Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 131 Guests

General election

This thread currently has 36,730 views. Print
39 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
June 8, 2017, 7:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
What worry's me though is the main party's  lack of concern for environmental issues.Surely that is priority as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/n.....-party-a7763011.html

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 385
Grim74
June 8, 2017, 9:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Have the conservatives won yet? 😀

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 385
grimsby pete
June 8, 2017, 9:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Grim74

The total votes from 0700 to 0945 give conservatives a lead in all but one seat.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 385
Grim74
June 8, 2017, 10:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

The total votes from 0700 to 0945 give conservatives a lead in all but one seat.

Which one grimsby 😂

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 385
cmackenzie4
June 8, 2017, 10:56am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
That's my vote in.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 385
Rick12
June 8, 2017, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Grim74
Who I voted for.Feel Theresa May comes across as far more polished and a better candidate than Corbyn. Certainly fills me with confidence

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 385
Grim74
June 8, 2017, 12:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Don't you find it funny how the Tories are claiming four million couples will pay more tax, when only around 1 million of those eligible couples actually apply for it? Even the Telegraph reports this in the linked article.

Yep, the Tories are lying again, quite consciously as well. Very tough for the 3 million or so couples who haven't applied for this allowance. For those who have, I'm sure the loss of less than 20 quid a month won't be too damaging. How much does it cost to administer, I wonder?

It's funny that you should point out that the Labour Manifesto says that married couples would have to pay a couple of hundred million additional tax yet haven't mentioned anything about the £7.5 billion that 3 million of the poorest working families will lose due to incoming Tory cuts. That's some pretty selective excrement there, man.

One is important to millions of people in the country, one won't be noticed.

By the way, borrowing money really, really isn't a problem:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/neweconomics/magic-money-tree-dont-let-politicians-tell-otherwise/

The reason the recovery has been so dire is the pointless Tory austerity since 2010.

Your random £150 billion figure is nonsense as well, of course. The Labour Party would plan to borrow an additional £50-odd billion each year to invest and kick start the economy. As is the way, the vast majority of this would end up back with the treasury through the usual route of taxation so it would almost certainly pay for itself at the very least whilst creating jobs, infrastructure, building industries. You know, the sort of stuff that the Germans and Chinese have been doing for decades.

Thing with you Maringer you are always lording the Labour Party up but the reality is they have let the British public down especially the working class time and time again, don't you understand if they were any good for us they would still be in power now (cue it's the right wing press fault 😂). I bet if this forum was on the go during the Blair and Brown years you would still of been saying the same old things, you are just not prepared to listen to the other main party's, I could mention anyone from the Conservative or UKIP and you would be on here quicker than Diane Abbott in a cake shop..

The people that come on here who haven't been indoctrinated in the Labour system seem intelligent enough to realise that both the Labour and the Conservatives have been shambolic at times whether it be on Immigration, the NHS or the Economy etc, and I'm guessing these people will now look at this election as a choice between two poor candidates and ultimately choose the lesser of two evils not the colour of their rosette, and for many it's going to boil down to who will make us safer not who you tell us to, because at the minute this trumps Brexit, Social care, unemployment etc.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 385
Maringer
June 8, 2017, 12:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,564
Gold Stars: 185
New Labour weren't brilliant in some respects, but they did much more good than any Tory government from the past 40 years. Not to mention that much of their expenditure was spent on trying to rebuild our creaking infrastructure after almost 20 year of the Tories running it down. Picking PFI to fund some of it was a foolish choice, but then the Tories started PFI before Labour and have continued ramping it up since 2010 so they are just as foolish.

All the New Labour achievements have been reversed since 2010 under the Tory lie that they are unaffordable. This claim coming alongside tax cuts for the wealthy (which has reduced revenue), tax cuts for corporations (which has reduced revenue). Pay freezes on millions of public sector workers who effectively now have an income 17% lower than it was back in 2010. Don't know about you, but most of us would struggle to lose the best part of a fifth of our income.

If increased welfare, better education and better living standards for all are so unaffordable, then how do the Scandinavian economies manage it? The Tory cuts are based on lies - always have been, always will be. Back in 2010 they were using the comical claim that once debt/GDP ratio exceeded 90%, a country's economy struggles. Utter nonsense which is clearly shown to be the case when it turned out that the authors of the academic paper this ridiculous policy was based on had got their numbers wrong! A good job, as well, as our debt/GDP will be up over 90% soon. That's after years of cuts which can't and won't work. You don't make a country richer by making almost everyone in it poorer.

One question for you, Grim. Bear in mind that May claims to be working for the 'JAMs' - Just About Managing families. How do you square this with her continuing to implement Osborne's benefit cuts which will leave 3 million of the poorest working families with an average loss of over £200 per month? Surely you have to disagree with this policy?

This sort of a policy is what letting the working class looks like - taking money out of their pockets at the same time that you give it to corporations by cutting their tax rate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 385
Maringer
June 8, 2017, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,564
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Rick12
Who I voted for.Feel Theresa May comes across as far more polished and a better candidate than Corbyn. Certainly fills me with confidence

Theresa May, polished? Now I've heard everything. A leader too cowardly to debate her opponents, who does her level best to avoid members of the public and who looks panicked at the gentlest of questioning from interviewers? I fear you're in for a big disappointment when Brexit bites.

Remember, "No deal is better than a bad deal" is a sentence with no meaningful content. No deal is the worst possible outcome of the forthcoming negotiations. The absolute worst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 385
grimsby pete
June 8, 2017, 12:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
I have cast my vote for the party who will have the best Prime Minister.

P.S.  It was not Corbyn.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 385
39 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.