Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 338 Guests

Freefall

This thread currently has 25,140 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
March 18, 2018, 4:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
Given that the Trust chair has past association with the club- take it as a given he’s answerable and accountable to one person, and not the members who work hard to raise funds.

Trust won’t work until they be rid of ANY association with the club. Shouldn’t be the case - isn’t with other clubs - but ours is unique because of the fella pulling all the strings. If that last fans forum didn’t show everything then some will never see.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 215
Gaffer58
March 18, 2018, 4:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
With all these comments regarding the trust, I would assume some trust board members read the Fishy, so gentlemen here is your chance to put your/the trusts side of the argument, unless you have to check with Mr Fenty first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 215
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2018, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from davmariner

Would you be interested in starting a new Trust?

The Trust That Isn't The Trust Trust?
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 215
Davec
March 18, 2018, 4:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I would be interested to see the opinion of Barralad on Bax's revelations as I believe he is a member of the trust board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 215
TAGG
March 18, 2018, 5:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ginnywings
I think the only course of action for the Trust is to now step away from the board and fight from the outside. It's clear that although they have a vote on the board and may well vote against the prevailing view of the other four, they will always be outvoted. The board have entrenched themselves into a western version of the Politburo and are surrounded by people who toe the party line. Any dissent and you are out on your ear.

This has got to be the way to go.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 215
KingstonMariner
March 18, 2018, 5:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Tommy
Very interesting, telling and concerning stuff on this thread from bax. Thanks for coming back on here.

Sounds like the Trust is in a right mess. Maybe there should be a voting system for the whole membership to vote/appoint people into Trust Board positions. Equally vote them off. How can a supporters trust be run by people who aren't willing to act on the wishes of the supporters they're there to represent?

Far be it for me to tell you how to spend your time bax but I'd have loved you to stay on with the Trust and out these people and get them away from the MT. Why do you say it will be an interesting summer by the way?

There is a vote by members on who is on the Trust board. Very rarely are there more candidates than places or at least not many so there isn’t really a debate over direction.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 215
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2018, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Having started the thread in the vain hope that someone might come up with a positive or two, I find myself even more fed up with the club than I was a few hours ago.

Bax has confirmed many of my worst fears about how the club is run and, frankly, I find it incredible that the club force someone like him out rather than engaging with a bright mind. Instead, they encircle themselves with groups of nodding heads and hope that 'football fortune' is just around the corner.

We go round in circles saying the same old thing but, I'm beginning to feel that this regime may unravel and hope that there may be a semblance of some pieces of a football club to put back together when it does.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 215
friskneymariner
March 18, 2018, 5:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Thanks Bax for your involvement,but this just confirms my view that passion and innovation will be stifled by self interest at this club.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 215
Tommy
March 18, 2018, 5:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There is a vote by members on who is on the Trust board. Very rarely are there more candidates than places or at least not many so there isn’t really a debate over direction.

Is that right? A vote by other Trust Board members maybe, but I can't remember (as a mere trust member) being asked go vote on people joining the MT board.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 215
KingstonMariner
March 18, 2018, 5:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec
Well as other will know I have never really been a massive fan of the trust and I have on occasions been involved in some cross words with some people on the trust board but Bax's recent comments I think only support my view that the trust do not represent the fans has much as it should, when Bax resigned as the chairman I did express my concerns over Alan Rutter's role as interim chairman as he has been at fans forums expressing his support at the checkatrade trophy and expressing his opinion that Fenty is doing an excellent job, therefore I believe him to be a yes man, just like Terry Rudrum is and I fear Jon Wood is, amongst others. And that I think ties in with Bax's comment that there are certain people on the trust board who are more concerned about themselves and their opinions rather than the opinions of supporters.

Yes I know everyone is entitled to opinions, but if members of the trust board are making decisions based on their personal opinion rather than the opinion of supporters then that defeats the point of having a supports trust.

I do think we as fans should be entitled to vote in and out the trust board.

The solution is not to ditch the Trust but to find people who are not prepared to be yes men and unwilling to rock the boat.

For my money the Trust has always been too conservative (small C). The whole Fenty share gift situation being a classic illustration. Sadly too many members thought the same way as the Trust board at the time did.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.