Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 118,526 views. Print
149 Pages Prev ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... Next All Recommend Thread
OZMAN
September 1, 2008, 10:33am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
you just carnt leave me b lol let me sort my aching limbs out (not really i feel great) got mine from cycle shop down st peters ave or u could try that place at wilton road mate they just as good and a little cheaper i think
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1380 - 1487
ticker_1610
September 1, 2008, 12:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
It is a claude butler tho, hybrid? Had to run the line at my teams game yesterday morning, had a lie in today and    back in training tomorrow morning. Now the ride has gone I can incorporate more cross training (sounds like sumat jesus may have done). am getting new cycle carrier to take bike to Sherwood Pines and the such. Thanks anyway Dave. See you at next games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1381 - 1487
DavidB
September 1, 2008, 12:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Now we need to complete the event by collecting in the sponsorship money!

Could someone please remind me (to save me trawling through 1300+ posts!) the name of the bank account that sponsors should make cheques payable to? (I know that there's the paypal option but some have asked to pay by cheque.)

Thanks!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1382 - 1487
caistormariner
September 1, 2008, 4:46pm

Always think in Black and White
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +62
Quoted from 9
Have enjoyed looking at the Photos.I realize I recognise at least two apart from the guys I met on friday afternoon.Obviously like everyone else I recognise messrs Guinness and Cider,but the guy in photo 14 for several seasons I sat just infront of you while you ate a pie,then you went off abroad and when you came back you sit down the front now.Whats your handle on here?

Hi  My handle is Caistormariner I used to have a season ticket but since retiring miss too many games so just pay when I am about I had agreat day on saturday loved the atmospher
and meeting all you guys - would love to put names and fishy handles to you all - maybe someone will put a photo on with us all on with these details.  I do a bit of cycling so was
was not too bad at the end although I have not got the speed of some but I looked at some of the bikes and listened to the stories of training
or lack of it and was amazed everyone finished - and to the two lads who biked from killingholme first - fantastic!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1383 - 1487
BIGChris
September 1, 2008, 5:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DavidB

Could someone please remind me (to save me trawling through 1300+ posts!) the name of the bank account that sponsors should make cheques payable to? (I know that there's the paypal option but some have asked to pay by cheque.)

Thanks!

might be best to PM citymariner or lincolnmariner for those details
Private Message
Reply: 1384 - 1487
NewtoN
September 1, 2008, 5:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
or me i'm sure i could identify everyone on the lineup

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1385 - 1487
Flying Scotsman
September 1, 2008, 5:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Greetings from bonny Scotland.

As a typical hairy arsed macho man type, it pains me to say it, but i have looked at all 56 pictures with tears streaming down my cheeks. I am in total awe of you all for what you have achieved. Only sorry I couldn't be with you (doctors orders). Well done everyone - sod "Superstars" I know where the real ones are! Not forgetting all you guys that took an idea and made it grow in to the brilliant event it became, and to the back up staff.

Have you thought, says he, tongue in cheek, you might not have to go through it all again nexy year after we have been promoted!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1386 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
September 1, 2008, 9:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Quoted from DavidB

Thanks!

Hi David,

Im gonna put an email out to everyone shortly.
briefly it will say, basically ways to pay, these will be cash (paid ONLY to me or Josh) cheque not sure what name will have to go on (must be the name off the account) postal order or bank transfer.
When collecting sposnorship money can you please have a copy of a sponsorship form which MUST be signed and dated by both the rider/collecter and either me or josh.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 1387 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
September 1, 2008, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Quoted from caistormariner

Hi  My handle is Caistormariner I used to have a season ticket but since retiring miss too many games so just pay when I am about I had agreat day on saturday loved the atmospher
and meeting all you guys - would love to put names and fishy handles to you all - maybe someone will put a photo on with us all on with these details.  I do a bit of cycling so was
was not too bad at the end although I have not got the speed of some but I looked at some of the bikes and listened to the stories of training
or lack of it and was amazed everyone finished - and to the two lads who biked from killingholme first - fantastic!!

We have a great photo sent through from lcfc from saturday is there anyone who doesnt mind been identified, i will put it up in 24 hours otherwise lol

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 1388 - 1487
marinerian
September 2, 2008, 1:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from ticker_1610
I was the big fella on the racer Chris. Just want to say What a great day, thanks to all those who avoided hitting me as I lay on the ground at Ludborough on the first hill. Just realising now how many body parts I bruised ribs are so sore. But the day was inspirational. Now thinking of cycling the Hadrians Wall cycle route which is minor roads and off road from Cumbria to Newcastle just over 100 miles over 2/3 days with a night in Newcastle.

Who was the chap emigrating to Aus riding the claude butler hybrid? I`m thinking of getting similar hybrid bike to use for work around town. Sorry I forgot your name matey, was a bit dehydrated at the end brain got a bit fuddled.

John I am up for doing the Hadrians Wall ride, be great to continue the great work if Josh,John and Matty Newton are up for it especially as BTTB 08 was a huge success!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 1389 - 1487
149 Pages Prev ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.