Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

General election

This thread currently has 36,716 views. Print
39 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
June 5, 2017, 7:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
I am being swayed from voting Tory by all the labour voters on here,

To be honest its a waste of time voting anything else around here,

I still can not vote for Corbyn so I might just spoil my paper,

I have never done that before.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 385
ginnywings
June 5, 2017, 8:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am being swayed from voting Tory by all the labour voters on here,

To be honest its a waste of time voting anything else around here,

I still can not vote for Corbyn so I might just spoil my paper,

I have never done that before.

You would be voting for the party and it's ideals. I didn't like Paul Hurst, but it didn't stop me attending BP. Political parties live on, whoever is in charge of them. Just like football clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 385
Maringer
June 5, 2017, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
Nothing wrong with a protest vote, Pete. Our shite electoral system means that way too many votes in this country are wasted and if you're in a safe Tory seat, it won't make much of a difference. I just hate the idea of anybody voting for the Tories just because they don't like Corbyn for whatever reason.

The Tories pathetic excuse for a 'manifesto' shows contempt for the electorate - not just those voters who wouldn't vote for them in any case, but their usual supporters who deserve more than dishonest platitudes and blatant lies about their opponents. New Labour took 13 years to (narrowly) render themselves unelectable - the current bunch of Tory shysters have lied and cheated their way almost to this point in just seven, and that's with the Lib Dems to blame a couple of years ago.

I think they'll still win, more's the pity, but they deserve absolutely nothing from this campaign, from their joke of a manifesto, from their obvious disregard for the truth and most importantly for their obvious lack of any sort of clue how to negotiate an acceptable deal with the EU. David Davis (useful idiot), Liam Fox (dishonest crook) and Boris Johnson (self-serving liar)? Not exactly a dream team is it?

Theresa May - has there ever been a PM who looks less like she knows why she actually wants to be in charge?
Amber Rudd - wannabe authoritarian (seen the video of her hustings where she passes a note to stop an independent candidate making embarrassing statements?) with secret links with companies in tax havens, not least those she was conveniently a director of when her crooked father was debarred from being a director some years back.
Phil Hammond - remember him? No, me neither.

Hardly a group to inspire, is it, yet people are going to troop off to vote for these clowns.

Yeah, I know, I know, Abbott really is useless as well, but at least she's backing some reasonable policies in amongst her general rubbishness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 385
Grim74
June 5, 2017, 10:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Conservative will still win by a large margin no matter what the polls say, the many shy Tory voters out there will see to that, I just think that as much as I hate the Labour Party (with a passion)  I feel they could of really gone for the jugular of May with a stronger back bench, because apart from McDonnell who speaks well who else is out there rallying the cause? Abbott and Thornberry seem to be the only two we see and hear and they are just vile, they must hemorage Labour votes every time they speak, and where is Tom Watson I've not even seem him all election, May is a feeble leader if I'm honest and looks ready to crack any minute, a missed opportunity I think.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 385
Maringer
June 5, 2017, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
Nah, Thornberry is pretty competent. Very full of herself and a bit smug, but then you could say the same about many politicians.

I'd imagine Abbott is a decent constituency MP, but she's spent so much time sitting alongside Portillo giggling about inane excrement on TV that she's forgotten how to be a sensible politician. Very poor decision for Corbyn to bring her onto the front bench but then with so many others jumping ship in perceived self-interest after the pathetic failed 'coup', there really wasn't too much of a choice. I'd bet some of them are kicking themselves now (though obviously not the likes of self-promoters such as Woodcock and Phillips etc who'd rather see the Tories win than a proper left-leaning candidate). Too many careerist politicians still around in both parties, but I'd hope this might change before too long regardless of the outcome of this election.

Odd to say, but a bit more of united Labour Party would have won at a canter considering the utter ineptitude of May and her crooked cohort. Following the failed 'Chicken Coup', the Tory lead unsurprisingly ballooned when it was pretty narrow up to that point.

Corbyn will probably fail to get elected, but the plotters bear more responsibility for this than anyone else in my view and there is no doubt that we have a proper left-wing manifesto from the Labour Party for the first time in many years.

Affordable as well, note, if we're willing to follow the Scandinavians into a higher-tax, higher-welfare society.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 385
grimsby pete
June 6, 2017, 8:31am

Exile
When May came to power I was impressed at first,

Then she seemed to back track on a lot of things and her running away from debates with other leaders has been very poor,

Looking at the big picture I thought at first I must vote for her but now I am very undecided on who to vote for,

It wont really matter who I vote for because Churchill  ( that's a good name don't you think ? ) will win for the Tories by a big margin,

I will decide on the morning whether to vote or mess my paper up.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 385
grimsby pete
June 6, 2017, 6:51pm

Exile
Quoted from ginnywings

You would be voting for the party and it's ideals. I didn't like Paul Hurst, but it didn't stop me attending BP. Political parties live on, whoever is in charge of them. Just like football clubs.

My wife is not very happy with you  Ginny and especially  Maringer.

She thinks you have turned me,

She really like May.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 385
codcheeky
June 6, 2017, 6:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete

She really like May.

May is Cruella de ville in disguise
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 385
ginnywings
June 6, 2017, 7:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete

She really like May.

Apologies to Mrs Pete but i only state my opinion and respect those of others. I'm glad we live in a democratic country and people can vote how they choose, even if they are misguided.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 385
chaos33
June 6, 2017, 9:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I'd just like to share this if I may. On the money.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0M91g4OlGEY

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 385
39 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.