Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 180 Guests

Freefall

This thread currently has 25,269 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
March 18, 2018, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from bax

That’s nothing to worry about compared to some of the stuff that’s gone on 😂

Can't the Trust come out publicly and distance themselves from the current regime?

Can they be a catalyst to force change, perhaps through a mass boycott of games/ season ticket sales?

I could see the logic of trying to work with Fenty from within to minimise the damage he does, but it hasn't and never will work.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 215
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 4:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
I think the only course of action for the Trust is to now step away from the board and fight from the outside. It's clear that although they have a vote on the board and may well vote against the prevailing view of the other four, they will always be outvoted. The board have entrenched themselves into a western version of the Politburo and are surrounded by people who toe the party line. Any dissent and you are out on your ear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 215
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 4:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Same thoughts at the same time Lew. I think it's the only way. We either take back our club, or walk away, as i can't see any middle ground anymore. I won't support this regime any longer and the other regulars i attend with have said the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 215
Yoda
March 18, 2018, 4:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
The trust must resign from the board and fight to take control of the club.
Their seat on the board so far has delivered nothing of note so far apart from giving Fenty more shares.

Have they been on contact with other trusts Wycombe Wimbledon etc to gain experience on how to run a club.

Are only future is to be a fan owned club.
Can our trust deliver this i doubt it very much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 215
Rodley Mariner
March 18, 2018, 4:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Bax left the Trust as he opposed its direction. Apologies for speaking on his behalf if incorrect but it sounds to me like he has serious issues with the way the club is run so is it the case that the rest of the Trust board don't? If Mr Fenty thinks the money donated by lots of people with not a lot to give was a terrible thing then he can plough on trying to claw back his £2million without any contribution from me including the £30k a year he squeezes from the Trust. I don't want to pay money towards that any longer. He clearly holds our fan base in contempt along with his fellow board members so they'll be relieved  to have one less fan putting any pressure on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 215
bax
March 18, 2018, 4:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30

Can't the Trust come out publicly and distance themselves from the current regime?

Yes it could, but it hasn't.

It did a survey to ask fans what they wanted and the majority came back saying that;s what they wanted, but when you have people more interested in self interest than listening to the people they are supposed to represent, what do you expect?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 215
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2018, 4:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I guess the only way forward I could see is that if JF stepped aside and became a "silent partner" and the club appointed an MD. The blocker would be salary as the caliber of person required to sort this mess out would mean the role would dictate 6 figures plus benefits.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 215
lew chaterleys lover
March 18, 2018, 4:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Same thoughts at the same time Lew. I think it's the only way. We either take back our club, or walk away, as i can't see any middle ground anymore. I won't support this regime any longer and the other regulars i attend with have said the same.

It is simply untenable for someone with such a poor record over such a long time to hold all the aces.It is about to get a whole lot worse over the next few weeks as once again we slip out of the football league with hardly a wimper.

Many years I have been railing against Fenty in private and on here, often swimming against the tide but there are fewer and fewer Fenty supporters now. I based my antipathy on what I could see as a fan, a little bit from some contact with him in business, and a lot from genuine people who deal with him close up. I see Bax (formerly) of the Trust is alluding to the same things.

He is a disaster area, completely unsuited to his role apart from his money in the early days, which we were grateful for at the time, but that limited input all those years ago has allowed him unfettered control of a great club and he has just made things worse, very much worse over time.

Despite my 58 years of going to BP I am almost not bothered about what happens to the actual team anymore, as I know as long as we stay in his vice like grip we will be going absolutely nowhere. Sad days are these.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 215
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2018, 4:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I guess the only way forward I could see is that if JF stepped aside and became a "silent partner" and the club appointed an MD. The blocker would be salary as the caliber of person required to sort this mess out would mean the role would dictate 6 figures plus benefits.    

Well, in the first place, I don't see the board paying anyone six figures, and secondly, I don't see anyone of the calibre required to work for the individuals on the board.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 215
lew chaterleys lover
March 18, 2018, 4:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from bax

Yes it could, but it hasn't.

It did a survey to ask fans what they wanted and the majority came back saying that;s what they wanted, but when you have people more interested in self interest than listening to the people they are supposed to represent, what do you expect?

Politics always gets in the way doesn't it? It is very difficult to get a group of people to pull in the same direction but I am surprised the penny hasn't dropped with the Trust that they are wasting their time.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.