Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 271 Guests

General election

This thread currently has 36,650 views. Print
39 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 Next All Recommend Thread
scrumble
June 10, 2017, 2:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Maringer

Typically, of course, our flipping stupid electoral system takes the biscuit. The Tories got 5% more votes than Labour but 21% more seats. .

How do you think the libdems feel. Over two million votes and only 12 seats. The SNP get 900k votes but 35 seats.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 385
TownSNAFU5
June 10, 2017, 3:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42
The next big political and sporting shock is for England to win the under 20 World Cup and Scotland to beat England.  Well, the last one had better be a step too far.
The wonderful thing about democracy is that results may surprise us, it delivers what the people want, even when we did not know we wanted it.

This includes leaving the EU, America voting for Trump, even when most of the USA and the world could not understand why.  

Teresa May, like that over-stuffed little haggis, Nicola Sturgeon, also believed her own publicity, and was also over-confident and lost. She could not admit that she wrong about the Dementia Tax and tried to hoodwink the British electorate.  Too arrogant by half - and misguided.

Mrs May said that Labour would deliver a coalition of chaos.  She said "this country needs stability".  She hardly said anything else.............

But this country did not want stability.  It wanted change; chaos and instability.  And that is exactly what it has got.

The young disenfranchised Remain voters (most of the 48%), had their say.  Brexit impacts on them more in the longer-turn.

Winston Churchill said in 1937:  "Courage is the first human quality, it is the quality that guarantees all others". May does not have this, along with other missing core qualities.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 385
Grim74
June 10, 2017, 3:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad

Yep and once they'd achieved that they went back to their interests in improvements in the lot of the working class-something the Tories totally failed to communicate.

Exactly they skulked back to where they had always come from nothing to do with the working class vote, I'm sure there was a good number of drunk off pensioners but the main increase and I'l hazard guess was from the brainwashed youth believeing they can get everything for free thanks to our left wing educational institutions, but also the momentum organisation who ran a great campaign to be fair targeting the young impressionable's through social media.

I think it's now time the government got to grips withe the with bias in schools and universities, there was a survey carried out recently that shows at least 8 out of 10 lectures are left wing! How can this be any good for a balanced society? I think it's time we had some kind of impartiality legislation brought in for a start and I'd  also raise the voting age to 21 as most don't live in the real world until they get a proper job, I know there are exceptions but I'm talking about the majority.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 385
Zmariner
June 10, 2017, 4:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,116
Gold Stars: 44
Enough bickering from me, peace to all , I was a bit disappointed but it is done. We all have our own perspectives and I respect yours this is a democracy utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 385
grimsby pete
June 10, 2017, 6:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
If you looked at what was on offer from the two main parties,

Tories saying you will have to pay for social care from the sale of your family home,

Labour giving free this and free that,

AND

Labour still finished nearly 60 seats short they will never have a better chance of getting into power.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 385
Maringer
June 10, 2017, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Good Lord, it's comical the way that the result has suddenly changed around the facts so much that it is now Labour's fault for not winning! A Tory landslide was expected, it doesn't arrive and now it should have been a Labour win?

They started off massively behind and May only called the fricking election in the first place because the polls were so much in her favour. To think Labour should have somehow done the almost impossible even though May was seen to be so shite by the public is ridiculous. Bear in mind the swing was a good bit bigger than Blair's back in 1997 but the Tories had rendered themselves unelectable by then after years of backstabbing and incompetence.

Oddly enough, the polls narrowed so much only when the election was called - the broadcast media were then legally bound to give balanced coverage to all major parties and people then realised that Corbyn was actually a reasonable chap and not the baby-eating communist devil previously portrayed by lazy journalists. Who knows? Another couple of weeks and they might have been able to turn it around even further.

Let's not just change reality because it doesn't follow our preferred narrative - that's the job of fuckwits like Chris Leslie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 385
barralad
June 11, 2017, 11:41am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Grim74

Exactly they skulked back to where they had always come from nothing to do with the working class vote, I'm sure there was a good number of drunk off pensioners but the main increase and I'l hazard guess was from the brainwashed youth believeing they can get everything for free thanks to our left wing educational institutions, but also the momentum organisation who ran a great campaign to be fair targeting the young impressionable's through social media.

I think it's now time the government got to grips withe the with bias in schools and universities, there was a survey carried out recently that shows at least 8 out of 10 lectures are left wing! How can this be any good for a balanced society? I think it's time we had some kind of impartiality legislation brought in for a start and I'd  also raise the voting age to 21 as most don't live in the real world until they get a proper job, I know there are exceptions but I'm talking about the majority.

Apparently there is solid evidence out there to say that the biggest influence on the lives of children is parental. My take is that the young who stand to suffer the most IF Brexit goes pear shaped exacted a revenge. They did so in spite of the most biased press campaign in British electoral history which failed because the young tend not to read the papers. I don't supposed you'd write clauses into your anti bias legislation to bring the press into line? Of course you wouldn't because that would interfere with their freedom of speech...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 385
grimsby pete
June 11, 2017, 12:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

Apparently there is solid evidence out there to say that the biggest influence on the lives of children is parental. My take is that the young who stand to suffer the most IF Brexit goes pear shaped exacted a revenge. They did so in spite of the most biased press campaign in British electoral history which failed because the young tend not to read the papers. I don't supposed you'd write clauses into your anti bias legislation to bring the press into line? Of course you wouldn't because that would interfere with their freedom of speech...

I am sure the free tuition fees got a few to get out of bed and vote for the first time Ian

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 385
barralad
June 11, 2017, 1:04pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from grimsby pete

I am sure the free tuition fees got a few to get out of bed and vote for the first time Ian

Don't doubt it Pete although the assumption that they needed that to get them out of bed is a sweeping generalisation that is unfair in the extreme. I benefitted from a totally free education...why shouldn't they?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 368 - 385
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2017, 6:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I wonder how much the press will talk about the Tories relying on terrorist sympathisers votes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 369 - 385
39 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › General election

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.