Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 190 Guests

Freefall

This thread currently has 25,239 views. Print
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2018, 11:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Even when we beat 10 man Forest Green (which seems like an eternity ago), we looked like a team with no gumption, limited ability and no purpose. Every week, we build ourselves up, what can we change, is there a new formation etc. And yet, every week, there is a crushing inevitability to the outcome.

I honestly felt on the 15th May 2016, the happiest that I've ever felt at a football game, in tears that our club had regained its' league status and ecstatic at the thought that our non-league days were behind us.

Why thefuck are we in this state?
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
March 18, 2018, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Even when we beat 10 man Forest Green (which seems like an eternity ago), we looked like a team with no gumption, limited ability and no purpose. Every week, we build ourselves up, what can we change, is there a new formation etc. And yet, every week, there is a crushing inevitability to the outcome.

I honestly felt on the 15th May 2016, the happiest that I've ever felt at a football game, in tears that our club had regained its' league status and ecstatic at the thought that our non-league days were behind us.

You and I both know the answer to that one, the question is really how do we get rid of him?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 215
TAGG
March 18, 2018, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters

A very simple answer to that
John Fenty

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 215
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2018, 11:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

What really p1sses me off is that clearly the likes of Fenty, Marley and Day don't run their own businesses with such a poor level of investment, management, strategy, governance and regard for key stake holders. So why do they think that they can get away with operating like that with something that means so much to so many.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 215
bax
March 18, 2018, 11:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Because not only have we not learned a single lesson from 2010, we’ve made exactly the same mistakes. Exactly the same.

Bloated squad full of journeymen and loanees, a manager he should never have appointed in the first place and then sacked far too late.

We haven’t so much managed to sleepwalk into relegation but been in Freefall and it’s all been so utterly predictable and preventative. Instead of leading and taking action the club is too busy policing social media and stalking the fishy dishing out warnings for stuff they don’t like. In fairness the entire board is culpable. All of them.

JF told me personally Operation Promotion was the worst thing that ever happened because of the pressure it put the club under.

That will be nothing to the pressure if he takes us down again. And there’s no blaming the fans for this one John.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 215
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2018, 12:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from bax
Because not only have we not learned a single lesson from 2010, we’ve made exactly the same mistakes. Exactly the same.

Bloated squad full of journeymen and loanees, a manager he should never have appointed in the first place and then sacked far too late.

We haven’t so much managed to sleepwalk into relegation but been in Freefall and it’s all been so utterly predictable and preventative. Instead of leading and taking action the club is too busy policing social media and stalking the fishy dishing out warnings for stuff they don’t like. In fairness the entire board is culpable. All of them.

JF told me personally Operation Promotion was the worst thing that ever happened because of the pressure it put the club under.

That will be nothing to the pressure if he takes us down again. And there’s no blaming the fans for this one John.

Good to hear from you Bax (and a very good post!)

So, as the fans organised Operation Promotion, that's the fans' fault too? You really couldn't make it up.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 215
cmackenzie4
March 18, 2018, 12:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
If we did go down and John ftenty stayed on I wonder what the season ticket sales would be for the 2018-2019 season and how many fans would stay away in protest.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 215
Cod Cheeks
March 18, 2018, 12:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374

You and I both know the answer to that one, the question is really how do we get rid of him?

The real question for me at the moment is; how can we get out of this mess?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 215
Cloudy
March 18, 2018, 12:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from bax

So so true.

This whole club lacks leadership and charisma. This obsession with policing social media is pathetic when they should have been focussing on day to day improvement of the club. Working on engagement and inclusion. Gradually improving the club in small steps, having a plan yet they led by Fenty have killed GTFC.

I for one really hope he writes off his loans, he has had plenty of freebies in return and cost the club more money many times over with his alienation of fans and potential allies, plus his ridiculous and bigoted decision making.

We need to try and support the players, however bad they are but we need to make Fenty reign untenable. Whatever division we are in next season major change has to happen
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 215
devs
March 18, 2018, 12:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Old Codger speaks for thousands I think
Great post
I will admit I used to think JF took unfair stick - but not now
Same mistakes repeated over and over

Slade appt was dreadful in every sense - couldn't wait to get his 'mate' back at the club

Wembley 2016 was one of the vest days ever as a GTFC fan - we had everything to look forward to

And here you have to praise Lincoln - they kept the nucleus of their team; winning habit, togetherness, key players etc

I was very fortunate yesterday to be sat behind Dave Gilbert - had a really good chat with him

He dismssed the Buckley days as "the game's changed" (possibly cos he might have been a bit embarrassed) but it hasn't changed that much as it?

Pass the ball, keep the ball, move into space.... goal threat

I won;t single out what he said about who - but his assessment was 100% what we have been saying on here about the squad etc

I feel for Jolley - I hope he;s not judged by the squad he has inherited. Amy young lad would want to get a foothold in the game and I genuinely believe he will try 24/7 to turn this around

Given the chance he could do well next season - wherever we are

From Bragate to Slade to Matt Dean hatchet job to Checkatrade comment to crap club infrastructure to disconnect with fans to awful PR...and the list goes on... we are in a very bad place on and off the pitch

How HAS it come to this but more importantly how has it been allowed to come to this?

From the top....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 215
22 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.