Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,460 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 12, 2019, 11:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's not done yet but based on the exit polls -

Get Brexit done now Boris and kick some @rse while your at it.

He’ll be kicking towns like ours arses first.
Private Message
Reply: 840 - 918
Stevie Cammack
December 12, 2019, 11:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Scunny is a certain Tory swing by the looks of it.  A sad, sad, day.  I'm truly gutted.  

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 841 - 918
Grimbiggs
December 12, 2019, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
It shows that this rotten opposition has spent more time blocking Brexit, rather than listening to their own constituents....the REMOANERS have been an absolute disgrace, and will get what they deserve!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 842 - 918
Bawmariner
December 12, 2019, 11:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Grimbiggs
It shows that this rotten opposition has spent more time blocking Brexit, rather than listening to their own constituents....the REMOANERS have been an absolute disgrace, and will get what they deserve!

What will we get? Boris Johnson said a victory for him will bring the country together. From your post and other reaction i've seen it seems like we'll have a lot of remain voters feeling very marginalised as people who voted brexit shout we won. Remainers tend to be more educated. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people leaving the country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 843 - 918
Marinerz93
December 13, 2019, 12:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
If the exit polls do come true, although I am not convinced and the tory's win, will the cry baby remoaners want a people's general election because they didn't win.  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 844 - 918
Marinerz93
December 13, 2019, 12:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Bawmariner

What will we get? Boris Johnson said a victory for him will bring the country together. From your post and other reaction i've seen it seems like we'll have a lot of remain voters feeling very marginalised as people who voted brexit shout we won. Remainers tend to be more educated. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of people leaving the country.

Remainers tend to be more educated, most remoaners are window lickers, educated people understand how democracy works.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 845 - 918
Bawmariner
December 13, 2019, 12:55am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Remainers tend to be more educated, most remoaners are window lickers, educated people understand how democracy works.

Education is not necessarily a measure of intelligence but it is a determinant of income meaning that more educated people have better mobility. Look at the statistics. The majority of people with degrees and other high level qualifications voted to remain.

Brexiters should be a bit more humble in 'victory'. Democracy is famously topsy turvy and the shoe will be on the other foot one day. I hope when that day comes I will remember times when I have felt the disappointment of being on the 'losing' side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 846 - 918
grimsby pete
December 13, 2019, 1:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
I was going to say there will be a lot of remainers moaning on here in the morning,

BUT

They have already started.

The majority rules except it like I would have done if the vote went the other way.

BUT

That was never going to happen was it ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 847 - 918
Bawmariner
December 13, 2019, 1:30am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I was going to say there will be a lot of remainers moaning on here in the morning,

BUT

They have already started.

The majority rules except it like I would have done if the vote went the other way.

BUT

That was never going to happen was it ?

Personally I accept the result but I can't pretend I think it will be good for the country. Brexit in itself won't make peoples lives better. It will be how the government handles brexit and powers taken back from the EU that will decide if this will improve peoples lives in the north. Based on how the tories have performed for the last decade, I'm not confident they can be trusted with these powers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 848 - 918
arryarryarry
December 13, 2019, 2:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bawmariner

Would you mind awfully me calling you a girl private and telling you to intercourse right off.

You typically remaining excrement house suggesting remainers are more intelligent.

The remain bullshit that has been peddled for the past 3 years was that another referendum would bring the country together was balderdash.

Clearly the Labour Party is getting a damn good kicking for ignoring much of its core support by ignoring the 2016  vote and if they had said they would accept that vote and leave the EU they could well have won tonight as the Conservative vote is not up that much .

So tough excrement.
Private Message
Reply: 849 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.