Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 339 Guests

Takeover

This thread currently has 60,704 views. Print
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
January 8, 2019, 3:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,094
Gold Stars: 520
Door is always open for expressions of interest....

So here you are, John.  We, the fans, are interested in the club.  Name your price, please.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 379
denni266
January 8, 2019, 4:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from diehardmariner
Door is always open for expressions of interest....

So here you are, John.  We, the fans, are interested in the club.  Name your price, please.

We wont be deemed suitable by him.. and neither will any one else . He just want control of every thing as usual imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 379
forza ivano
January 8, 2019, 4:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
rather depressing isn't it?

council: we don't want the ground at P.P. We'd like it at Freemo please

JF: i don't want the ground at Freemo. We'd like it at P.P. please

and repeat ad infinitum.........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 379
ska face
January 8, 2019, 4:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,360
Gold Stars: 824
Another well-timed interjection from Mr Buzz Killington.

Stupid cuunt.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 379
Mikey_345
January 8, 2019, 4:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,273
Gold Stars: 95
Anyone else hear him say committing players to full contracts, Hendrie?

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 379
TwoLeftFeet
January 8, 2019, 4:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,065
Gold Stars: 18
There seems like a great opportunity to get the ground built at Freemo. Which seems like a fantastic chance to clean up that area of town that desperately needs it and at the same time give GTFC the ground that we have needed for years...

Why are the Town board not actively seeking this.. ???
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 379
tarka
January 8, 2019, 4:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +891
Gold Stars: 29
I sometimes think he can't win. He said that the Freemo development wasn't feasible in terms of an enabling development because there just isn't the space to provide it - as the council are so keen for it to go there he is waiting for them to come up with ideas of how it can be financed. That seems fair enough to me. He also said that there was interest in buying the club 3 months ago but they didn't have proof of funds to move the club forward...either he is lying or that is also a fair enough response.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 106 - 379
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2019, 4:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from tarka
I sometimes think he can't win. He said that the Freemo development wasn't feasible in terms of an enabling development because there just isn't the space to provide it - as the council are so keen for it to go there he is waiting for them to come up with ideas of how it can be financed. That seems fair enough to me. He also said that there was interest in buying the club 3 months ago but they didn't have proof of funds to move the club forward...either he is lying or that is also a fair enough response.

There are councils & football clubs working together all over the country and still we have this apparent stand-off between NELC and John Fenty.

Michael Jolley, Anthony Limbrick are working their butts off to re-connect the football club with the fans and along comes JF with all the comedy timing in the world and blows it out of the water with an interview that basically says we're going nowhere fast. As for proof of funds, the last three sets of accounts shows the levels of directors loans being reduced which, whilst good in that it's reducing the indebtedness to JF, is also doubtless impacting on the playing budget. Is 'proof of funds' code for 'they won't pay my loans off'?

With regards to Estadio Del Freemo, if the Council are building the stadium/providing the land, why does it need an 'enabling development'?
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 379
lew chaterleys lover
January 8, 2019, 4:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from tarka

He hasn't got the funds to move the club on either. Whats the difference?

I would rather have a fresh start with people who are more adept than John Fenty at running a customer based business and are able to offer a more collegiate approach in getting new investment.

With things looking up a bit on the field, the last thing we needed was an update from him.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 379
Tommy
January 8, 2019, 4:38pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from tarka

That's the bit that gets me.

Someone could move the club forward without investing millions. The current board don't invest anything, so a new board without huge funds would be an equivalent to them in that regard. Only they might have a better idea of how to actively move the club forward.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 379
38 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.