Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 284 Guests

Freefall

This thread currently has 25,233 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
March 18, 2018, 1:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from ginnywings
The whole board spend their entire existence fire fighting. Too much time and energy is wasted desperately trying to put right all the things that go constantly wrong. This obsession with "toxic" fans and trying desperately to lay the blame elsewhere is just so tiresome. They can't see that the fans are the best thing about this club; the only thing about this club in fact, because a team only exists if people turn up to watch it. Sadly, i'm getting to the stage where i will no longer just keep blindly turning up and watching Groundhog Day all over again, and i'm not the only one. The four season ticket holders in my group are at this present time not renewing next season. We've all had enough of the incompetency we see, season after season. The club can blame the Fishy "minority" all they like, but much as everything else, they are totally deluded if they think the feelings and thoughts of the many are confined to just a few on here. The other three i attend with do not use this board and they all feel the same way. They have alienated everyone around them. Fans,  the media, the SLO, the Trust  board members, even our club mascot FFS, and somehow it is all the fault of others.

To be facing our third fight to stay in the Football League in 4 full seasons is staggering in it's ineptitude and as fans, we have no influence whatsoever on the decisions that have taken us there. JF is a nice enough guy, but he is totally deluded and spends his entire time deflecting blame away from himself and his cronies on the board. I can confirm what Bax said about his opinion of Operation Promotion because i got the same impression when i met with him. It may well have put pressure on the club, but it worked didn't it? Maybe now is the time to apply some more pressure, because i can't see me carrying on turning up to BP totally reliant on a board that has produced nothing but relegation after relegation and the three worst winless runs in our history. How have we as a set of fans allowed one man and a couple of million quid ruin what has been such a big part of our lives? We need to take back our club somehow, some way. If it meant ripping it up and starting again from scratch, then that is more desirable to me than this constant inertia we now suffer. If there are not big changes soon, the whole club will implode.

Here here. I think we should turn our attention, once this season is over, to practical ways we might be able to help John Fenty on his way.

A mass, almost total boycott of the matches/buying season tickets till he agrees to walk away from the day to day running of the club would be a good start.  
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 215
TAGG
March 18, 2018, 1:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from bax
Because not only have weFenty not learned a single lesson from 2010, we’ve made exactly the same mistakes. Exactly the same.

Bloated squad full of journeymen and loanees, a manager he should never have appointed in the first place and then sacked far too late.

We haven’t so much managed to sleepwalk into relegation but been in Freefall and it’s all been so utterly predictable and preventative. Instead of leading and taking action the club is too busy policing social media and stalking the fishy dishing out warnings for stuff they don’t like. In fairness the entire board is culpable. All of them.

JF told me personally Operation Promotion was the worst thing that ever happened because of the pressure it put the club under.

That will be nothing to the pressure if he takes us down again. And there’s no blaming the fans for this one John.

Edit for the first bit.
It's typical of Fenty to see a massive positive (OP) and turn it into a massive negative.
Probably because it wasn't  his idea and it was a knock for his massive ego.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 215
Grimbiggs
March 18, 2018, 1:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Even when we beat 10 man Forest Green (which seems like an eternity ago), we looked like a team with no gumption, limited ability and no purpose. Every week, we build ourselves up, what can we change, is there a new formation etc. And yet, every week, there is a crushing inevitability to the outcome.

I honestly felt on the 15th May 2016, the happiest that I've ever felt at a football game, in tears that our club had regained its' league status and ecstatic at the thought that our non-league days were behind us.

Why thefuck are we in this state?

This is what happens when you go for bargain basement players, who have a losing mentality, and aging journeymen.....Clarke (Coventry relegated), Hooper/Kelly (Port Vale relegated), Berrett/Summerfield (York relegated), Rose (Newport when they only just survived relegation).....Collins, Vernon, Davies, Woolford (good servants for their other clubs, but ageing pro's on their way down)....We should have been looking at a better mix of players, hungry young pro's ready to fight for their shirt's...UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 215
Mrs Doyle
March 18, 2018, 2:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from ginnywings
The whole board spend their entire existence fire fighting. Too much time and energy is wasted desperately trying to put right all the things that go constantly wrong. This obsession with "toxic" fans and trying desperately to lay the blame elsewhere is just so tiresome. They can't see that the fans are the best thing about this club; the only thing about this club in fact, because a team only exists if people turn up to watch it. Sadly, i'm getting to the stage where i will no longer just keep blindly turning up and watching Groundhog Day all over again, and i'm not the only one. The four season ticket holders in my group are at this present time not renewing next season. We've all had enough of the incompetency we see, season after season. The club can blame the Fishy "minority" all they like, but much as everything else, they are totally deluded if they think the feelings and thoughts of the many are confined to just a few on here. The other three i attend with do not use this board and they all feel the same way. They have alienated everyone around them. Fans,  the media, the SLO, the Trust  board members, even our club mascot FFS, and somehow it is all the fault of others.

