Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,457 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 Next All Recommend Thread
Bawmariner
December 13, 2019, 8:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rik e B
BawMariner: Remainers tend to be more educated... Oh f**k off, should they get two votes for their supposed superior wisdom? I'd say the 'less educated' are more streetwise with their finger in the pulse of what is actually going on in areas that have been left behind.

Brexiteers should be more humble... How about Remoaners should be more gracious in defeat and accepting of democracy instead of all the sickening underhand tactics we've seen? Accept democracy and there wouldn't have been so much division. Its the screachinf remainers that have caused such division.

You won. Brexit is being done congratulations. Whether you like it or not remainers were educated to a higher level. It's a fact. Not that facts mean much anymore. 68% of people with degrees voted remain. Not that really matters to the result.

I'm not really sure what's been achieved other than saying intercourse you to remainers. A right wing government has a huge majority despite left wing parties getting a higher share of the vote. The tories now have to prove they can improve places like Grimsby which given they've never cared before doesn't seem overly likely to happen. At least the establishment was defeated and we've got a cabinet of people who have experienced the real world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 860 - 918
ginnywings
December 13, 2019, 9:04am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Tho most alarming thing for me is that the majority of the disaffected and poor in this country believe that it is the fault of Europe that they are living in such deprivation. They have now voted in the very people that put them in that position in the first place but have been spun a lie, which they have swallowed hook line and sinker. The Tories now have a mandate to screw us over even more than they have in the last decade, while the countries of Western Europe will carry on having better standards of living than we do, despite us being a very wealthy nation. It's akin to a mass suicide. Just take this little blue pill and all your woes will disappear. Boris and his elite cronies have been engineering this day for years, changing his stance repeatedly, playing the buffoon, stirring up the sh1t, but he's a cold and calculating sociopath, just like Trump.

I don't expect things will get much better for those living in Blyth and Grimsby but hey, we are free from Europe and all those pesky foreigners can go back where they came from. At least there will be plenty of jobs picking sprouts and cabbages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 861 - 918
Rik e B
December 13, 2019, 10:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
What does having a degree or not have to do with anything?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 862 - 918
Rik e B
December 13, 2019, 10:26am

Whiskey Drinker
I don't get all this workers right scaremongering... We've already signed into UK law a crossover of all existing EU standards and any changes will be debated and scrutinised in a democratic and sovereign parliament.

If there any, or too many heinous crimes against workers then we will have the chance to punish the Torys for doing so when we return to the ballot box.

As for that big bad guy Trump, as far as I am aware the US economy is doing very well and also as far as I am aware workers rights there haven't been crushed to beyond bearability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 863 - 918
arryarryarry
December 13, 2019, 10:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rik e B
What does having a degree or not have to do with anything?

Just sad high and mighty tossers who think that those who voted leave are thick.

Just having a degree means intercourse all and doesn't mean those that have them are more intelligent than those that didn't go to university.

Private Message
Reply: 864 - 918
Stevie Cammack
December 13, 2019, 10:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -8
Approval: -815
Quoted from ginnywings
Tho most alarming thing for me is that the majority of the disaffected and poor in this country believe that it is the fault of Europe that they are living in such deprivation. They have now voted in the very people that put them in that position in the first place but have been spun a lie, which they have swallowed hook line and sinker. The Tories now have a mandate to screw us over even more than they have in the last decade, while the countries of Western Europe will carry on having better standards of living than we do, despite us being a very wealthy nation. It's akin to a mass suicide. Just take this little blue pill and all your woes will disappear. Boris and his elite cronies have been engineering this day for years, changing his stance repeatedly, playing the buffoon, stirring up the sh1t, but he's a cold and calculating sociopath, just like Trump.

I don't expect things will get much better for those living in Blyth and Grimsby but hey, we are free from Europe and all those pesky foreigners can go back where they came from. At least there will be plenty of jobs picking sprouts and cabbages.

Yep.  I can already visualise the slack jaws hanging around Scunny job centre after Brexit is 'delivered' (am I ever sick of hearing that to55er Johnson coming out with this disingenuous crap), when they realise that the streets are not now suddenly paved with gold, their lives are not improved a jot, and we have just given license to the ultimate silver-spoon Tory to grind us further in to the dirt for half a decade.  

Quite how Labours strategists managed to agree that officially ignoring a Democratic vote result (with a monster turn-out) and holding another one was a sound idea to bang in to the Manifesto is anyone's guess.  

What an absolute shambles.

Current 'Blip' length - 15 years and counting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 865 - 918
ginnywings
December 13, 2019, 10:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rik e B
I don't get all this workers right scaremongering... We've already signed into UK law a crossover of all existing EU standards and any changes will be debated and scrutinised in a democratic and sovereign parliament.

If there any, or too many heinous crimes against workers then we will have the chance to punish the Torys for doing so when we return to the ballot box.

As for that big bad guy Trump, as far as I am aware the US economy is doing very well and also as far as I am aware workers rights there haven't been crushed to beyond bearability.

The Tories have always been against the Social Chapter and the Work Time Directive. They will get rid of it at the first opportunity. The gig economy will blossom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 866 - 918
carrot top
December 13, 2019, 10:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Labour should have gone with the people in their heartlands and stated that they would honour the Brexit referendum and fight for a deal. They have quite simply been their own worst enemy
There were other issues with them though - Corbyn's past, for example showing sympathy for terrorist groups did not go down well with many together with anti-semitism issues

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 867 - 918
Town Monkey
December 13, 2019, 12:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I've been a vocal remainer and I think we should have had a final say now that we know what Johnson's deal looks like but the country has spoken.  We don't have to like it or think it's a good idea but we have to accept it and move on.  All I can do is hope that I'm wrong about the effects of Brexit and the kind of damage it could do.

The irony is I'll probably be fine either way, some parts of my job will be harder, I might get paid a little less (the Brexit uncertainty was partly to blame for a 10% pay cut I took this year), but ultimately life will carry on.  What I worry about are the people less fortunate and privileged than me who don't necessarily have the benefit of the type of job I do, or the lifestyle I'm able to afford.  If they become further impoverished by Brexit and Johnson's government who will they turn their ire on?

In the past, I haven't always been particularly measured in my discussions, I'm going to endeavour to be better.  I'm going to try to listen more, read more and hopefully understand more.  Ultimately, I'm never going to agree with many of you, but least I can do is be civil and respectful.

Have a great Christmas everyone, and let's hope Town win some games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 868 - 918
Rik e B
December 13, 2019, 12:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Nobody is expecting the streets to be paved with gold -in fact most leave voters accepted there would be an initial bumpy road and short term pain for the long term gain of a sovereign nation state not just a small arm of an undemocratic and increasingly Federal European empire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 869 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.