Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

This thread currently has 118,752 views. Print
149 Pages Prev ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lincolnsmariner
August 25, 2008, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
josh check ur pms please

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 1240 - 1487
lincolnsmariner
August 25, 2008, 7:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Josh dunno if u have details of who have bought t-shirts but can u list names of orders so we cna make sure we have everyones order please.

Football isnt about life and Death,
It means much more

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110883967688&ref=nf BTTB II

Private Message
Reply: 1241 - 1487
LH
August 25, 2008, 11:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
Good news girls and boys, I am there on friday!

Be sure to buy me a pint to make sure I get off to sleep early.
Private Message
Reply: 1242 - 1487
Brazilnut
August 26, 2008, 5:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
How is everyone feeling
i am switching  from some sort of mania for punishment and looking forward to it to a manic dread of what have i said i would do .....stuck on 12 hour nights  all week  so wont be drinking  which is good ...but does mean i will be gagging for a pint Friday at meeting which is bad

not sure if to say that is it and hope i have enough in legs ...or to do one more 20 miler wednesday mornign straight after night shift............................will it make much differance

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1243 - 1487
NewtoN
August 26, 2008, 11:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from lincolnsmariner
Should be article in page four of telewag tomorrow i believe.

it's on page 2 and i am not a lincoln fan, his name is Matthew Harris not Newton lol they cut me and leon out

must of been some crossed wires  

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1244 - 1487
NewtoN
August 26, 2008, 11:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +207
Gold Stars: 5

Up the Mariners, Up the Broadley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1245 - 1487
Citymariner
August 26, 2008, 3:56pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +18 / -1
Approval: +27
lol - you show me your folder full of meetings, invoices, planning, banking detaills!!!

its a good article, paul did it a while a go so some of the figures are slightly outdated otherwise a good article

Newton has crossed to the dark side  

the great news is that we have Fenty as a definite to join the ride! woop!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1246 - 1487
Citymariner
August 26, 2008, 3:58pm
Pontoonite
Quoted from LH
Good news girls and boys, I am there on friday!

Be sure to buy me a pint to make sure I get off to sleep early.

thats great news leon that you can make it.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1247 - 1487
Citymariner
August 26, 2008, 4:02pm
Pontoonite
T-shirt order

Mediums
Josh Lane
Jon Spurr
Steve Burns
Howard Smith
Leon Harding

Large
Barry Evans
Martin Burns
David Booth
Vanessa Booth
Steve Claybourn
Liam Morris
Lord Robbie Tennyson
Phil Patton

XL's
Big Chris
Peter salsbury
Julie Hostad
Steve Burnett
james stolworthy
ian townsend

We have left:
2x Large
4x XL

all @ £10
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1248 - 1487
Citymariner
August 26, 2008, 4:05pm
Pontoonite
A rider has kindly brought together these tips for eating for the ride, feel free to copy and print for your reference:

Eating is an intrinsic part of cycling. If you get your food intake wrong, it doesn’t matter how fit you are - you could just ‘hit the wall’ (experience the dreaded bonk). Even many top pros can get their food intake wrong; insufficient food is a big factor in explaining an unexpectedly poor performance. As well as eating the right amount of food, it is also important to eat healthy foods which offer more than just calories.

These are some tips for eating and cycling:

Right Balance Protein / Carbohydrates.  One mistake cyclists can make is to just eat carbohydrates; but for recovery and long term good health, you will need a mix of carbs and protein.

Avoid Too Many Simple Sugars. When you are very active, it is tempting to feel that you will burn off simple sugars, found in sweets and chocolates. However, even though you may burn off the calories, it is important to bear in mind these foods have nil nutritional value and can cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels, which is not desirable. It is better to base calorie intake primarily on complex carbohydrates such as grains, lentils and  pasta. These provide steady blood sugar levels and not just an immediate ‘hit’

Don’t Wait Until Hungry.

When riding, it is important to eat constantly and not wait until you feel hungry. If you wait until you are hungry it will be too late. This is important for races lasting over 2 hours such as a 100 mile time trial. There is only so much food the body can take per hour, therefore, there should be a constant supply of food.

What Are Good Foods to Eat When Cycling?

Bananas (although has high glycaemic index)
Muesli bars (mixture of food)
Sandwich rolls e.g. jam sandwiches, banana sandwhiches,
Apples.
Custom energy bars. Tend to be expensive, but can choose bars which have mixture of carbs and protein. I often buy similar bars, which are not spefically manufactured for athletes. These tend to be cheaper. For example, Frusli bars, Nutri Grain bars e.t.c.
Liquid energy. - The simplest way to take on board energy. Good for short races where digestion is difficult.
Eating For Recovery.

It is just as important to eat food for recovery as it is food before and during a race. Some people like to take recovery drinks which enable easy absorption of carbs and protein.

Glycaemic Index

Foods with a high glycaemic index increase the blood sugars rapidly. Foods with a low glycaemic index raise blood sugar levels gradually over a period of time. Therefore, before the start of a ride and at the beginning of a ride it is good to eat foods with relatively low glycaemic index. These foods include: apples, bran, spaghettic, baked beans.

Foods with a high glycaemic index are better eaten at the end of a ride. High GI foods include: bananas, potatoes, jelly beans

Eat for the Next Day. Don’t just think about the present day; think about how your food will affect your ride on the next day.  If you have a long ride for tomorrow, eat good quantities of complex carbohydrates the day or two preceding.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1249 - 1487
149 Pages Prev ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Bike to the Bank/Park - Charity Bike Ride

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.