She would have got us going places for sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 379
chipsandgravy
January 8, 2019, 10:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from ginnywings

2 months ago, which is when people started to mention it here and elsewhere. We have no idea who the interested parties were, so yeah that part may be fanciful, although we don't know for sure.

Didn't know the Aunty May rumour myself. She would have got us going places for sure.

I would have had her over Bryan Huxford any day. Fair made me shudder that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 379
Mrs Doyle
January 8, 2019, 10:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
“There is no silver bullet for relocation – we haven’t got huge demand for housing, we haven’t got huge demand for retail, and they are the two vehicles that broadly football clubs are raising funds from to be able to relocate.”

Fenty dome forever. literally.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/sXTTgpfFzeRyg/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c352aa86c72385032095f0f
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 379
38 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.