Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 27 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 119,345 views. Print
149 Pages Prev ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... Next All Recommend Thread
tellnoramariner
August 28, 2008, 8:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +2
Got the reply mate, also just completed my final bike ride before the big day, just a short 15 miler, but there was a strong head wind and along some long bumpy tracks which made it a bit tougher, overall pretty pleased with my progress and really looking forward to the ride now.

Think myself and Brazilnut are going on Compass FM tomorrow for a brief chat and a final promotional push. We were wondering if anyone would like us to say anything in particular? If so could you either reply on here or PM myself before dinnertime tomorrow. We're going down about 2.45 tomorrow so keep a listen out on everyones favourite local station (ahem, cough splutter!!!).

"That's football, Mike, Northern Ireland have had several chances and haven't scored but England have had no chances and scored twice."
Trevor Brooking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1290 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 28, 2008, 8:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Hi Phil, ive emailed brazil with certain requests for the show.
Just a thank you to:
Ready rent a car (lending us mini bus and transit van (driver needed pm me if available)
Barnes of lincoln, for rescuing us at the last minute. (taking majority of bikes back to gy for free)
Jo Carmicheal at Humberside Police (ops team) she has helped out massively with this.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 1291 - 1487
tellnoramariner
August 28, 2008, 8:29pm
Beer Drinker
Sounds good, i'll give you organisers a big mention too for all the amazing hard work you've put in. Hope your feeling pretty proud at the minute (if not completely knackered)?

Going to be a great day and the weather forecast looks pretty good too! Shame the wind direction can't change to a north easterly...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2562

"That's football, Mike, Northern Ireland have had several chances and haven't scored but England have had no chances and scored twice."
Trevor Brooking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1292 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 28, 2008, 8:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Erm me personally, im kinda proud of being able to do it, but were not long away and alot still needs sorting, so me and josh got long hard day tomoro (as well as he got to do school work) come 3pm when were all there safely then, we will be able to sit back and just relax and be happy with what weve worked so hard to make happen, not just for us.
But for the main people - you guys.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 1293 - 1487
Helgy
August 28, 2008, 8:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Jako was a laugh he said watch this it's easy to walk out with anything and the security guard's face was a picture.
He did not know what to do as Jacko walked towards the exit with a crate of stella under his arm.
Then tried to run Lincolnmariner over on a bike
Well done though your efforts in all of this have been magnificent .
With me just organising two little events has opened my eyes and for you lot to donate all this time & effort is something special.
I just wish a few more imps could have bitten the bullet and got involved .
Those imps that have helped i could not have asked for more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1294 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 28, 2008, 8:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
With the videos were captured today weve got a special title for it and caption
"The Real Peter Jackson"
Peter jackson causes havoc attempting to run over a local rival fan on his cycle he was riding around sainsburys. Once he failed this, he plotted on to steal a crate of stella closely follwed by another (unnamed) member of lcfc with a trolley full of beer.

Today was fantastic, turned into a circus for about 20 mins when jacko and iffy turned up.
Iffy collecting was just funny and does that guy ever stop eating!!!!

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 1295 - 1487
tellnoramariner
August 28, 2008, 8:43pm
Beer Drinker
Sounds like a right laugh today, wish I could've made it!

Is there anything planned for the night-time back in Grimsby/Cleethorpes? Excuse my ignorance if i've missed something but i'm assuming there's nothing organised as such so is everyone heading to a certain pub to meet up for a few beers in the evening?

Trevor Brooking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1296 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 28, 2008, 9:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
No sorry Phil i just didnt have time to organise anything, me and josh are NOT coming back to GY, Ive got work at 7 the next morning and Josh has excrement loads of school work to catch up with as far as im aware.

Were heading up to the lord tennyson afterwoods.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 1297 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 28, 2008, 9:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
This was the email put out to EVERYONE involved in BTTB 08 (if you didnt get it pm asap)

Hi Guys,

Firstly some points are only for certain people this is detailed where necessary.

We held a fundraiser at Sainsburys today, With thanks to the Lincoln riders:
Andy, Steve and Matt who came down and helped, a special thanks to Sarah and Amy as well.
Also Thanks to the St Barnabas rep and Steves friend.
Still counting money raised but looking at £150-£200 so good total.

More important matters:
If you do not have a bike please let me know today or first thing tomorrow (ive put my number at the bottom please contact me on this if you require a bike)
I only know of Luke O'hara and Dean Campbell still needing a bike.

Sponsorship forms.

For LCFC riders please can you email, call or text me your total before 8pm tomorrow night, we need to get a running total for the cheque presentation on Saturday, please do continue to collect sponsor's.

GTFC riders please if your attending the meeting tomorrow night please give me your total's there.

As ive just mentioned above there is a meeting we are requesting that ALL riders and support staff (drivers inc) attend if possible, if you cant attend again please let me know asap. Meeting will be held in the imp at 6.30 please arrive at 6.25pm at the latest so we can start at 6.30pm. I will be at the entrance for all those that don't know where the function room is.

FAO Kym and Mike (Charity Rep's) Please can you be at Sincil Bank for 2.15pm Trust suite - Parking is available at the fire Brigade.

Im planning on having a meeting with LCFC CEO tomorrow morning and will be in touch with lcfc riders regarding change of clothes etc.

For GTFC riders -
All Bikes can be stored in the lower carlsberg Bar tomorrow between 4.30pm and 5pm. Timing isn't ideal because of the meeting but the club are using the bar up until 4pm and it closes until 5pm so we only have a short window to work with.

All Health and Safety will be discussed tomorrow night.

For UNDER 18 Riders.
If i haven't had vocal permission from your parents yet please let me know i believe there is one or two people outstanding.
THIS MUST BE DONE.

Rider Safety sheets/Disclaimers.
If i haven't had one of you yet and you have it please bring it to the meeting tomorrow, More copies will be available.

I'm sorry to have to keep repeating things like the above, we just have to make sure everyone is aware of all points.

Thanks

Jonathan Spurr
BTTB 08

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 1298 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 28, 2008, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker

We had a great day today, was perfectly fine till jacko and co turned up then it just turned into a circus!
Jacko tried nicking case of stella (obviously didnt, was winding security up) Rode round sainsburys on a lcfc riders bike trying to run me over
then just kept repeat wheres alan buckley, wheres alan buckley....had a long decent chat with jacko today was rather interesting, he thinks both teams will get out of this spot.

And iffy was just stood there stuffing his face with the free samplers.

Was fun.

It means much more

Private Message
Reply: 1299 - 1487
149 Pages Prev ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.