Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 787 Guests

Retained list

This thread currently has 41,591 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
May 9, 2023, 4:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
If Hurst can get both Amos and Glennon fully fit and able to turn quicker, then they would be good enough. Job for pre season fitness training to resolve.

Goalkeeper position needs honest competition.

Khouri to progress further - result !

I would like to see Raikhy of Villa return in the midfield as he seemed to have both pace and physicality needed for this division.

We do need to find someone who can do the Pouton, Cunnington, Cockerill, Cumming type role again.

Back 4 or 5?? - if 5 and playing wing backs, then 2 new centre backs needed, 1 left footed and either able to cover right wing back if needed.

If 4, then another good right back with pace as a wing back if needed.

Up front - Lloyd has impressed during his loan - will he be available?

Up front - Is Vernam set up already as many seem to think?

Who can come in to do the Livvo role, but perhaps have a little more mobility as well?

Not saying that the ex loanee Richardson would be a ready to go replacement for Taylor, but he was a fierce competitor for a young lad, just unlucky to be injured, and then went back.

Joe Hutchinson has already been named by Jason Stockwood as having done research and putting names forward, so will Paul Hurst's magic "rabbit from a top hat" trick be put to bed this year?

I'm sure that if we get a couple of early signings in place  then the season ticket sales should progress well.

Less of a mass panic for once !!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 237
jamesgtfc
May 9, 2023, 4:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from kafunanapar140909
Re Amos, the release says: "*Danny Amos* has triggered an appearance-related extension to *his* deal", which reads as though it was Amos's decision to extend his contract, having hit the required appearances. Perhaps that took the decision out of PH's hands, meaning we're none the wiser as to whether he actually features in our long-term plans. (FWIW, I'd be doing the same thing if I were Amos, unless I had another club lined up already.)

I don't think it's anything like that, if the trigger was 30 games and Hurst didn't want him around, he wouldn't have played him 30 times. The contract Danny Amos has is his personal contract, and his clause will have been automatic whilst Bramwell's additional year appears much more subjective in nature.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 237
arryarryarry
May 9, 2023, 4:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Les Brechin
A big shame about Scanell. There's a bloody good player in there when he's fully fit. At least we gave it a crack by extending his contract last time, just unfortunate it didn't work out for him.

Frigging hell, he hasn't been fully fit for over 5 years.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 237
Stew0_0
May 9, 2023, 4:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
With the releases, loan returns and Pearson thats 14 players leaving. Think if we replace them with 8/9 players ready to step into the first team including 2 new strikers and 1 top keeper.
Would also like to see us sign Lloyd permanently, replace Mcatee and some creativity in midfield
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 237
LocalLadGTFC
May 9, 2023, 4:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,325
Gold Stars: 137
Possible that some of the contracted players aren't in PH's plans either or they have interest from elsewhere.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 84 - 237
HertsGTFC
May 9, 2023, 4:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,994
Gold Stars: 228
So no surprises there then, well done to Danny Amos's agent for negotiating the appearance clause. In terms of retained numbers we are in much better health than we've been for years.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 237
DB
May 9, 2023, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Possible that some of the contracted players aren't in PH's plans either or they have interest from elsewhere.

You took the words from. Some of those under contract may not be wanted by Hurst next season so it won't surprise me to see some put on a transfer list or loaned out next season.

With Taylor, McAtee and Lloyd gone, I think Hurst must be bringing in 2 new strikers to form a partnership. He did say last August that he knows he needs a striker.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 237
buckstown
May 9, 2023, 4:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 79
Difficult to argue with that list to be honest. Other than rare glimpses of quality (eg Northampton away) I thought Emmanuel was a little disappointing. We need proper pace down the right to provide for the new strikers!
Think Otis will be a big hit next season if he can stay fit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 237
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 9, 2023, 4:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from diehardmariner
Whilst he's struggled for most of this season, I thought Taylor deserved a send-off yesterday.  

He was integral last season and I personally would rather have had the opportunity to give him a round of applause in the final minutes than Mikey O'Neill.

I wondered this too and thought it might’ve been the old Bradley Woods situation where 1 game triggered another year onto his contract?

I agree, when he has played, notably more last season, he put in well over the minimum 100%. Old Father Time is slowly catching up on him but, I think he will be back in the national league maybe.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 237
lukeo
May 9, 2023, 4:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
I have no clue who we are signing but we have 11-12 more than capable mid table league 2 teams. We have space for 10+ first team players. Now out of that 10+ if we can find 5 players that are better than we already have then we're well on our way to a top 7 finish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 237
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.