Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 61,093 views. Print
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Perkins
January 6, 2019, 4:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from moosey_club
Heard a major announcement to be issued in Feb .... with ABP & Dong Energy involved...not Freemo either.  Dont particularly hold out much credibility to it apart from i think the last word from the club when questioned about Freemo was that PP was off and they were looking at an alternative site that wasnt Freemo....which ties in with what i heard yesterday.

Brilliant, The Dong Stadium.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 379
Stadium
January 6, 2019, 4:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from moosey_club
Heard a major announcement to be issued in Feb .... with ABP & Dong Energy involved...not Freemo either.  Dont particularly hold out much credibility to it apart from i think the last word from the club when questioned about Freemo was that PP was off and they were looking at an alternative site that wasnt Freemo....which ties in with what i heard yesterday.

Dong Energy are no more.
https://mobile.offshoreenergytoday.com/dong-energy-changes-name-as-it-exits-oil-and-gas-business/

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 6, 2019, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Perkins

Should have a Bell End  
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 379
Mrs Doyle
January 6, 2019, 4:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Regarding Freeman Street any idea who all these "Freemans of Grimsby" are?

Can't find any lists but I know Cleethorpes M.P. Martin Vicars recently joined along with a few others?

Apparently, they own all the land around that area.

QUOTE:
Who owns the land?

The land is owned by the Enrolled Freemen of Grimsby, who are the driving force behind the regeneration plan.

They were granted total ownership of a part-dilapidated section of Freeman Street following a High Court ruling in March 2018.

This section includes the former House of Holland down to Freeman Way, including the seven-storey Freeman House, which is former council offices.
UNQUOTE.

More secretive than the Freemasons secret handshakes and all that lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 379
RoboCod
January 6, 2019, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Perkins

Come and watch Ring on the wing at the Dong!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 379
gaz57
January 6, 2019, 4:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from RoboCod

Come and watch Ring on the wing at the Dong!

The players could run on to the pitch to the sound of
" l want you to play with my ding a ling "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 379
geir
January 6, 2019, 5:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

In Norway, a "Dong" is a nickname for a condom.  

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 379
rancido
January 6, 2019, 6:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Perkins

….except the company isn't called Dong anymore and hasn't been for quite a few months now! Keep up lads !!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 379
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2019, 6:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Can't find any lists but I know Cleethorpes M.P. Martin Vicars recently joined along with a few others?

QUOTE:
Who owns the land?

The land is owned by the Enrolled Freemen of Grimsby, who are the driving force behind the regeneration plan.

They were granted total ownership of a part-dilapidated section of Freeman Street following a High Court ruling in March 2018.

This section includes the former House of Holland down to Freeman Way, including the seven-storey Freeman House, which is former council offices.
UNQUOTE.

Very low profile body of people. Link below gives a bit of history - basically they were just that, free men who didn't owe allegiance to any lord unlike most people in the Middle Ages. In Grimsby they were the electors of the Corporation (i.e. the council) and two MPs of Grimsby before every adult had the vote and they claimed control of common (ie not in private ownership) pasture land around the town (hence Pasture Street) and including the East Marsh (hence Freeman St). They basically own the land everything is built on (not sure of the extent of it) just as Sidney Sussex College owned the land in north Cleethorpes.

http://www.enrolledfreemenofgrimsby.org

https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/council-information-partnerships/enrolled-freeman-grimsby/

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 379
rancido
January 6, 2019, 6:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,528
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

QUOTE:
Who owns the land?

UNQUOTE.

The Freemen ( or Burgesses ) of Grimsby where formed in the 11 century and have ancient rights , including land ownership, in the town of Grimsby.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 379
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.