Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 162 Guests

Freefall

This thread currently has 25,227 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2018, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from bax

The current direction of the Trust is to support the club's board come what may and discredit anyone who threatens the place on said board. I believe the fans and Trust members should make a decision of that magnitude. It's unsustainable for the Trust to continue to pay £46k a year for a place on the board (yes, that's what was handed over last year) and it will go bust if it continues as it is.

The survey results clearly show fans don't want the place on the board and they don't want to pay £30k a year for the privilege.

Unfortunately there are senior people on the Trust board who believe the place on the club board is more important than anything else. As long as the Trust continues to have the club's board contribute to the writing of its statements and fails to listen to its members as it has with the survey, it will continue to be irrelevant.

I have been as big a supporter of the Trust as anyone and I've spent a hugely enjoyable five years involved with it. But it's no longer fit for purpose and, in my opinion, doesn't listen to or represent the fans anymore.

The irony is there are some fantastic people involved on the Trust board who either don't know what's going on in front of them (or behind the scenes) or are being blindly led by people putting self interest above everything else.

Bit in bold - This is all the more reason why they should not have a seat on the board.

My view on the Trust is that it is an opportunity but (i'll get my tin hat on now) I don't see them doing that much to make a difference to the average supporter. This might be going on but I just don't see it. Oddly enough I joined when we did Operation Promotion but I didn't really feel part of a movement and when my subs where due the following year they did nothing to encourage me to pay again.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 215
bax
March 18, 2018, 4:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Sounds like Bax has got a lot on his chest and wants to get rid of it.

Unless Fenty as links to the KGB I would rather he hung on until seasons end only because it would be fair to Mike Jolley who has enough on his plate right now.

I agree - more than happy to wait for the rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 215
bax
March 18, 2018, 4:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

[/b]

Bit in bold - This is all the more reason why they should not have a seat on the board.

My view on the Trust is that it is an opportunity but (i'll get my tin hat on now) I don't see them doing that much to make a difference to the average supporter. This might be going on but I just don't see it.

Stevenage and Operation Promotion say otherwise and the bars are 100% better than pre-Trust. Don't get me wrong, the Trust has done some amazing stuff over the years and there's absolutely 100% a role for a progressive group that listens and represents the people who PAY to be part of it. But that's not this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 215
HertsGTFC
March 18, 2018, 4:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from bax

Stevenage and Operation Promotion say otherwise and the bars are 100% better than pre-Trust. Don't get me wrong, the Trust has done some amazing stuff over the years and there's absolutely 100% a role for a progressive group that listens and represents the people who PAY to be part of it. But that's not this one.

Like I say it's a "real opportunity" In fairness I don't see what they do in the bars as I don't drink a BP on match days due to the long drive home.

I did notice something though recently and if I'm right it speaks volumes. I may be wrong here but there is a chap who sits in the directors box suited and booted who I think represents the Trust if this is the case I never thought it was such a hierarchical organisation, maybe 'm wrong but it just appeared odd.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 215
oldun
March 18, 2018, 4:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Don't hold your breath for The Trust to be the saviour of the club. As far as I can see they are a group of well meaning amateurs with the interests of the club at heart, but as far as ousting the board or staging a take over coup, forget it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 215
davmariner
March 18, 2018, 4:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from bax

Would you be interested in starting a new Trust?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 215
friskneymariner
March 18, 2018, 4:48pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from bax

The current direction of the Trust is to support the club's board come what may and discredit anyone who threatens the place on said board. I believe the fans and Trust members should make a decision of that magnitude. It's unsustainable for the Trust to continue to pay £46k a year for a place on the board (yes, that's what was handed over last year) and it will go bust if it continues as it is.

The survey results clearly show fans don't want the place on the board and they don't want to pay £30k a year for the privilege.

Unfortunately there are senior people on the Trust board who believe the place on the club board is more important than anything else. As long as the Trust continues to have the club's board contribute to the writing of its statements and fails to listen to its members as it has with the survey, it will continue to be irrelevant.

I have been as big a supporter of the Trust as anyone and I've spent a hugely enjoyable five years involved with it. But it's no longer fit for purpose and, in my opinion, doesn't listen to or represent the fans anymore.

The irony is there are some fantastic people involved on the Trust board who either don't know what's going on in front of them (or behind the scenes) or are being blindly led by people putting self interest above everything else.

Nice to see someone in the know confirming my view(which I was slated for) that the Trust has become a self interest group totally disengaged from the rank and file fans.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 215
bax
March 18, 2018, 4:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

Would you be interested in starting a new Trust?

Not a chance. I’ve been to one game since Christmas and I highly doubt I’ll get a season ticket next season unless there are significant changes.

Having seen what I have, I have zero desire to do anything for them again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 215
Rodley Mariner
March 18, 2018, 4:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Thanks for what you did do Bax. Some might not have appreciated it but Operation Promotion is the closest I've felt to the club in years and I know you were a huge part of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 215
Davec
March 18, 2018, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Well as other will know I have never really been a massive fan of the trust and I have on occasions been involved in some cross words with some people on the trust board but Bax's recent comments I think only support my view that the trust do not represent the fans has much as it should, when Bax resigned as the chairman I did express my concerns over Alan Rutter's role as interim chairman as he has been at fans forums expressing his support at the checkatrade trophy and expressing his opinion that Fenty is doing an excellent job, therefore I believe him to be a yes man, just like Terry Rudrum is and I fear Jon Wood is, amongst others. And that I think ties in with Bax's comment that there are certain people on the trust board who are more concerned about themselves and their opinions rather than the opinions of supporters.

Yes I know everyone is entitled to opinions, but if members of the trust board are making decisions based on their personal opinion rather than the opinion of supporters then that defeats the point of having a supports trust.

I do think we as fans should be entitled to vote in and out the trust board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Freefall

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.