Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 101 Guests

Retained list

This thread currently has 41,571 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
May 10, 2023, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ska face
Didn’t someone say Bromley were in for Orsi in Jan?

Move him on for me.

Would not be at all surprised if he was allowed to leave, hurst has often picked pepple and simmonds ahead of him in the earlier part of the season - and he sent both of those back as not good enough. Orsi did force himself ahead of dickson Peters and O'Neil in the pecking order but that's an incredibly low bar. Taylor was often preferred to him but has also been allowed to leave.

I think I would be surprised if he is not loaned out or left by the close of the window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 237
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 10, 2023, 1:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 184
Wow! Cole Stockton released that would be a great signing
Jamie proctor, if he is still based in Rotherham, possible signing
James Bolton, ex hurst signing and loads of experience at a higher level

There’s definite quality out there. It’s just getting them to sign on the dotted line

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 237
Jarmo.Is.God
May 10, 2023, 2:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from 140381
There's definitely a player in Orsi, saw flashes of it again last Saturday.

I like Orsi.
He's a horrible guy to play against.
Always in the way, hustling and involved in everything, and generally a bit of an @rsehole on the pitch.
He will rattle other teams and fans very quickly, and we need that.
Oh, and he can score when given the chance.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 237
Stew0_0
May 10, 2023, 2:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,188
Gold Stars: 35
Cole Stockton has informed Morecambe he wont be re-signing for them and Sheff Wednesday favourites to sign him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 237
MrsMariner
May 10, 2023, 3:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I like Orsi.
He's a horrible guy to play against.
Always in the way, hustling and involved in everything, and generally a bit of an @rsehole on the pitch.
He will rattle other teams and fans very quickly, and we need that.
Oh, and he can score when given the chance.

Agree with you on that one he certainly rattled a premier league defence at Southampton and to be fair he still hasn't been given an extended run of starts to really show what he can do and strikers of all people need the confidence only a run of games can bring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 237
ChannelMariner
May 10, 2023, 4:16pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +52
Gold Stars: 2
I like Orsi a lot, as people have said he's a pain in the bottom for the opposition, works hard and has decent composure. Can't be forgetting that flick against Luton which was absolutely sublime.

Without a doubt, we need some pace. We are seriously lacking in that area and we don't, at this point, have the muscle to back it up. He wasn't widely rated but I personally thought Kiernan got in some great positions and caused some problems when he was here, it's a shame he couldn't back it up and stick it in the net.

I think it's a shame about Emmanuel really, thought he showed a bit of something and would've liked to have had him next season as I think he has more quality than Efete at right back.

I echo that we need a passing midfielder with a bit more pedigree than Hunt. Hunt has definitely shown glimpses recently but you can't say he hasn't been poor for a lot of the season so it's important we find someone who can work with him as I don't think Green has the quality to do so. I rate Green but I don't think he's a top 7 starter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 237
GollyGTFC
May 10, 2023, 4:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Orsi had a season where he hardly played at Harrogate. He’s now had a season where he’s hardly played at Grimsby. You couldn’t blame him if he wanted to go somewhere he might play week in week out.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 166 - 237
LocalLadGTFC
May 10, 2023, 4:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,322
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Watched Leyton Orient the other day. In George Moncur they had a fabulous midfielder. Lots went through him and he was box to box with an eye for goal.
Probably way out of our budget but what a difference someone like that makes to a side. Also speedy winger Smyth. Both of the could probably play in the Championship

Moncur could probably play in the championship because that's where he's spent the majority of his recent years. He has family ties with Orient and had a bad injury at Hull IIRC. He was one of the best midfielders in the higher divisions and was signed for half a million by Barnsley not too long ago... only 29. Was an unbelievable signing for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 167 - 237
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 10, 2023, 4:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Moncur could probably play in the championship because that's where he's spent the majority of his recent years. He has family ties with Orient and had a bad injury at Hull IIRC. He was one of the best midfielders in the higher divisions and was signed for half a million by Barnsley not too long ago... only 29. Was an unbelievable signing for them.

I couldn’t believe that Chris Gunter was playing for Wimbledon on Monday as well

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 237
headingly_mariner
May 10, 2023, 5:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Could well be 2 or 3 under contract that also move on. Hurst will be honest about likely game time next season. If the likes of Amos, Holohan and Orsi can find themselves regular football next season it would be unfair to keep them. If we do the sort of business we need to do I can’t see any of those getting much of a look in.

Holohan played 51 times for us this season. Can't get much more regular football than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 237
24 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Retained list

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.