To be facing our third fight to stay in the Football League in 4 full seasons is staggering in it's ineptitude and as fans, we have no influence whatsoever on the decisions that have taken us there. JF is a nice enough guy, but he is totally deluded and spends his entire time deflecting blame away from himself and his cronies on the board. I can confirm what Bax said about his opinion of Operation Promotion because i got the same impression when i met with him. It may well have put pressure on the club, but it worked didn't it? Maybe now is the time to apply some more pressure, because i can't see me carrying on turning up to BP totally reliant on a board that has produced nothing but relegation after relegation and the three worst winless runs in our history. How have we as a set of fans allowed one man and a couple of million quid ruin what has been such a big part of our lives? We need to take back our club somehow, some way. If it meant ripping it up and starting again from scratch, then that is more desirable to me than this constant inertia we now suffer. If there are not big changes soon, the whole club will implode.

Great post Ginny.

The truth is over £100,000 was raised in record time to help this club get back in the league they are not just a few people on the fishy Fenty. These are your customers the lifeline of this club many been there (myself included) years before you and your cronies came on the scene.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 215
Rodley Mariner
March 18, 2018, 2:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from bax

This is easy.

You cross your fingers we survive this season. Because that's all we can do with the players Jolley has at his disposal.

Then we need a thorough root and branch clearing out of the deadwood both on the pitch and off it. And there's PLENTY of it. There's so much malaise the club is suffering from because it's stale. Everything is done the same way. There's no imagination, no new ways of looking at things. Get people who enjoy their jobs and are paid appropriately for it. Create an ambitious and exciting workplace.

Learn the value of money. It's not just about cold, hard cash. Sometimes you can spend a little and create a lot. And respect the paying customers - they're not all idiots so don't treat them all in the same way.

Don't push people away who bring new ideas and skill sets to the club. I know people who would bring expertise but becasue they can't bring cash the club isn't interested. The club isn't always right. Listen. Invite new blood onto the board and listen to that new blood.

Sadly, none of this will happen and we will continue to be in the cycle of despair we are in right now.

So basically all the worst fears those of us on the outside have about how the club is run are bang on the money. If we go down and the board remain as they are then it will be a huge positive for our esteemed leader as there will be no additional money raised and about 2000 diehards in the ground so nice and pressure free.

I have to add that Bax's comments make me genuinely question whether I want to keep putting money into the trust as well. Exactly what does it stand for now? Even the results of the poll came with an asterix and a caveat that seemed to say 'we're sure they don't mean it now you've sacked Slade'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 215
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2018, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from bax

This is easy.

You cross your fingers we survive this season. Because that's all we can do with the players Jolley has at his disposal.

Then we need a thorough root and branch clearing out of the deadwood both on the pitch and off it. And there's PLENTY of it. There's so much malaise the club is suffering from because it's stale. Everything is done the same way. There's no imagination, no new ways of looking at things. Get people who enjoy their jobs and are paid appropriately for it. Create an ambitious and exciting workplace.

Learn the value of money. It's not just about cold, hard cash. Sometimes you can spend a little and create a lot. And respect the paying customers - they're not all idiots so don't treat them all in the same way.

Don't push people away who bring new ideas and skill sets to the club. I know people who would bring expertise but becasue they can't bring cash the club isn't interested. The club isn't always right. Listen. Invite new blood onto the board and listen to that new blood.

Sadly, none of this will happen and we will continue to be in the cycle of despair we are in right now.

This is exactly what my friend who is a director at Newport said about them. They were stuck in their ways, buried their head in the sand and waited for football fortune. They survived by the skin of their teeth last season, let's hope we do too and engage positive minds to make a difference in the future.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 215
KingstonMariner
March 18, 2018, 2:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bax

Well I’m not being warned about what I can and can’t say anymore...🙄

Warned by whom? Can you share the Bax? (I don't doubt you at all as it rings true with everything else we've heard).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 215
Rodley Mariner
March 18, 2018, 2:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Does he really need to?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 215
bax
March 18, 2018, 2:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
At least one member of staff and at least one member of the clubs board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 215
bax
March 18, 2018, 2:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Does he really need to?

It wasn’t JF in fairness.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.