Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 314 Guests

Freefall

This thread currently has 25,139 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Badger57
March 18, 2018, 7:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Fenty still believes in the football fairy who will come and sprinkle some football fortune dust on us very, very soon because we've been very very good boys and girls and waited very very (very) patiently for our turn. (Must be true coz he said we'll be in the Championship in 5 years!)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 215
forza ivano
March 18, 2018, 7:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,134
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from moosey_club

Its the fans fault remember.
We forced Hurst out, we largely embraced Bignot instead of telling JF he was a froot loop, we never embraced Slade, we didnt attend the checkatrade so we didnt get football fortune, we are toxic, we bully.
I personally would be happy for the club to play the remaining home games behind closed doors if it meant the points were in the bag.

In the case of the trust elections it is absolutely the fans fault.if people don't get involved or don't vote then you get the trust you deserve. So easy to criticise from the sidelines .shame that some on here who seem to spend half their life moaning about the state of gtfc don't get off their keyboard and do something positive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 215
moosey_club
March 18, 2018, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from forza ivano

In the case of the trust elections it is absolutely the fans fault.if people don't get involved or don't vote then you get the trust you deserve. So easy to criticise from the sidelines .shame that some on here who seem to spend half their life moaning about the state of gtfc don't get off their keyboard and do something positive.

Who mentioned anything about the trust ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 215
Not again.
March 18, 2018, 7:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -2
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What really p1sses me off is that clearly the likes of Fenty, Marley and Day don't run their own businesses with such a poor level of investment, management, strategy, governance and regard for key stake holders. So why do they think that they can get away with operating like that with something that means so much to so many.      

They've made their money on the backs of workers on minimum wage doing 60 hour weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 215
Ipswin
March 18, 2018, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from bax

Ask for an update on how they plan to pay the £46k based on reduced income from memberships and reduced income from the bars with zero income over the summer months. And if we get relegated...

Well if the Trust can't pay (and I don't see Fenty allowing credit somehow) then the majority of Trust members will have their wish granted as the Trust won't have the seat on the board

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 215
ginnywings
March 18, 2018, 7:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Why is it suddenly £46,000 anyway.  

Are the other board members stumping up? I very much doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 215
Tommy
March 18, 2018, 7:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ginnywings
Why is it suddenly £46,000 anyway.  

Are the other board members stumping up? I very much doubt it.

Yeah why's it gone up from £30,000?

Also, I thought the deal was £30k for two seats on the board?

Since the Trust has only had one one place on the board for months (can't remember, maybe a year?), maybe the amount should be reduced.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 215
Ipswin
March 18, 2018, 7:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Tommy

Since the Trust has only had one one place on the board for months (can't remember, maybe a year?), maybe the amount should be reduced.

How many does it take to sharpen the pencils, make the tea and adjust the cushions in Fenty's chair anyway?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 215
Cloudy
March 18, 2018, 7:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Tommy

No idea where the £46k comes from. Never seen that mentioned anywhere previously. Who agreed that?

The £30k ( which came from running the clubs bars) was in return for ONE seat on the board although IIRC two candidates were put forward for the club to choose from. They couldn't split them so voted to take both.

I think the Trust need to say in words of one syllable if the survey results stated the fans wanted to withdraw from the club board. If they did then the promised vote amongst members should have been out by now imo
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 215
Bigdog
March 18, 2018, 7:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from forza ivano

Your sentiment isn't wrong Forza but..

I joined the Trust in January and to date haven't received a single acknowledgement, not even an automated email, so I don't hold my breath for anything tangible from them at all. On top of that, I saw the survey was posted on Twitter and respectfully waited a day or two for them to post it on here. Didn't happen, I ended up starting a thread and posting it myself. It felt like they didn't want to advertise the results, let alone get them debated in full..

PS I have discussed with Barra about getting involved if there was a change in direction of the Trust. Barra has always been more forthcoming than the organisation itself..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.