Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 69 Guests

Retained list

This thread currently has 41,592 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
May 9, 2023, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from acko338
If Hurst can get both Amos and Glennon fully fit and able to turn quicker, then they would be good enough. Job for pre season fitness training to resolve.

Goalkeeper position needs honest competition.

Khouri to progress further - result !

I would like to see Raikhy of Villa return in the midfield as he seemed to have both pace and physicality needed for this division.

We do need to find someone who can do the Pouton, Cunnington, Cockerill, Cumming type role again.

Back 4 or 5?? - if 5 and playing wing backs, then 2 new centre backs needed, 1 left footed and either able to cover right wing back if needed.

If 4, then another good right back with pace as a wing back if needed.

Up front - Lloyd has impressed during his loan - will he be available?

Up front - Is Vernam set up already as many seem to think?

Who can come in to do the Livvo role, but perhaps have a little more mobility as well?

Not saying that the ex loanee Richardson would be a ready to go replacement for Taylor, but he was a fierce competitor for a young lad, just unlucky to be injured, and then went back.

Joe Hutchinson has already been named by Jason Stockwood as having done research and putting names forward, so will Paul Hurst's magic "rabbit from a top hat" trick be put to bed this year?

I'm sure that if we get a couple of early signings in place  then the season ticket sales should progress well.

Less of a mass panic for once !!

Really hope we can do better Verman, has not pulled up any trees since he wanted to move away from GTFC.
Was he any good the first time, apart from the Colchester game not really 10 goals in 62 games last time. Since he moved he played 83 games scoring 14 goals including 20 games last sason without scoring for Lincoln, not sure how many games he started, but based on those figures, we need a striker with a better record,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 237
LocalLadGTFC
May 9, 2023, 4:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,325
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Really hope we can do better Verman, has not pulled up any trees since he wanted to move away from GTFC.
Was he any good the first time, apart from the Colchester game not really 10 goals in 62 games last time. Since he moved he played 83 games scoring 14 goals including 20 games last sason without scoring for Lincoln, not sure how many games he started, but based on those figures, we need a striker with a better record,

This whole not pulled up any trees thing really irritates me, because he got 12 goal contributions in 1862 minutes of football for Bradford which equates to 12 goal contributions in 20.6 games. He's also not a striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 91 - 237
toontown
May 9, 2023, 5:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from diehardmariner
Whilst he's struggled for most of this season, I thought Taylor deserved a send-off yesterday.  

He was integral last season and I personally would rather have had the opportunity to give him a round of applause in the final minutes than Mikey O'Neill.

It made me wonder if we signed one of those loan deals for Mikey O'Neil were, if u don't play him at least as a sub u have to pay his wage, if u do play him he is free that week. I honestly can't think of any other reason we would have persisted with him so many times as we have especially on the final day. Hes been so utterly anonymous and surely would have been sent back with the others if we could.
If we have got a  play him or pay for him type deal then preston have really had our trousers down because, regardless of whether he's got enough technical ability to make it in future, he is miles off men's football at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 237
Limerick Mariner
May 9, 2023, 5:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Vernam as a wide player or at 10 and 2 strikers one of whom could also play in a 10 role. With Orsi that would give good options. One of the two needs to be a big fecker though. Most importantly we need to get away from serial loanees being part of our first choice match day squad up front, Lloyd has been an exception in how that has worked for us this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 237
LocalLadGTFC
May 9, 2023, 5:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,325
Gold Stars: 137
As a wide player, he was something we'd missed since Rodman & Neilson. A player that just likes to get at his defender from wide and take the urine out of them, he's a get you off your seat sort of player with his directness and his ability to consistently beat his man. He'd get in every team in this division and I think barring HC we don't have anyone currently that does.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 94 - 237
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 9, 2023, 5:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from acko338

Who can come in to do the Livvo role, but perhaps have a little more mobility as well?

This made me chuckle (I know it wasn't your intention to be funny). 'A little more mobility'?! God bless Livo and love him to death but if we signed an oil rig it would probably have 'a little more mobility' than Livo.

In the same vein, maybe we should sign a player like Ashley Sestanovich but a little less psychotic or someone like Tony Crane but with a slightly smaller bum.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 237
Youngy
May 9, 2023, 5:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from The Yard Dog

https://youtu.be/WkkZopa4FtY

Bradford's fan reaction when he left. Very well liked there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 237
Maringer
May 9, 2023, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from LondonMariner43

'I'm not sure his fitness is there and, if it isn't now, I'm not sure it will be next season'  suggests you don't know much about fitness training.  He came to us having only played 7 games last season and none this season.  If a player is thrown into a side mid-season after a year or so out of the game, they aren't going to hit peak fitness.  He has a chance to work further on his fitness over the summer and be involved in a full pre-season.  What makes you believe that isn't possible?  He has played 120 games at L1 level before the age of 24, which would suggest he's plenty good enough for us.

It's not so relevant now, as we've obviously not put an offer to him but you've completely misunderstood my point. It has not one jot to do with knowing or not knowing much about fitness training.

Emmanuel played 120 games at L1 level before he developed a mystery yet still undisagnosed illness which meant he was put on blood thinners for more than a year and was therefore unable to play. Is he fully recovered from this mystery illness, whatever it was? Hopefully, but his fitness hasn't apparently improved much since he joined on loan and the question has to still remain over his long-term fitness/health.

Obviously, I wish him the best for the future, but I'm happy we didn't try to push the boat out for him because, quite frankly, he's not shown a huge amount in the games I've seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 237
GyMariner
May 9, 2023, 5:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7
Anyone concerned that there’s not much scope for improvement in central midfield going forward?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 237
The Yard Dog
May 9, 2023, 5:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

This whole not pulled up any trees thing really irritates me, because he got 12 goal contributions in 1862 minutes of football for Bradford which equates to 12 goal contributions in 20.6 games. He's also not a striker.

IMO which does not really matter as its the opinion of the manager that counts, we need better than Verman, he wanted away (or agent) he moved to Burton, never keen on players returning.
If he rejoins and made us better, happy to conceed I was wrong.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 237
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.